Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number of Watchers Feature

Default Number of Watchers Feature

I am new so forgive my ignorance. Does eBid have a number of watchers for each listing function. I have some items listed, and while I can see number of "views", I have not seen anything indicating the no of watchers on an item.

I sell on Ebay as well and am quite used to this feature.

Hope you will be able to add it soon.

Thank you.

Default Re: Number of Watchers Feature

Quote Originally Posted by rajaorchids View Post
    I am new so forgive my ignorance. Does eBid have a number of watchers for each listing function. I have some items listed, and while I can see number of "views", I have not seen anything indicating the no of watchers on an item.

I sell on Ebay as well and am quite used to this feature.

Hope you will be able to add it soon.

Thank you.
    There is no 'watchers' feature on eBid. Views are, quite literally, the number of people who have looked at your item.

As for your request, I have had over fifty watchers on an eBay item before now, and one vote. Most watchers, I suspect, are 'competitors' waiting to see the amount your item fetches; others simply add to their list and forget about it.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Watchers may also be people who are thinking about buying your item.
    Or going to talk to their partner etc
    Or who maybe do not have the money at the moment.

I doubt If 50 competitors would bother to watch items.

Here in NZ on our Trademe site I make lots of sales to watchers, by using the sites offer a deal feature.

That was just an extreme example to point out the oft futility of having 'watchers'. Of course they are not all competitors

Nevertheless, the number of watchers bears no resemblance to the number of bids in most cases.

That is just my personal experience, of course.

This option could be a necessity for some people, to know if anybody is interested in your item before you pay to relist it again.

But then again, however beneficial an idea is, and how it can only benefit people and affect nobody, there are ALWAYS people who go against it...

I think we need to feature, IMO.
    I am in support of a P&P lowest first option when buying products! Please help us simplify buying!
    |
    |
    v
    http://forums.ebid.net/showthread.ph...P-Lowest-first

I am against imported feedback.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysteaks View Post
    But then again, however beneficial an idea is, and how it can only benefit people and affect nobody, there are ALWAYS people who go against it...
    I'm of the camp that feels that the number of 'watchers' provides no meaningful data without the knowledge of why a person is watching.

That doesn't mean I am against the feature, simply (in my view) that it is way down on the list of things that need implementing/fixing on the site.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysteaks View Post
    This option could be a necessity for some people, to know if anybody is interested in your item before you pay to relist it again.

I think we need to feature, IMO.
    I'm not against it, I just don't see it as a priority. Not least because it is rarely necessary to pay anything at all to list here.

Quote Originally Posted by knit_wits View Post
    There is no 'watchers' feature on eBid. Views are, quite literally, the number of people who have looked at your item.

As for your request, I have had over fifty watchers on an eBay item before now, and one vote. Most watchers, I suspect, are 'competitors' waiting to see the amount your item fetches; others simply add to their list and forget about it.
    Not only people but web spiders coming to browse your items.

Watchers on the other side tended to be people spying to see what price you got for your item in a lot of cases. Like Kim I don't think it's a priority.

Personally I would much rather have a bid column back on a trial run now that the site has grown so much since the last time but I think Gazza and Mark know my opinion on that by now !
    I see another site with a French sounding name has a bid column and they are tiny compared to eBid (sulk !)

I watch items for all kinds of reasons.

And, I agree that I don't think that the "number of watchers" feature has a lot of value without knowing the reason for the watching.

I don't recall saying that I was against a Watchers Function; 'oft futile' was the expression I used which conveyed, I think, that it was also not on the list of MY priorities

Cornishmaid - I'd forgotten the Web Spiders and Spies

Thread Information