Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please add the option for the seller to make buyer pay immediately

Default Please add the option for the seller to make buyer pay immediately

I'm not talking about auctions. I'm talking about buy it now items. I already have 3 non-responsive, non-paying bids. Because of this, I am weary of listing more items on here.

Over on ebay, I've just been promoted to powerseller status, so I have a lot of stock to sell. But because there's no way for me to make buyers here pay right away, I'm too weary to list them here. It's a drain on time and resources to have to wait for buyers to pay. They won't reply to any inquiries. They won't do anything. All they did was press the buy button and then never come back to this site again.

Default Re: Please add the option for the seller to make buyer pay immediately

Agree 100%, simpler for buyers and for sellers.
    I am in support of a P&P lowest first option when buying products! Please help us simplify buying!
    |
    |
    v
    http://forums.ebid.net/showthread.ph...P-Lowest-first

I am against imported feedback.

Personally, I hate those "Pay now" listings.
    When I buy from a seller I often check to see if they have anything else I want. If you make me pay instantly I'm not going to bother doing that. I am not going to pay multiple lots of postage when 99% of sellers would simply post all items together and keep the extra postage for themselves.
    It might well be convenient for you as a seller, but it puts me off being a buyer.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a sellers option... I see no problem having that option.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by unclelamsgadgets View Post
    I'm not talking about auctions. I'm talking about buy it now items. I already have 3 non-responsive, non-paying bids. Because of this, I am weary of listing more items on here.

Over on ebay, I've just been promoted to powerseller status, so I have a lot of stock to sell. But because there's no way for me to make buyers here pay right away, I'm too weary to list them here. It's a drain on time and resources to have to wait for buyers to pay. They won't reply to any inquiries. They won't do anything. All they did was press the buy button and then never come back to this site again.

seems to me you have two issues 1 you want buyers to pay right away 2 NPBs

if you have a serious NPB there not gonna pay what ever you do ie email them [ as you have ] invoice them

pay immediately you cant force a buyer to pay immediately even if the pay button is linked to PP or other payment provider you cant force them to log in you cant force them to hit the pay now button, the option is on feebay but its very rare you see it, in my opinion its slightly patronizing if a buyer intends to pay straight away they will or if they want combined shipping they wait till you send a invoice
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    seems to me you have two issues 1 you want buyers to pay right away 2 NPBs

if you have a serious NPB there not gonna pay what ever you do ie email them [ as you have ] invoice them

pay immediately you cant force a buyer to pay immediately even if the pay button is linked to PP or other payment provider you cant force them to log in you cant force them to hit the pay now button, the option is on feebay but its very rare you see it, in my opinion its slightly patronizing if a buyer intends to pay straight away they will or if they want combined shipping they wait till you send a invoice
    Here's the thing. All my items, both on here and ebay, have all free shipping. So, shipping should not be an excuse.

The 3 buyers on here who aren't paying are not responding to any inquiry from me. At all. It's like they pressed on the buy button for fun and then left.

Here's the thing. All my items, both on here and ebay, have all free shipping. So, shipping should not be an excuse.
    There are very few people who believe that "free shipping" is actually free. Most people are well aware that the seller includes the cost of shipping in the item cost, so buying more than one item means paying multiple shipping charges.

Just be honest with shipping costs. Show them up front for every item, where possible offer a shipping discount for multiple purchases and don't demand instant payment unless you want to stop buyers purchasing more than one item. Sure, it may be more work, but if more work equals more sales .....

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysteaks View Post
    Agree 100%, simpler for buyers and for sellers.
    I think not, it has detrementa effect on both buyer & seller.

As a buyer I wont buy anything that demands payment right away because it means I have to
    Browse and buy item 1
    Login and pay item 1
    Browse and buy item 2
    Login and pay item 2
    Browse and buy item 3
    Login and pay item 3
    way too much hassle, much easier to buy what I fancy and pay once with combined shipping.

The seller demanding payment immediatly might lose out on multi sales. And have to pay multi PP fees instead of just one.
    The multi-buyer might lose out because they overpay on P&P paying individually.

There is no such thing as free P&P, the seller MUST charge for it or go bust.
    Last edited by MelmacALF; 2nd November 2012 at 02:09 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View MelmacALF's Feedback (+76)
    All-About MelmacALF
    View MelmacALF's Listings
    Forum Posts

All they did was press the buy button and then never come back to this site again.
    Have you reported these buyers to ebid ? I have found ebid do reply quickly when I had to contact them :-)

The 3 buyers on here who aren't paying are not responding to any inquiry from me. At all. It's like they pressed on the buy button for fun and then left.
    Perhaps they were so excited, they pressed the buy button and then had a major heart attack.

OK, maybe not. But I've had other situations where it turned out the buyer (or seller) had gone into hospital at short notice. I even know a landlord who had a tenant lined up, he was a no-show on the day he was due to move in, and it turned out he'd had a car smash and been air lifted to hospital.

It's never good to assume the other person is a moronic loser. Even though it often turns out they are!
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information