Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beyond a Joke Now!

Default Re: Beyond a Joke Now!

I might not use the require Immediate Payment option, but many will welcome it, it can only improve the site if we give sellers the options they want.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I might not use the require Immediate Payment option, but many will welcome it, it can only improve the site if we give sellers the options they want.
    Agree. However, I would prefer a shopping cart format to accomodate multiple purchases. But at least the option is being provided. If it is not in shopping cart version, perhaps an updated version will be in the pipeline.

Thank you Gazza & Mark.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We'll be adding a "Require Immediate Payment" facility to items sold using BuyNow soon.

Gazza
    Excellent, thanks Gazza.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Agree. However, I would prefer a shopping cart format to accomodate multiple purchases. But at least the option is being provided. If it is not in shopping cart version, perhaps an updated version will be in the pipeline.

Thank you Gazza & Mark.
    we don't want anything that will get in the way of buyers making multiple purchases so as to benefit from better value for money shipping costs, as per Ebay, which make shipping cost amendments tricky.

Out if interest were the none payers newly registered users?......................i ask this a i recently had one who was not clear of how to go about using the site, i recall the first occasion that i used ebid and was a little uncertain regarding how to pay and get confirmation of this.
    It's always a good idea to send the none payer a message and see what they say, what we don't wish to do is to permanently put a newly registered user off using Ebid by leaving them a negative....after all....we're working hard to attract new buyers and sellers, so lets be careful not to unduly cause anyone offence due to a misunderstanding and negate the efforts we're all making.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    we don't want anything that will get in the way of buyers making multiple purchases so as to benefit from better value for money shipping costs, as per Ebay, which make shipping cost amendments tricky.

Out if interest were the none payers newly registered users?......................i ask this a i recently had one who was not clear of how to go about using the site, i recall the first occasion that i used ebid and was a little uncertain regarding how to pay and get confirmation of this.
    It's always a good idea to send the none payer a message and see what they say, what we don't wish to do is to permanently put a newly registered user off using Ebid by leaving them a negative....after all....we're working hard to attract new buyers and sellers, so lets be careful not to unduly cause anyone offence due to a misunderstanding and negate the efforts we're all making.
    NPB's should have plenty of opportunity before feedback is left. The reasons for not paying instantly could be genuine. But they should get an invoice, at least 2 payment reminders and probably marked as a non payer before feedback is left, that should be plenty of opportunity to at least respond as I am sure they will not only get the messages on the AOL, but also on their registered email account.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post

There are many things that can get in the way of buyers making multiple purchases, not just a "Immediate payment required".

May I ask specifically what you are talking about?

PS It sounds as though you are questioning me concerning leaving appropriate feedback...........be it positive, neutral, or negative. I certainly hope I am wrong. If not, you are way out of line. My apologies if I have the wrong impression concerning your comments.

View JaBek1's Feedback (+25)
    All-About JaBek1
    View JaBek1's Listings
    Forum Posts

While a shopping cart would probably work quite well with fixed price listings, using it in conjunction with auctions can be problematic. Once a bid is placed on an item being sold at auction it is a commitment to buy at that price if they are the high bidder. While an item placed in a shopping cart may be abandoned by the customer prior to checkout with relatively no harm being done, the winner of an auction has already incurred a legal debt which cannot be so easily abandoned. A bidder that merely abandons the item without paying is actually breaching the contract.

One other issue that causes problems with IPR options on an auction is that the bidder would actually have to be available to pay immediately upon the auction closing since the winner could not be determined until the very end. Of course, Gazza mentioned the option being available only for Buy Now listings, but the use of a shopping cart could still cause problems.

I suppose auctions could simply be eliminated from inclusion in any shopping cart and winners merely invoiced for all their wins on one invoice. However, there could be a problem with buyers misunderstanding that auction wins couldn't merely be added to the cart and paid all at once.
    Last edited by JaBek1; 27th February 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    We'll be adding a "Require Immediate Payment" facility to items sold using BuyNow soon.

Gazza

Will this be opt in or out for sellers?

I have several regular customers who use both buy it now and auction items and prefer to wait for my combined invoice.

I do not want to lose these customers.

It's not eBids fault. I myself have found an unfortunate increase in NPB's. Let us get this in perspective. The NPB's are every where. They are spending too much time on the net screwing hard working people. How much more can be said. Just stay focused. Don't give up because of a few that make the barrel taste nasty.

Thread Information