Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let us try it out!

Default Re: Let us try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    Just do it, sell on both sites.
    Pay the 49.99, you will get it back eventually if you put some effort in.
    I am a power seller, etc, etc. I sell on both sites and I have my own website. If you are not on ebid, you are loosing potential sales however small.
    Are you in business or not?
    It's only £49.99 for 24 hours, and the full price is now £99.99

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    it's only £49.99 for 24 hours, and the full price is now £99.99
    SELLER+ Lifetime is currently available for £49.99 if upgrade takes place within 24 hours of registration OR any other upgrade.
    Last edited by kazeran; 31st July 2013 at 08:33 PM.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

We are a chatty lot on here

Quote Originally Posted by onefinedayUK View Post
    WOW this has been an insane amount of responses for such a short time. Thanks Guys!

I have figured out the pricing, and thanks to all these responses, I've decided to give it a go. For some reason, I was not able to find that monthly was 6.99. What I was looking at was far more than that, it was trying to push me to do the lifetime deal, and then I set up the 'seller 0' account and realized that wasn't available for buy it now. I did see the trial pricing, but there wasn't a 6.99 month one where I looked, it was an entirely different set of pricing for some other type of account, not sure where that came from!

It was just a bit difficult to navigate and confusing as there's a price list here and another one there... I wrote this not just to vent, but also remind ebid that it really could stand a chance against ebay. That was actually a great decision this time, as I discovered there's a whole different side to this site. anyhoo now this makes much more sense. phew...

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad the OP got some good help and found out what to do.

But as I have said many times the whole ebid membership thing is just too complicated, when ebid should be making it easy to join and start selling with Buy it Now and gallery and 5 pics etc etc.

The 24 hour upgrade is just too short (its almost like a game!)

So many people just want to "try ebid" like I did way back.

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    Just do it, sell on both sites.
    Pay the 49.99, you will get it back eventually if you put some effort in.
    I am a power seller, etc, etc. I sell on both sites and I have my own website. If you are not on ebid, you are loosing potential sales however small.
    Are you in business or not?
    Yea, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there. I'm also doing both sites, as well as Amazon, and I'm starting to work on my own website as well. I don't mind paying full price for membership if it turns out to be worth my while over time, but obviously a trial run is necessary first. I gave etsy a shot once, and sold 0 in 6 months (it's just not taken off in the UK like it has in the states), so I'm a bit wary of testing new sites. Amazon has also been a world of hassle.

I think one major thing ebid could do is make this trial system simpler. It was just so confusing with the pricing, and pushing the lifetime thing so much immediately. It would be great if they could simplify things for sellers who just want to try it out. You know, like here is a 1 month trial, here's everything you get with it, here's the price. Instead it's a lot of foraging through various price lists and then discovering that you can't do buy it now on this one, try again.... I really did almost give up!

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

WOW this has been an insane amount of responses for such a short time. Thanks Guys!

I have figured out the pricing, and thanks to all these responses, I've decided to give it a go. For some reason, I was not able to find that monthly was 6.99. What I was looking at was far more than that, it was trying to push me to do the lifetime deal, and then I set up the 'seller 0' account and realized that wasn't available for buy it now. I did see the trial pricing, but there wasn't a 6.99 month one where I looked, it was an entirely different set of pricing for some other type of account, not sure where that came from!

It was just a bit difficult to navigate and confusing as there's a price list here and another one there... I wrote this not just to vent, but also remind ebid that it really could stand a chance against ebay. That was actually a great decision this time, as I discovered there's a whole different side to this site. anyhoo now this makes much more sense. phew...

I too eas wary of eBid to begin with, I have had plenty of moans (as other posters will point out) but now I think the sight is fantastic. OK we are in the summer "dip" at the moment and it is as quiet as the grave even on the bay.

However, for £49.99 Seller+ Lifetime - unlimited listings, 5 free photo's - 5 free shops - 2% FVF - it's a no brainer

http://stampsandcoins1.ebid.net
    http://alansbanknotes.ebid.net
    http://alanspostcards.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Glad the OP got some good help and found out what to do.

But as I have said many times the whole ebid membership thing is just too complicated, when ebid should be making it easy to join and start selling with Buy it Now and gallery and 5 pics etc etc.

The 24 hour upgrade is just too short (its almost like a game!)

So many people just want to "try ebid" like I did way back.
    exactly

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

onefineday

Have a look at Astrals link which you will find below, loads of tips there.
    You will need to give ebid time to work for you, give yourself time to get established, work to self promote yourself & your items.
    The links below is full of advice, with free advertising of your stores on their site thrown in.
    Good luck

eBid Knowledge Base - Answers to eBid users' often asked questions.
    eBid Stores - Free promotion of your eBid Stores

OP there is one thing I would say to give your trial a fair crack of the whip you will need to do a few things to your listings and profile.
    What I did when i decided to list on ebid was I wanted to create a brand so I used the same ID and the same store name with the same type of colour and font on the listings. I also made sure that I gave a full description of my terms and conditions on each of my listings and on my all about me page. The reason I did this was to try and create trust with my potential customer base. If you think about it who would you buy from of the net? Someone who had only a one or two line description or someone who has a full detailed terms and conditions on every listing and whose listings look very professional? The other thing is that I used every benefit that I could use on the ebid platform things like list to every country (can never understand why people only list to their country? the idea of selling on line is to reach more people is it not?)
    Offer every payment option I could eg) paypal, google wallet, pppay cash cheque and postal orders etc. If you only accept paypal then the paypal haters out there are going to pass you by and there are people that hate paypal as much if not more then feebay.
    Make use of the extra photos and make sure you add brand names and barcodes where possible and if your items don't have them then apply for an exemption so that you items go into google searches. 80% of my customers come from google and not from ebid search itself so this is very important.
    I wouldn't list your items as run until sold personally as they will just end up at the bottom or all the searches it would be better to list them as auto re-lists running for 10 days and then reposting 10 times. With this the item will move to the top of searches every time it relists with a new listing ID the items also then appears on the ebid in the newly list and closing listings promotions as well so even more exposure.
    All in all the worst thing you can do is list the items leave them and then come back everyday saying to yourself well they sell this way on ebay so it must be this ebid site that is the problem because it is not the case.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yea, you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there. I'm also doing both sites, as well as Amazon, and I'm starting to work on my own website as well. I don't mind paying full price for membership if it turns out to be worth my while over time, but obviously a trial run is necessary first. I gave etsy a shot once, and sold 0 in 6 months (it's just not taken off in the UK like it has in the states), so I'm a bit wary of testing new sites. Amazon has also been a world of hassle.

I think one major thing ebid could do is make this trial system simpler. It was just so confusing with the pricing, and pushing the lifetime thing so much immediately. It would be great if they could simplify things for sellers who just want to try it out. You know, like here is a 1 month trial, here's everything you get with it, here's the price. Instead it's a lot of foraging through various price lists and then discovering that you can't do buy it now on this one, try again.... I really did almost give up!
    Good on ya
    Take the plunge. You will get your initial outlay back and then anything else is a positive bonus....Good luck.

Thread Information