Thread: Auto Reposts

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Auto Reposts

Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    Suppose It's what ever the person listing is used to isn't it really, what's easy to one isn't for another as they are not used to it, I have also done them one at a time like Paul or 5 at a time as they show up more in the opening and closing adds if they are done in small chunks or ones, but the enthusiasm for that wears off after a page
    Quite right Buttons.

Paul - Spreadsheet???? Shock. Horror! I wouldn't know where to begin doing one of those!

You would not know what to do with it, I tried three times and i am getting an anxiety attack just thinking about the spread sheet thing on ebid, everything was in the wrong place.

View lakeleilani's Feedback (+434)
    All-About lakeleilani
    View lakeleilani's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    I do the same as buttons.

I had stopped doing pintrest because i thought that after relisting the links would n0 longr work but in another thread someone said that the links now tale you to the relisted item
    I haven't found the relisted item when I've clicked on an expired Pinterest listing. I still do mine manually, to check for errors, to change the number of days so that I don't get similar items all bunching up in searches, and to remind me to refresh the item on Pinterest. It is time-consuming, so perhaps I'd be better to renew the auto posts and just refresh a few Pinterest images per day.
    http://lake-leilani.ebid.net Fair Trade Clothes and accessories with a boho twist. For men, women and children.
    http://lake-leilani-occasions.ebid.net Handcrafted Cards and Fair Trade Gift Wrap.
    http://lake-leilani-gifts.ebid.net Fair Trade and Handcrafted gifts, incense and homeware.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    I do the same as buttons.

I had stopped doing pintrest because i thought that after relisting the links would n0 longr work but in another thread someone said that the links now tale you to the relisted item
    Quote Originally Posted by buttons-and-bows View Post
    You would not know what to do with it, I tried three times and i am getting an anxiety attack just thinking about the spread sheet thing on ebid, everything was in the wrong place.
    I didn't know that Penni. (sorry for not replying sooner, I've only just seen your post. I lost my connection for a little while).

Buttons - I'm not even going to start thinking about a spreadsheet for the same reason. The very idea of it! Oh dear no! Then again, Paul is techie so I suppose for him it's easy peasy!

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I didn't know that Penni. (sorry for not replying sooner, I've only just seen your post. I lost my connection for a little while).

Buttons - I'm not even going to start thinking about a spreadsheet for the same reason. The very idea of it! Oh dear no! Then again, Paul is techie so I suppose for him it's easy peasy!

It is not a technical spreadsheet, it is just basically a flat file mirroring the listing order of the ebid listings, the only technical thing it does is generate random start times and running length for new listings.

Very unlike one I had to do for work once, that run over seven different sheets, where required target figures were inputed on the first sheet and it generated the figures each department needed to reach, and as the departments updated their figures, it then had to update the targets.

That one was a nightmare to do.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thread Information