eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else getting PO'd with this !@#!@#!@ bulk upload?

Angry Anyone else getting PO'd with this !@#!@#!@ bulk upload?

This is the FIFTH time that I used it for my books, and even though absolutely NONE of my auctions are free, bulk upload sure thinks they are. It isn't like I have pictures that are on a page that is invalid, they are on my hardrive and I didn't even put it on the spreadsheet in that column.

I saw another post about this which I replied to earlier, but tonight after it not working again... I had to vent.

Thanks

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ah... sounds like this confirms what I've asked in the other thread.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MediaOne View Post
    It isn't like I have pictures that are on a page that is invalid, they are on my hardrive and I didn't even put it on the spreadsheet in that column.
    See the two highlighted sections below:

You cannot reference images on you HD in the spreadsheet.

As Kimbo has already told you; without an image to generate the gallery image from then a Gallery listing cannot be generated and will fall back to a Free listing.

If you want to Bulk Upload and add the images later then use a small placeholder image.

Column F
    Image URL. Do not place a link to a photo on your hard drive here, your photos must already be located on the internet somewhere. Enter the url shown within your My Gallery section of My eBid or a url to any picture on the internet and we will fetch it and upload it for you when we process your auctions. Don't forget Gallery auctions require a photo. Free and Featured auctions do not. Don't worry if the image URL from My Gallery doesn't show the image when placed into a browser address bar, we change the it when uploading. Seller+ are allowed up to 5 free photos, separate by adding ## between URLs.
    Last edited by astral276; 5th June 2009 at 10:51 AM.

why not just make a compatible version like Turbo Lister on FeeBay
    it is free anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Subjazz View Post
    why not just make a compatible version like Turbo Lister on FeeBay
    One IS being worked on as we speak.

By the way, it is traditional to at least acknowledge the help given to you on the threads you start.

I am beginning to hate this bulk uploader Excel spreadsheet with a vengeance.
    2 hours ive been at it.Gave up in the end.
    Cmon Ebid sort something a bit easier out for me and my fellow dumbos so that we can start selling.LOL.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I took one look at the spreadsheet and refused to have anything to do with it. I use the web selling form, along with good use of defaults and templates, and find that listing doesn't take *too* long. Don't let my low numbers fool you, that's just because I spend too much time doing a million other things.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

I use the bulk loader all the time and have no problems at all (well occasionally the odd listing which doesn't upload because ebid has changed the category). I had over 500 auctions that had completed yesterday. I exported them as a .cvs file (using the export listings button- took about 10 seconds) opened the file in excel, updated some of my postage prices ( copy/pasting) added on a couple of items to the spreadsheet- copying the new photo url from my photobucket account, then saved the file. i then went to 'my bulk upload' and uploaded the file. In all i exported, edited, added to and uploaded over 500 auctions in about 15 minutes. so its a huge thumbs up to the bulk uploader from me,

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do think it's much better for working with exported existing stuff than starting from scratch. But did you originally create those 500 in there too? I'm always interested to know if I'm missing a trick.

All my listings are "individually hand-crafted for your delectation and delight"! LOLOL!!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thread Information