Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Just out of interest....

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    What would you consider a reasonable amount of time for an item to arrive after purchase and sending payment?
    Couple of quid postage for a small 100ml bottle of an item.
    Note - am not complaining about the postage - if I thought the overall cost was too high, I wouldnt have purchased.

I send my items out first class mail, the day after payment is received.
    Is it too much to expect similar from other sellers?
    (obviously unless they specify different in a listing)

Any responses will help decide if my expectations of other sellers are too high

I feel the same way Magnets but then I must realize that not every seller bends over backwards and falls over their own feet to get an item out within 1 to possibly 2 days after receiving payment. LOL
    For me I like to know when the seller mails the item out and this way it can give me a pretty good idea as to when an item will arrive in my mailbox or at the door by our charming mailguy. But that's another story because quite a few sellers do not bother conversing with their buyers.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    PMSL....didn't buy the other thing they had for sale in the last YDC did ya

If it is the same seller I won't be recommending them to anyone

I would'nt class myself as a seller (the odd bits and bobs on the other site ) at all, the only selling i ever do here is on the YDC, and normally have a footnote in the descriptions stating that seeing as i am at work during the week that i could only guarantee that the latest the item would be sent out is on saturday following the end of the YDC (or words to that affect), and that if i could do it any earlier then I would.

Luv some of the feedback i got on the other side from peeps tho
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

View smiffy49er's Feedback (+570)
    All-About smiffy49er
    View smiffy49er's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't object to the waiting if I am informed. I usually state I am not waiting for an item.

I do object strongly to being lied to though.

Go on click you know you want to

http://www.justgiving.com/Charyn-Smith

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    I would'nt class myself as a seller (the odd bits and bobs on the other site ) at all, the only selling i ever do here is on the YDC, and normally have a footnote in the descriptions stating that seeing as i am at work during the week that i could only guarantee that the latest the item would be sent out is on saturday following the end of the YDC (or words to that affect), and that if i could do it any earlier then I would.

Luv some of the feedback i got on the other side from peeps tho
    I bet you didn't mark your items as sent and then post them over a week later though

Hmmmmm strange.

I sent another question this morning asking when this had been sent out.

I have just been given a refund for the item.
    No response as to when it was sent, etc etc.

Am not interested in a refund (although I will accept it obviously) - am more interested in the product - I still need to know if this is going to arrive.

Not sure what to make of this now.

All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I bet you didn't mark your items as sent and then post them over a week later though
    actually

dunno if i mark them at all
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Hmmmmm strange.

I sent another question this morning asking when this had been sent out.

I have just been given a refund for the item.
    No response as to when it was sent, etc etc.

Am not interested in a refund (although I will accept it obviously) - am more interested in the product - I still need to know if this is going to arrive.

Not sure what to make of this now.
    It's not going to arrive is it. It looks like they don't have it, and rather than tell you, they've just refunded you. Doesn't look like that seller is too hot on the communication.

I'd go buy another of whatever it is from elsewhere (here or somewhere else) as you've got the refund and you're not going to be out of pocket if it does turn up.

I don't understand people who don't talk to their buyers, I really don't. Yes it's embarrassing, I've just had one, sold a game my daughter asked me to sell for her, only to find that not only did she take it back to Manchester with her, but had it stolen up there and didn't tell me so I could delist it. I've grovelled apologetically and refunded directly I found I couldn't send it, I think I owe it to the buyer to be totally honest and prompt. Hopefully I might avoid the neg, but with the nagmails from eBid, I would guess the chances are that it might still arrive.

There is nothing worse in the online trading world than buying something and then finding that the seller ignores you when it doesn't turn up.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    actually

dunno if i mark them at all
    You'd know if you had....it's in the dropdown menu on the AAL

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    There is nothing worse in the online trading world than buying something and then finding that the seller ignores you when it doesn't turn up.
    IMO There is nothing worse in the online trading world than buying something and the seller doesn't communicate at all.

I think every large company with an ecommerce site that I've ever bought from has sent me an email when the item has been shipped, which is what I would expect. They also let me know if there is an item out of stock, & give the option of delaying the entire order, or sending the rest of the order with the out of stock item sent at a later date.

Yet so many sellers on auction sites, even those that are "powersellers" or listed as business sellers, don't bother to let you know it's been sent, (whoever is running the eBid Store please take note), so you don't have a clue when to expect the item.

As I work nights, it's handy to know when the postman is likely to get me out of bed, because he's delivering a parcel.

I usually post the day after the item has been paid for (excluding weekends), or at the worst the day after that.
    For something that is customised so needs aproval from the buyer, within 2 days of getting aproval. I make sure I state it in my listings.

I never mark as shipped until I've got home from the Post Office, because it isn't before then.
    Last edited by Gothicina; 19th August 2009 at 02:48 PM.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts