My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is the world coming to?

My 'kind of thinking' evaluates evidence and reacts appropriately to that. It does not do a blanket condemnation on the basis of vitriolic right wing newspapers which are well known for stirring up those of an excitable nature.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I have never mentioned anyone being 'strung up'. Those are your words so please don't try and attribute them to me. Though I appreciate that is a well used method of false argument employed by people like you.

I said the parents should be dealt with by the courts. And 'Yes', if the children have behavioural problems that make them a danger to society then the parents should be held responsible if they let them loose unsupervised.
    Excuse me? Just where did you get that quote from?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SalusLibrorum View Post
    My 'kind of thinking' evaluates evidence and reacts appropriately to that. It does not do a blanket condemnation on the basis of vitriolic right wing newspapers which are well known for stirring up those of an excitable nature.
    My views are not based on this single case, although this thread was triggered by that report. This kind of thing is going on every day in all parts of the country. Sadly too many children are dying at the hands of other children. Until someone takes responsibly and starts giving these feral children boundaries (as good parents do to their children) and the apologists stop making excuses for them then things will only get worse.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Excuse me? Just where did you get that quote from?
    From your post which you deleted - but not before I responded to it.

I suppose now we must expect denials and claims of fabrication.

Don't be ridiculous.

Yes it was a deleted post, but I literally hit the submit button and then deleted it, it must have been there for all of two seconds before you jumped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    My views are not based on this single case, although this thread was triggered by that report. This kind of thing is going on every day in all parts of the country. Sadly too many children are dying at the hands of other children. Until someone takes responsibly and starts giving these feral children boundaries (as good parents do to their children) and the apologists stop making excuses for them then things will only get worse.
    So how many feral children do you know, that you don't know about because of being wound up by newspapers?

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Well I am glad you didn't deny writing it as my cache still held a copy of the page.

You can't have been that quick in deleting it as the forum software errors out if you try to submit a response to post that has been deleted. So it must have existed long enough for me to see it, read it, quote it, compose a response, correct all my usual spelling errors and typos and then post it.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

So how many feral children do you know, that you don't know about because of being wound up by newspapers?
    That sentence didn't make sense.

Difficult to blame the parents only... (not giving excuses) the kids might have watch a movie where the same thing was done to someone... and it was presented as a "funny/good prank"?

TV can show horrrible things, both in movies (fake stuff) and even on the news (real stuff)... and viewers (adults and children) get accustomed and a sort of numbness settles in as a deja vu.

Wars, blown up soldiers, fighting, bleeding, body parts, accidents, torn buildings, demonstrators hit by cops, dying children in Third World countries, abused animals, floating corpses in Louisiana floods, Tsunami victims ...etc etc etc. The news saturates us with violence.

Parenting is not enough... teachers, media, peers, neighbors, internet, tv, video games... all outside influence can better or worsen the best kids no matter how hard you wish you could monitor their every step in life.

To put away these little 10 years old monsters is not good enough. It is a solution, but is it the remedy? They should have known this was a bad thing to do, why didn't they know?

When you check out criminals, serial killers, sociopaths, terrorists... and other "unfit social elements"... some had bad parents and some had good parents.

How do you guarantee the choice of good versus bad in a child, a teenager, or an adult?

The solution is out there... somewhere.

Leslie

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crochetdoilies View Post
    TV can show horrrible things, both in movies (fake stuff) and even on the news (real stuff)... and viewers (adults and children) get accustomed and a sort of numbness settles in as a deja vu.
    I'm afraid that argument doesn't wash. My generation were disciplined as children both at home and at school (also clipped round the ear by neighbours and police). It never did me <twitch> any <twitch> harm <twitch>. We also watched the like of Tom and Jerry but didn't go around decapitating people, setting them on fire or dropping a bowling ball on their heads from 50 feet. We ran around with cap guns - not real guns. We had bows and arrows made out of garden canes and string - not knives.

If the parents give their children boundaries and moral values then it doesn't matter what they watch on TV; they are able to tell the difference between what they see on TV and real life. Even if the two should cross over the values they have been given prevent them from copying what they have seen because they have an understanding of what is right and what is wrong.

Thread Information