Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: item no longer available

Default item no longer available

I placed a bid on an item which has a few days to run, the seller who has never sold any thing on ebid emailed me to say that she no longer has the item, how do we proceed ?.

well.... Technically once you have placed a bid both parties have entered a contract therefore she is in the wrong... unless she stated she was selling the item else where.... because there is a bid on the item she will have difficulty ending the listing (unless she knows how to) so the item should run til the end... at which point you can either forget about it or if you so wish give her a neg for non performance and/or report her to ebid.

it is really up to you how you proceed.

Thanks for the quick reply. I don`t want to neg her or report her because I should have emailed her first . I just wanted to know how we could sort it out with out tears.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2954)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aquasee View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I don`t want to neg her or report her because I should have emailed her first . I just wanted to know how we could sort it out with out tears.
    No, you really didn't have to email her first. The item was on an auction and it is the seller's responsibility to take care of their auctions and items they have for sale. There are too many on ebid that have dumped items on here and left, never to return. Also there are some sellers that list the same item on multiple sites and if it sells on another site, they don't bother to remove it. This looks bad for ebid and you definitely should report them.

Its risky to list one thing on many spots, and hard to keep track of it. I list only once, whether on my website or on ebid, and if I decide to sell locally, pull it out of auction immediately. If you forget, look what happens!!

You only have to attempt to contact a seller before bidding if it appears the stuff is abandoned. If seller is alert, you would never have to send out an email first.. So no blame on you about this situation, seller took the risk and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    No, you really didn't have to email her first. The item was on an auction and it is the seller's responsibility to take care of their auctions and items they have for sale. There are too many on ebid that have dumped items on here and left, never to return.
    Yup. Tomorrow afternoon, Paypal will refund the money I paid for my first, pseudo-purchase. Needless to say, they have not received a response from this "seller" either, but--can you believe it?--he still has 43 items listed. What's wrong with this picture?

Hi, thanks for your replies. Yes I see your point, non-existent auctions cause inconvenience and hold up your money if you have paid .43 items ,that`s a lot, and, of cause, no other bidder knows that they are dead auctions.Similar to this seller. So that`s 2 lots of auctions all ready!!. How many more I wonder?.

non-existent auctions cause inconvenience and hold up your money if you have paid .43 items ,that`s a lot, and, of cause, no other bidder knows that they are dead auctions.Similar to this seller. So that`s 2 lots of auctions all ready!!. How many more I wonder?.

eBid are aware of the problem of 'abandoned' auctions and usually respond to reports. It is a great pity that some are only discovered when people have used an online payment method and then don't receive the goods. That said, the majority of sellers here take their responsibilities seriously and many transactions go through seamlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by bluefincircle View Post
    non-existent auctions cause inconvenience and hold up your money if you have paid .43 items ,that`s a lot, and, of cause, no other bidder knows that they are dead auctions.Similar to this seller. So that`s 2 lots of auctions all ready!!. How many more I wonder?.

eBid are aware of the problem of 'abandoned' auctions and usually respond to reports. It is a great pity that some are only discovered when people have used an online payment method and then don't receive the goods. That said, the majority of sellers here take their responsibilities seriously and many transactions go through seamlessly.
    I got my money back. I'm much more concerned as a seller that new buyers will run into this problem and take off like jack rabbits, never to be heard from again. I reported one of this person's auctions and explained the problem. Nothing. And I do have better things to do than ask questions on 43 auctions just to get them pulled. This is something admin should be dealing with.

Ditto items in very wrong categories. I browsed the Ethnic Jewelry catagory and found a couple pages of books!

A little common sense would go a long way. If I had no response from a seller in three weeks, wouldn't it be safe to assume all his listings have been abandoned?

Angry Another No Show

I just started here on ebid and I believe I have already found a seller like this. I have asked them a question numerous times and they never respond. It shows they have been a member for a year and a half, but no feedback. This one has 2374 items listed on "Run Until Sold".
    Very annoying!!
    I wonder how many people have been through what you all are going through with this seller.

Starting to think that the "Run Until Sold" thing is not a good way to go. Just my opinion though.

Thread Information