My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Gazza: Are you there?

Default Gazza: Are you there?

Hi - we are all just trying to get some help which isn't forthcoming - can you work some magic please for those of us who just can't list anything because we have no description bit on our listings just a blank space. Nothing has changed on my computer and I was listing a few days ago - but now nothing so it must be your end. Please please can you help us so we can list somthing?

Quote Originally Posted by morebookbargains View Post
    Hi - we are all just trying to get some help which isn't forthcoming - can you work some magic please for those of us who just can't list anything because we have no description bit on our listings just a blank space. Nothing has changed on my computer and I was listing a few days ago - but now nothing so it must be your end. Please please can you help us so we can list somthing?
    Have you read ArtisanUK post from this morning and Mark posted on that thread yesterday as well. Could yours be a javascript error as well.

http://meetup.ebid.net/showpost.php?...8&postcount=30
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

tech support told me yesterday that they are stopping wysiwyg description editor and I am to use one of the others, but as I said to them none of them are working for me - I just have a blank space. So it seems it is nothing to do with what any of us are running etc, the problems has arrisen because the powers that be are doing away with wysiwyg but have wipped out all of the options.

All sorted now - thank you!!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morebookbargains View Post
    tech support told me yesterday that they are stopping wysiwyg description editor and I am to use one of the others, but as I said to them none of them are working for me - I just have a blank space. So it seems it is nothing to do with what any of us are running etc, the problems has arrisen because the powers that be are doing away with wysiwyg but have wipped out all of the options.
    Sorry, but that's a bit confusing... you are saying they're *going* to remove an option, but have *in advance* stopped it working properly? That doesn't seem to make much sense! Are you sure it's not that they're going to remove it *because* it doesn't work properly?

I was never sure what the point of the simple WYSIWYG was anyway! You've got advanced WYSIWYG that does everything, and html that does nothing: anything in the middle that doesn't do either entirely seems pointless.

Not that it helps you if nothing's working for you. On the advanced WYSIWYG have you tried clicking on the full-screen icon to see if that works better?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

The simple WYSIWYG is really there for users who are a little bewildered by all the buttons of the advanced editor.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's a lovely idea, but I fear that those who are bewildered by the advanced option, remain fundamentally confused by the simpler version, and just come here and spread their befuddlement about.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

The default editor is the simple version and is used by the majority of our users, the option to move up to the advanced version is there if needed, giving the seller the option is better than putting limits in place we find.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Fairy Nuff.

Thread Information