Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chat Room maybe

Forum Lurker
    View bedel's Feedback (+8783)
    All-About bedel
    View bedel's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Chat Room maybe

Would it be possible to put a chat room on the there always seems to be discussion going on but just using the forums can get the conversatin a little disjointed . sorry if this has been up before / duplicate thread . just an idea

Must admit I love the way the Threads meander from subject to subject - but it is never ever my fault - I get led astray
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Me neither. I am always perfectly focused. Must be someone else. Should we name names?

Trouble with chat rooms is how fast chats move along. hard to jump in, hard to time it just right to get someone to talk to. I don't think we have much delay here, maybe a minute or two or it ain't so bad. I think with chat room we would have far less participating because of the time difference.

Quote Originally Posted by bedel View Post
    Would it be possible to put a chat room on the there always seems to be discussion going on but just using the forums can get the conversatin a little disjointed . sorry if this has been up before / duplicate thread . just an idea

A chat room would be ideal if you've got loads of time to stay engaged in chat with someone, and you have people that wish to engage in conversation with you - conversations with chat rooms can start of with with one topic and change 5 or 6 times within short space of time, and can be difficult for people to come into the conversation.

The benefit of the threads is that each thread will start of with one topic, and whilst it does meander into a different direction roughly based on the original topic, a lot can be gleaned from that meandering. Also, the great thing about threads is that the conversation can be carried out over a period of days rather than hours, with perhaps a new reply added several hours after the conversation has begun.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Me neither. I am always perfectly focused. Must be someone else. Should we name names?

Trouble with chat rooms is how fast chats move along. hard to jump in, hard to time it just right to get someone to talk to. I don't think we have much delay here, maybe a minute or two or it ain't so bad. I think with chat room we would have far less participating because of the time difference.
    Not only that, but, imagine all the chatters in there with several topics going on. What a mess that would be.

Forums are great as you have the option of participating on particular topics/threads.

x

I blame an "attractive" fellow, naming no names - hey wot do you think Magnets?
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

I much prefer threads to chat rooms. I can log off, come back the next day and see what's happened, skip it for a day or two if I'm busy. With a chat room, I'd have to stay there to participate in the conversation.

This is the reason I prefer emails to telephone conversations. My friends and I have solved the world's problems with emails, and hardly ever phone each other.

Disjointed conversations constantly occur even during face to face moments. LOL
    Can't think of too many moments where the conversation stayed on the straight and narrow path.

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I blame an "attractive" fellow, naming no names - hey wot do you think Magnets?

Magnets seems to be stuck somewhere else.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rubysafira View Post
    Magnets seems to be stuck somewhere else.
    Do you think he is stuck to a fridge???

Thread Information