Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help on selling?

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Jigsaw puzzles are slow selling items

Generally supply exceeds demand
    Agree and few will shop in a store with only one kind of item.

Off subject, what is on your shoulder there? Kind of scary, I am hoping its a dog or cat and not a raccoon or big foot baby!

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomSeer View Post
    I have not sold anything yet. I am set up thru Pay Pal? I believe that it will show the buyer the incoice amount and the shipping. I believe that I have also have it fixed to show how much the shipping cost to your zip code in the US It will also show Only sales tax 6% for South Carolina. I sell to serveral Internationational Country and their Shipping is also calculated they will know what it is for the item to ship to their Country.
    I have alots a people viewing but no buyers. Am I do something wrong?
    I also do next business day shipping as well. I only use USPS for all shipping.. I guess I just wait till buyer wants to buyer I offer puzzles mostly and other items.
    Thanks
    A few things. Make sure everything is polished and perfect. Your about me has spelling mistakes. No auctions show so can't say why they do not sell. As said, don't stock just one item, stock lots of stuff, books, puzzles, etc.

Make sure it shows up on google searches (buy it now, and ten automatic relists). Fair prices for items, fair prices for shipping. Look at the international rates and make a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubysafira View Post
    LOL

It's a kitty.
    Thank goodness. Had me a bit worried!

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    The items might have come to end of their auto-repost cycle and they just haven't relisted them yet.

As for the high shipping to the UK, unfortunately that's the price for priority mail out of the U.S. Nothing we sellers can do about it.
    But there are choices, up to 4 pounds it can go airmail first class international, as Tony says, costs like $7 versus $50. Only difference between airmail and priority/express is that seller gets proof that is acceptable by PP. Great for very expensive items. Good choice for $5-10 ones??? I don't think so. Is seller trying not to sell anything overseas?

Its the old chestnut, is seller protected chosing cheap rate? No. But worst case, she mails a $5 puzzle to UK for $7 and it gets lost. Buyer opens PP case and two choices are available to seller. 1. prove it was mailed (priority/express only, cost would have been $50 to mail) if you can't money is taken back OR 2. just pay the buyer $12. Case closed (closing within a second of paying refund). On cheap items, in order to get the business, why not pick the cheap shipping rate and take a risk that one in 500 or 1000 will get lost.

We are so afraid of PP complaints that we forget that it is simple to close one. Pay a refund. We are talking $10 here. On $200 items you bet I use a method that protects me. But not for a $5 -20 item.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    But there are choices, up to 4 pounds it can go airmail first class international, as Tony says, costs like $7 versus $50. Only difference between airmail and priority/express is that seller gets proof that is acceptable by PP. Great for very expensive items. Good choice for $5-10 ones??? I don't think so. Is seller trying not to sell anything overseas?

Its the old chestnut, is seller protected chosing cheap rate? No. But worst case, she mails a $5 puzzle to UK for $7 and it gets lost. Buyer opens PP case and two choices are available to seller. 1. prove it was mailed (priority/express only, cost would have been $50 to mail) if you can't money is taken back OR 2. just pay the buyer $12. Case closed (closing within a second of paying refund). On cheap items, in order to get the business, why not pick the cheap shipping rate and take a risk that one in 500 or 1000 will get lost.

We are so afraid of PP complaints that we forget that it is simple to close one. Pay a refund. We are talking $10 here. On $200 items you bet I use a method that protects me. But not for a $5 -20 item.
    You have your way, others have theirs. I state in my listings that if international buyers want first class shipping I'll be happy to accommodate them if they pay via money order or cash. Otherwise if paying via PP, item will only ship priority.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    You have your way, others have theirs. I state in my listings that if international buyers want first class shipping I'll be happy to accommodate them if they pay via money order or cash. Otherwise if paying via PP, item will only ship priority.
    But you can't accept a check or money order and cash it in international funds so you are cutting off a good part of your international business. If they see a $10 item, they will not pay you $25 to ship it. Business lost.

I would rather have that business, charge them a fair rate and take my chances that it will not be lost in the mail. In fact, I have not had a lost package in a few years now and 25% of my business is international.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    But you can't accept a check or money order and cash it in international funds so you are cutting off a good part of your international business. If they see a $10 item, they will not pay you $25 to ship it. Business lost.

I would rather have that business, charge them a fair rate and take my chances that it will not be lost in the mail. In fact, I have not had a lost package in a few years now and 25% of my business is international.
    I don't accept checks, just international money orders or cash in US funds, as stated in my listings. Works quite well. Never had a problem. Each seller has their own way of doing business. Yours works for you, mine works for me.

Thread Information