Forum Lurker
    Browns Summit, North Carolina, United States
    View pawtasticpet's Feedback (+262)
    All-About pawtasticpet
    View pawtasticpet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy Buyers not paying??

Hi all,

This is getting very discouraging! The last few sells I had resulted in no actual sales.

One was an auction for a clearly marked sized 4x12 item priced at $1.29 ea, buyer bought 2. I sent an email asking what shipping method so I can combine ship cost. A few days later, buyer responds with "I don't want them, I thought I was getting a quantity of 12 each" (at $1.29??). I responded that they were sold as each, not a pack of 12. He responds several days later with "I don't want them". So I left him neutral feedback and an unpaid strike so I can get my fee back. He sends me a nasty email cussing at me and leaves me negative feedback.

Then, I sell another item with 2 available, sent an email asking what shipping/payment method... Buyer responds that they want *5* and ground shipping. So I order 3 more in so I can fill her order, send her an email back, and send a PayPal invoice with 5 of the items and $5 shipping (5 weigh over a pound). No response. I send her a payment reminder via PayPal and EBid, no response. I emailed her asking if she had received the PayPal invoice. No response... I'm giving her another week and then will have to decide what to do, and I'm stuck with 3 more items, argh!

I am so frustrated... Is this common for people to bid and not pay? Or am I just having a run of bad luck?

All-About unwanted
    View unwanted's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thumbs down Buyers noty paying

I am sorry you are going through this. People who bid, win, then no - show should be held accountable in some form or fashion. The same thing happened to me this week. In fact, I sent her an email today telling her I am canceling her buy because she refuses to communicate with me. This is sening her two invoices then calling to ask if everything was to her satisfaction. Still, nothing. Mean while, at another site that is well known I am seeling the heck out of the product and now need her I wasn't as kind as you. I gave her a negative. All she had to do was get in touch, even by email, tell me what;d happening and if the sale is happening and we'll go from the. This is a hot selling item buty if it had not been I could have ended up very disappointed. None of my other stuff are gerring any bites. I sell very nice designer jeans art a fair way below market and still nothing. Then I went to look at my stuff on line. I could not fin it and I do believe it isn't even up there. Most likely I will pull my stuff/delete everything tonight. In my opinion, if this site is truly #2 in rankings then what does that say about. Plus I would bet they are not ahead of Amazon. I'll wrap with a)I had way better luck selling on craigslist than I have have had here and b) I am off this site in the nest few day. It's bogus

Julie, Sorry to hear you are having such problems. I've had a few non-payers but not recently. Change your feedback to a negative so others will know buyer was a no pay. Let ebid support know what's going on [link below] and see if they can do anything about the negative left for you. You did your part, buyer did not. Hope this helps.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would just like to defend eBid here

I do not think this site is worse than any others for non-payers, better in fact because at least we can leave neg feedback and then if they do it more than 3 times they get banned from eBid (not sure that's the right amount quoted)
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Forum Lurker
    Browns Summit, North Carolina, United States
    View pawtasticpet's Feedback (+262)
    All-About pawtasticpet
    View pawtasticpet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies! I know this happens on any auction site so I'm not blaming EBid.

Both of the "buyers" had 0 feedback so I wasn't surprised, but rather disappointed. The first buyer now has a strike through his name. I think he left.

Some of my items are priced pretty close to what I paid, as they are items that I've had and I really just want them to find homes, LOL! So I was a little irked that the 2nd "buyer" wanted 3 more, and I'm pretty sure she thought she would only pay a few dollars in shipping (auction showed ship cost for 2 packs which was First Class).

Just wondering if this is how it's going to be. Lots of views, few bids, and when they do, no sale. I was going to list a lot more at regular/low pricing but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort anymore.

Julie, I have had sales by listing my items on Craig's List and within the CL listing putting a link to my ebid store. Also, if I sell an item elsewhere [guess, lol] I let them know about my ebid store where my prices are lower. I also put a flyer/note in all my packages I ship with details on my ebid stores. Hope this helps and don't give up. As more variety is offered on ebid, I truly believe the sales will come. Just remember ebid has not been in the U.S. but a few years, so it takes 'getting the news out'.

I just wish someone was selling daylilies here. I searched and searched but alas none to be found. Perhaps next year's growing season.

View foxescome's Feedback (+2076)
    All-About foxescome
    View foxescome's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Thanks for the replies! I know this happens on any auction site so I'm not blaming EB

No I know you weren't
    Irene

For Everything a Girl Could Want
    Skincare, Perfumes, Purses & Handbags.

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Reeniay-Girls

I

Hi ;
    I have had 4 sales and 2 are NPB.The most disturbing is a seller here who bid on 5 items ended 3/27.Sent invoice.No response.2nd in voice,Responded she would pay with PP.Did not pay.In the meantime she bid on 8 more of my auctions (13 total)So thinking she wanted to wait and combine,I did.Still no response.She has pulled all her own auctions After the first order,and looks like she has closed shop.Will she be allowed to leave feedback?? Can I state her selling name in feedback??Been selling on line for 13 years and have had a few non payers,but never a seller. Thanks for listening. Marilyn
    I am going to send invoice one more time.

Quote Originally Posted by gemsgaloreandmore View Post
    Hi ;
    I have had 4 sales and 2 are NPB.The most disturbing is a seller here who bid on 5 items ended 3/27.Sent invoice.No response.2nd in voice,Responded she would pay with PP.Did not pay.In the meantime she bid on 8 more of my auctions (13 total)So thinking she wanted to wait and combine,I did.Still no response.She has pulled all her own auctions After the first order,and looks like she has closed shop.Will she be allowed to leave feedback?? Can I state her selling name in feedback??Been selling on line for 13 years and have had a few non payers,but never a seller. Thanks for listening. Marilyn
    I am going to send invoice one more time.
    Yes, follow the procedure, you have to notify them, I think 3 times thru the system. Then give her the negatives, then turn her in to ebid. That might get her account frozen. She can leave feedback but is a non payer and the feedback will be promptly removed. Hurray for being on ebid, they often remove those negatives in a few hours!! Also return all the items to your stock and you can ask ebid to return your fees too.

Sounds like she had a problem come up (health?), or went on vacation or something. Did you try her email address too. It is on the listings she bought.

Sorry that happened. Would have been a nice sale if she had followed thru on it.

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Julie, I have had sales by listing my items on Craig's List and within the CL listing putting a link to my ebid store. Also, if I sell an item elsewhere [guess, lol] I let them know about my ebid store where my prices are lower. I also put a flyer/note in all my packages I ship with details on my ebid stores. Hope this helps and don't give up. As more variety is offered on ebid, I truly believe the sales will come. Just remember ebid has not been in the U.S. but a few years, so it takes 'getting the news out'.

I just wish someone was selling daylilies here. I searched and searched but alas none to be found. Perhaps next year's growing season.
    Daylily sales start here around Memorial Day, after danger of frost is over (laugh and rub it in Florida lady!!). Of course in Florida you can buy outdoor plants year round. Do you think they might be available in May by you when ours are? We get the gallon and 2 gallon sizes all summer. Maybe there is a nursery somewhere?

Thread Information