Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Additions to FAQ Pages

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaneSevilla View Post
    Hi, all I need to know is how or where do I change the language displayed on my site...I live in Spain and all my pages are coming up in spanish now, I would prefer them in English.my spanish is muy limitado..Thanks.
    As Kimbo states...you cannot choose the language eBid is displayed to you in. That facility has been requested to be incorporated but I don't know if there are any plans by eBid to do so.

If you have the Google Toolbar installed on your browser then right-click the page and there should be an option to translate the page into another language (it may be hidden under a sub-menu e.g. Page Info on Firefox).

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Skype Button, CSV Export & Business Seller 'Badge'

I am running down my shop on eBay which has been very successful over the last 6 months. I also have two web shops (Zen Cart & Virtuemart) but 99% of my sales came from eBay.

Because I sell expensive items, people like to know I am there and like to speak to me before a sale, I have used Skype on eBay which has increased my sales, along with 'Best Offer'.

I am here to give full support to eBid to compete with eBay, but sellers must be able to use all the tricks in the book to increase eBid's presence on the Web.

We need a CSV export to put into shopping directories, Google Base is a start but we can saturate other sites with a CSV file. I am using your RSS feed already on Facebook & Myspace.

I would like to use Skype in my listings, I have no intention of selling off site, as Skype is free, you could always randomly check sellers by doing a call offering to buy off site, the seller would be foolish to break the rules.

I hate eBay's oppressiveness and the fees of course, I feel eBid's attitude towards 'freedom' is more like the old eBay. I always abide by Trading Standards Laws and welcome a 'Seller Security' Badge for those sellers that sign up to it. I understand that business sellers have to abide by those rules, but it would be good to have a badge, like the eBay shield, to reassure buyers.

Paypal is now extending their 'Buyer Protection' to sales 'off eBay', so their buyer protection now extends to eBid, should there not be a notice to reflect this? I know Paypal is 'The Dark Side' but everyone is using it now.

Mark
    Last edited by awgydawg1313; 14th April 2010 at 12:18 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View buzzy1010's Feedback (+2)
    All-About buzzy1010
    View buzzy1010's Listings
    Forum Posts

A suggestion I have, is something the allows you to cancel an order. I accidentally bought 2 of the same item. I've been searching for an hour trying to find a way of cancelling the order. Please help!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buzzy1010 View Post
    A suggestion I have, is something the allows you to cancel an order. I accidentally bought 2 of the same item. I've been searching for an hour trying to find a way of cancelling the order. Please help!!!!!!!
    Just contact seller and explain situation. I'm sure they'll work with you.

Default Cancel an order

I have a buyer who made a multiple purchase by mistake, is there any way I can just cancel the transaction, I have tried to resend the invoice two or three times but I still get the message I cannot report them as a non payer, I don't really want to "report" them just cancel the transaction the buyer has explained what's happened and I am more than happy to just cancel the whole sale.
    Dottysdesigns

Quote Originally Posted by dottysdesigns View Post
    I have a buyer who made a multiple purchase by mistake, is there any way I can just cancel the transaction, I have tried to resend the invoice two or three times but I still get the message I cannot report them as a non payer, I don't really want to "report" them just cancel the transaction the buyer has explained what's happened and I am more than happy to just cancel the whole sale.
    Dottysdesigns

Contact ebid support. Link below my signature.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You cannot just cancel a sale. That would be open to all sorts of abuse.

If there are no eBid fees involved, or you are not bothered about recouping any eBid fees, then just bill and process for the one item.

I remain baffled how people buy by mistake though.

Forum Newbie
    View davebo42's Feedback (+2)
    All-About davebo42
    View davebo42's Listings
    Forum Posts

HI, iam new here on ebid. i noticed on search results when my auctions come up there is no picture of my item now. but, after you click on my auction and go to my auction page you see all my pictures. why is the picture of my item not showen? i tried edit auction i just see how to add more pics. how do i get my pics to show on auction results? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by davebo42 View Post
    HI, iam new here on ebid. i noticed on search results when my auctions come up there is no picture of my item now. but, after you click on my auction and go to my auction page you see all my pictures. why is the picture of my item not showen? i tried edit auction i just see how to add more pics. how do i get my pics to show on auction results? thanks.
    Which option did you choose when listing it? Was it Free or platinum?

Forum Newbie
    View davebo42's Feedback (+2)
    All-About davebo42
    View davebo42's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have a seller+ account. i went back and clicked on EDIT LISTING and seen i had gallary ticked , but i ticked it again and then clicked save changes. it fixed my problem i now see a thumbnail . but, it did say 2% final value fee. as an seller+ i am not suppose to be charged that right? thanks!

Thread Information