eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is ebid set to become the new & improved ebay (Called ebid)?

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh dont start me off, I had a message from greedbay apparently buyers are complaining about delivery & lack of communication from me.

This is what I do when I post an item.

Soon as buyer pays.

1, I contact buyer via greedbay mesage system, advise tracking number & when posted.
    2, I leave tracking number on the ebay sold section, buyer can see this in their greedbay purchased section.
    3, I go to peepal and add tracking info on there, buyer recieves email and notified.
    4, I go to my emails respond to the email from peepal and advise seller when item is to be posted & tracking number

What more can I do for goodness sake, it not only rains in my life but I get hail stones too....

They have now limited me and my stuff will be seen but wont show up on most buyers pages,,,,,

View CrazyJay's Feedback (+149)
    All-About CrazyJay
    View CrazyJay's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cocksparrer View Post

They have now limited me and my stuff will be seen but wont show up on most buyers pages,,,,,

Yep - It's their way of saying," we still want your money, so don't go lisitng your stuff anywhere else. BUT, we don't want to give you anything for the money you spend."

Much, much better here where your listings show just as much if you are only listing a few items, as if you are listing loads. they have an equal chance as everybody elses to appear on other pages, and they will display on Google shopping withouth having to pay extra or jump through hoops.

For those who aren't fussy about filtering what I sell - Take a look at ALL my stuff above. - But for more specific listings, take a peek in the stores below.

TOY-PALLOI - For all sorts of traditional playthings!

THE PAPERBOYS PLEASURE - For Books & Magazines

OUT ON THE FLOOR - For Records - (mainly 1950's - 60's)

VIEWPOINT - Photographic Equipment

THE SCRAPYARD - Spare parts for old cars and bikes

Quote Originally Posted by Cocksparrer View Post
    Oh dont start me off, I had a message from greedbay apparently buyers are complaining about delivery & lack of communication from me.

This is what I do when I post an item.

Soon as buyer pays.

1, I contact buyer via greedbay mesage system, advise tracking number & when posted.
    2, I leave tracking number on the ebay sold section, buyer can see this in their greedbay purchased section.
    3, I go to peepal and add tracking info on there, buyer recieves email and notified.
    4, I go to my emails respond to the email from peepal and advise seller when item is to be posted & tracking number

What more can I do for goodness sake, it not only rains in my life but I get hail stones too....

The old saying that fits this situation is, "don't p-- on me and tell me its rain". You did not provide BAD service, you provided good service.

What a spoiled bunch of losers. You contact, you contact, you do EVERYTHING in a timely way and, opps, it is not good enough. They should have stopped that nonsense a long time ago.

There any complaint that is not non receipt (slow service, no communication), feebay uses no common sense, just sides w/ buyer. Your negs stay. You get negs for giving perfect service. Here you provide info (i.e. delivery date, PO estimated mail delivery time) and ebid goes to bat for you. Good to have someone in our corner when those babies start stamping their feet.

You deserve a pat on the back for good service.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJay View Post
    Yep - It's their way of saying," we still want your money, so don't go lisitng your stuff anywhere else. BUT, we don't want to give you anything for the money you spend."

Much, much better here where your listings show just as much if you are only listing a few items, as if you are listing loads. they have an equal chance as everybody elses to appear on other pages, and they will display on Google shopping withouth having to pay extra or jump through hoops.

Jay, you hit the nail right on the head. Its discrimination. Like a store where some people get their stuff displayed in priviledged positions on the shelves, and others get the stuff thrown in the waste bin. Or store tells some sellers, "today we put your greeting cards in the meat case, what are you going to do about it?".

Yet they both have contract with store that they can sell their things there.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

So why do any of you bother with the otherside, sure there are plenty of other sites to list your stuff.

just stay away from it then you wont have nowt to moan about.

me I use the place quite a lot, and get bored with all this moaning about them
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    So why do any of you bother with the otherside, sure there are plenty of other sites to list your stuff.

just stay away from it then you wont have nowt to moan about.

me I use the place quite a lot, and get bored with all this moaning about them
    We are still there because it's an option.We have a right to moan due to their underhand tactics in taking our money and yet at the same time restricting our opportunities in favour of big biz.

Having said that its still an option albeit one that is losing its attraction more and more as each day passes.

It's not due to incompetance or bad management. It's a calculated stratagy ebay are using to try and move away from the 'auction' biz to the 'high street' biz. (There are many on the high street who see things different) eg: GM?

They need the small sellers revenue right 'now' - but if and when they achieve their aims they'll drop small sellers like a hot potato!

My attitude is 'Sod em' I'll use em on my terms!
    Any terms they impose that restricts me too much I avoid untill I get another opportunity to put my wares in front of a massive audience.

As ebid is the only viable and sensible alternitive to ebay I hope it prospers. I also hope it learns from what happens to the bay in the future... I predict it will crash within five years. It is already well on the slide. I can almost feel the financial vultures ready to swoop on their dying corpse.

View cailesm's Feedback (+1053)
    All-About cailesm
    View cailesm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hypn0t0ad View Post
    Why are people concerned about what eBay are doing if they no longer sell on there?

It's great if eBid works out to be a better selling venue for some but I really don't understand the animosity. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of sellers on here would have started off on eBay anyway so they have a lot to thank them for - yes?
    No, we have nothing to thank "them" for. Any thanks we may have owed them for the good times before it all went downhill have been more than paid for in extortionate fees.

The reason people here are concerned about what happens there is because it drives more people over here.

We've sold some "scruffy" things and the buyers were delighted to find them.

The one I remember most is a WWI gas mask that had been sitting in the garage for over 80 years. My daughter cleaned it up as much as possible, took very clear pictures, described the condition carefully, and sold it for almost $50. The buyer left feedback that it was in better condition than he expected. How many of these are still around, compared to the number of people who collect WWI items?

Something that's old and rare has value, even if the condition is not wonderful. "Scruffy" is a perfectly acceptable English word that sometimes describes an item very well. It is not a synonym for "worthless."

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    We've sold some "scruffy" things and the buyers were delighted to find them.

The one I remember most is a WWI gas mask that had been sitting in the garage for over 80 years. My daughter cleaned it up as much as possible, took very clear pictures, described the condition carefully, and sold it for almost $50. The buyer left feedback that it was in better condition than he expected. How many of these are still around, compared to the number of people who collect WWI items?

Something that's old and rare has value, even if the condition is not wonderful. "Scruffy" is a perfectly acceptable English word that sometimes describes an item very well. It is not a synonym for "worthless."
    Long live the scruffies!
    I'm included!

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
    I doubt it, they skiffle free speech...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMeDmV0ufU

Skiffle? Are you allowed to say that instead of stifle?

Thread Information