eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: worried about large order, any suggestions please?

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyHabitat View Post
    Thank you all for your help, it is not a mega bucks order, but large c onsidering the type of item. i have shipped larger orders around the world whilst on the dark side, its just that its the same item, and they have been ebid members for a few hours. contacting customer support is a good idea methinks...thank you. i will wait to make my decision, and keep you all informed....WATCH THIS SPACE
    If they found you through Google they may have just signed up to buy from you. Most of my customers now have 0 feedback and had not heard of Ebid before finding it on Google. If it is a large order I would use insurance or proof of delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by oaktreesports View Post
    If they found you through Google they may have just signed up to buy from you. Most of my customers now have 0 feedback and had not heard of Ebid before finding it on Google. If it is a large order I would use insurance or proof of delivery.

EXACTLY. Nothing wrong with those two buyers with money in hand other than they came in on google with no feedback!

Ebid is growing, we are going to see this more and more. Are we going to keep turning buyers away out of fear?

Every seller has to learn to deal with a bigger buyer now. Figure out precautions, or tell them no and let other sellers take the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Am I correct in reading this properly. Are you advising sellers to lie to buyers. How long do they wait before sending? What if the buyer is honest?

Do you want honest buyers to start getting worried and think they have been conned when the item you said was posted takes a long time to arrive.

No Tony, I did not say that. I said be careful and take precautions OF YOUR CHOICE with unknown buyers who buy expensive things.

I did not say subject your regular buyers or people spending $20 to ALL of the methods of taking precautions that members have suggested. It was just a suggestion list.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    No Tony, I did not say that. I said be careful and take precautions OF YOUR CHOICE with unknown buyers who buy expensive things.

I did not say subject your regular buyers or people spending $20 to ALL of the methods of taking precautions that members have suggested. It was just a suggestion list.
    Sorry, maybe people would have been able to make their own mind up what you said if I had quoted ALL of your original post before you deleted it with the other two deleted posts/suggestions that you had left on this thread.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Sorry, maybe people would have been able to make their own mind up what you said if I had quoted ALL of your original post before you deleted it with the other two deleted posts/suggestions that you had left on this thread.

Tony, I never delete anything. Again, we see mock outrage at the answers some of us are giving, that has led to censorship by members. Something is always wrong with what some of us say.

As you know, I am 100% behind ebid growing quickly. To do this we have to step outside our comfort zone. Maybe that means considering taking these big new buyers on. Many of us have done so already and they are great. That is why we answered this post the way we did. Funny that a message about ebid growing gets censored.

just a big thank you for all the advice given on this thread. the sale is now completed and ebid has a new member who is pleased with the service and goods. it was,nt that they were new, a lot of my customers are, it was, as i said, that i had 2 identical enquieries for the same larger amounts in a very short space of time. thanks once again for all the advice and helping to make this site the friendliest and most helpful auction site on the internet.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deltadelta48

Do old "delay shipment trick" for extra insurance that money stays put. Tell buyer you mailed but don't do it. Watch payment and make sure it stays there. Then send box.

Am I correct in reading this properly. Are you advising sellers to lie to buyers. How long do they wait before sending? What if the buyer is honest?

Do you want honest buyers to start getting worried and think they have been conned when the item you said was posted takes a long time to arrive.

================================================== =====
    afternoon folks , tony I do remeber seeing this post from delta...a couple of weeks back....and I just kept out of the way...I think I read it the same way you did...but it is gone now , ... I thought only the OP or eBid could remove a post ??
    but not that it really matters now as the right result has been reached....papa.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyHabitat View Post
    just a big thank you for all the advice given on this thread. the sale is now completed and ebid has a new member who is pleased with the service and goods. it was,nt that they were new, a lot of my customers are, it was, as i said, that i had 2 identical enquieries for the same larger amounts in a very short space of time. thanks once again for all the advice and helping to make this site the friendliest and most helpful auction site on the internet.
    PERFECT. Good for you!! So happy to see that you went ahead with the sale without thinking about all the things that could have gone wrong.

When you become a supplier to other sellers, that is an ideal situation for you and them. Everyone wins. Many of my regulars resell in stores, at fairs, etc. Its a perfect situation for all of us and for ebid!

Thread Information