My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: e- cigs

Well that sounds about right for Canada, let the ecig be sold but don't let them have the stuff to go in it. Like you can sell guns but can't have the ammo. do they think we want thigs as ornaments

Forum Lurker
    View stylusman's Feedback (+19)
    All-About stylusman
    View stylusman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi guys me and my uncle actually run a company called elecorette For some reason auction sites have stopped us selling them but they are still perfectly legal. infact we have just been working with the department of health and safety and had all of our range tested in their labs and come back with a 100 % pass rate. if you all want to send me notifications with what you require i will try my best to assist you

thanks

justin

Forum Lurker
    All-About stylusman
    Forum Posts

Hi spyder you are completly right lots of people started importing very cheap copies from japan and china that were quite dangeroud, unfortunatley it gave people who had them made properly a bad name. me and my uncle were one of the first people to start designing making and selling our own brand elecorette and these have been passed by all department of health and safety labs which cost us a fortune.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stylusman View Post
    Hi spyder you are completly right lots of people started importing very cheap copies from japan and china that were quite dangeroud, unfortunatley it gave people who had them made properly a bad name. me and my uncle were one of the first people to start designing making and selling our own brand elecorette and these have been passed by all department of health and safety labs which cost us a fortune.
    There has been a lot of scaremongering about e-cigarettes, generally initiated by both the pharmaceutical and tobacco companies and groups (mouth-pieces) which receive funding from these companies. Unfortunately, this has been exacerbated by some people who sell e-cigarettes trying to promote their own products by joining in with the scare tactics.

As far as I'm aware, only pillbox38/Trog and Cisco have had any input into the design of new, mass produced, e-cigarette models. Pillbox38 and Trog worked with Joyetech to produce the Screwdriver MKII and Cisco worked with Sailebao on the DSE 905 but he backed out of the project when Sailebao refused to change the basic shape of the model.

Rather than your own designs, you appear to be selling basic RN4075 and RN4081 models with OEM packaging. Most of the Chinese suppliers will provide buyers with OEM packaging on orders over 100 units and will provide it for free on as few as 500 units. As both these models have already been tested and carry the CE mark I don't understand why you have personally had them tested by health and safety labs. Concerns about the safety of e-cigarettes have focused on the liquid that is vaporised and inhaled rather than the devices. However, I would be interested to see the report. Also, I don't understand why you don't have the report splashed across the home page of your site or, indeed, any mention of it. All the e-cigarette companies I know of who have had independent testing done on liquids and cartridges have displayed the results and used them as a marketing tool.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Forum Lurker
    All-About stylusman
    Forum Posts

Hi we are actually selling off our products as I am not sure if you have heard they are looking at making it illegal to sell them in the Uk soon whether this goes ahead or not we dont want to risk being stuck with stock so what we intend doing is selling the kits and maintaining stock of the accessories and cartridges which are not being banned.

Forum Lurker
    All-About stylusman
    Forum Posts

Also if you look atour site you will see some of the press clips on there that do mention various tests that have been completed by Labs across the Uk.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

"blush" i've not heard of e-cigs but reading the thread sounds like they are an aid to giving up smoking, good luck buttons, hope you manage it with out lashing out on poor Mike lol

and a message to Mike

Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

All-About cmjewels925
    Forum Posts

Hi we are actually selling off our products as I am not sure if you have heard they are looking at making it illegal to sell them in the Uk soon whether this goes ahead or not we dont want to risk being stuck with stock so what we intend doing is selling the kits and maintaining stock of the accessories and cartridges which are not being banned.
    Please stop disseminating misinformation.

The sale and use of e-cigarettes in the UK is currently unrestricted. The MRHA are looking at ways to regulate e-cigarettes and are working with the major UK e-cigarette companies and pressure groups towards this end. I guess your invitation got lost in the post.

Also, please stop using this forum to advertise your products and site or the thread will be pulled.

All-About cmjewels925
    Forum Posts

Also if you look atour site you will see some of the press clips on there that do mention various tests that have been completed by Labs across the Uk.
    You claimed that you had initiated and paid for tests yourselves.

Forum Lurker
    All-About stylusman
    Forum Posts

Hi i did not start this thread to start with and yes I know sales are unrestricted at the moment and as you will probably know all the major suppliers are pulling together to try and make sure that the sales are regulated fairly however from the minutes of the last meeting that were published it is looking more and more likely that they are just going to go ahead with a blanket ban Infact we were working with MHRA And Uk Health and Safety Exec and it was them that advised us on where to go next and the tests that we should have done. Even down to the stupid thing where we had to reprint all of our labels to say that the cartridges maybe dangerous to fish Just incase one got dropped in a fish tank or thrown in a river. However it was out last meeting with our area reps where we found out that legally before they ban the sales of any product there needs to be enough time for the companies involved to appeal the process however this is just a formallity and the plans are already drawn up on how they are going to ban the products hence us selling at a cheap price and targetting the majority of our sales to the rest of the world or places that have not banned them.

Thread Information