eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Non paying buyers

Forum Lurker
    View abyorkie's Feedback (+1404)
    All-About abyorkie
    View abyorkie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've had a NPB and when they finally contacted me they had sourced the item elsewhere but I doubt if it was cheaper -it was cheaper than the same item seen at antique fairs,flea markets etc.
    I was unsure as to whether to leave feedback at all as I don't like leaving negative one,preferring to give the benefit of the doubt especially as the buyer was a complete newbie. Having read some of the above postings it is a lot clearer for me if it happens again- I wasn't sure if you could change feedback once left.
    Hopefully we won't get too many NPB's, none of us want that.
    Does anyone see fleamarket advertised anywhere anymore? They all seem to be antique fairs now! I've been to some where there were only about 10 stalls , compared to the Doncaster one-- massive, plenty to pick from there, if you have the time! Several hours needed there.
    Cheers guys
    Alan
    Please have a look at my shops, you may find something you like!! Please note the old embroidery transfers have been transferred to collectables and everything else.
    http://abyorkies-old-manuscripts-ancestry.ebid.net
    http://archibald-thorburns-birds-prints.ebid.net
    http://abyorkies-stamps-cigarette-cards.ebid.net
    http://antique-prints.ebid.net
    http://collectables-and-everything-else.ebid.net

View caramia64's Feedback (+399)
    All-About caramia64
    View caramia64's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm afarid I'm with Papa and Andy on this ... negative if no respones to emails, reminders etc. I'm happy to give ample time to pay and if someone asks for extension on time to pay for whatever reason will accomodate but I do find its infuriating having repeated non payers!

Forum Lurker
    View buckhysen's Feedback (+3185)
    All-About buckhysen
    View buckhysen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for all the replies guys, have not been able to post anything earlier as I've had no Broadband for the past 4 weeks Have noticed a big upturn in paying buyers though which is good, so perhaps it was something to do with the Summer holidays. Have only had 1 NPB since my original post and that has only been 4 days and I've yet to send any reminders so they still might pay.

As someone stated above I think the most annoying thing with NPB is when they totally ignore your messages and don't even respond to say they no longer want the item or that there may be a problem. I've just been offline for 4 weeks and yet still managed to log on with my phone and answer messages and handle orders so why NPB can't log in to reply to a message is beyond me.

Touch wood things have certainly improved over the last month though and have noticed more and more Buyers buying multiple items which is good for me and Ebid

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been on ebid some years and only had two non payers.One has since been thrown off the site,the other seems to have vanished without trace.On a site with high fees (guess who?) this is obviously potentially more expensive than one with more sensible ones (guess who again).

I've just had my second non-payer. A newbie with no feedback. No response despite reminders. It may well be that someone forgets once they've signed up and bid for something, but surely they must get the emails in their inbox. Unlike feebay, there is no stigma attached to the membership if they don't pay so people just don't bother to pay or communicate. As far as I am concerned, while I am giving them a chance to pay, i could be potentially losing out on a sale as the item is tied up in pending payment.

Quote Originally Posted by mrswilliam View Post
    I've just had my second non-payer. A newbie with no feedback. No response despite reminders. It may well be that someone forgets once they've signed up and bid for something, but surely they must get the emails in their inbox. Unlike feebay, there is no stigma attached to the membership if they don't pay so people just don't bother to pay or communicate. As far as I am concerned, while I am giving them a chance to pay, i could be potentially losing out on a sale as the item is tied up in pending payment.
    Actually there is a stigma, they can get tossed off ebid, the #1 alternative site, so have to go somewhere else and try their little shenanigans there. Sooner or later they run out of places to shop and stop wasting all our time. It is always a good idea to follow thru and make sure you issue negs, reminders, mark as nonpayer, and report to ebid. Especially good if some joker is running wild and hitting lots of us, ebid will stop them cold.

Forum Newbie
    All-About StarSapphireSong
    View StarSapphireSong's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Question

I guess the next question here is- is there a way to require buyers to pay immediately when they 'buy it now'? I work at a percussion dealership, and we sell most of our stuff on ebay. They have a 'require immediate payment' option when a buyer uses the BIN option. It's really convenient. I think if ebid wants to compete with ebay, they might consider adding this option if they don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by StarSapphireSong View Post
    I guess the next question here is- is there a way to require buyers to pay immediately when they 'buy it now'? I work at a percussion dealership, and we sell most of our stuff on ebay. They have a 'require immediate payment' option when a buyer uses the BIN option. It's really convenient. I think if ebid wants to compete with ebay, they might consider adding this option if they don't have it.
    in a nut shell the answer is no
    I disagree, just because the other side uses something, I don't think there is always a need to copy it

Quote Originally Posted by StarSapphireSong View Post
    We've had several members this month who bought multiple items from us. If they had been forced to pay immediately, we would have been nailed with the minimum charge for each transaction on PayPal. They waited for the invoice (as we ask them to do), I sent it with the shipping discount, and there was only one PayPal transaction.

Requiring them to pay immediately would be a terrible idea for us. We would have the extra work of refunding part of the S&H charge plus typing the packing list because we wouldn't have the eBid invoice to work with. Not to mention paying an extra 35 cents for each item to PayPal.

Perhaps I'm being cynical, but I have a hunch this is the reason GreedBay requires immediate payment. They do own PayPal, and that's the only payment option they allow, so they're collecting more profits for all those extra transactions.

Thread Information