Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: What to do, when you suspect a seller to be that of the same bidder on their own item

Default What to do, when you suspect a seller to be that of the same bidder on their own item

Hello everyone, don`t want to step on someones toes, and hoope I am posting in the right catogory here. I just thought that i might ask the forums about , What to do when you suspect that someone has opened an account to sell and also another to shill bidding? I just find it ironic that two members of the same city and state, same date of membership,bidding extraordinary amounts to raise bids on a sale. Who would you even contact for something like this? Without getting a finger pointed at you as a Narc or a whistle blower, I'm not 100% possitive, but seems like their is something fishy going on.... Any suggestions would be great, help me out here folks.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plusizeglamor View Post
    Hello everyone, don`t want to step on someones toes, and hoope I am posting in the right catogory here. I just thought that i might ask the forums about , What to do when you suspect that someone has opened an account to sell and also another to shill bidding? I just find it ironic that two members of the same city and state, same date of membership,bidding extraordinary amounts to raise bids on a sale. Who would you even contact for something like this? Without getting a finger pointed at you as a Narc or a whistle blower, I'm not 100% possitive, but seems like their is something fishy going on.... Any suggestions would be great, help me out here folks.
    My advice would be to check it out with ebid support.

It's the right thing to do as we all want a safe environment to buy & sell in.

Oh I want nothing more tha to have a safe and FAIR trading enviroment, but how would I even word it to ebid? And what if i am totally wrong here, but like I said, same city, same state, same date of membership......

Forum Saint
    View Cocksparrer's Feedback (+424)
    All-About Cocksparrer
    View Cocksparrer's Listings
    Forum Posts

support can check the ip numbers, if it is the same person that will verify it.

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that shilling was easier to do on eBoy, but here, I believe you have to get express, special permission from management to have two accounts, or even two accounts in the same household by two different people.

To contact support, plussize, my opinion is that your original post in this thread is quite clear.

Since two accounts are difficult to acquire here, I'd be more suspicious that it could be the seller's close friend doing the bidding.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Support here are human beings, just write to them and say what you've said to us, but give them the user and item IDs involved.

Yes contact Support Shill is bad ! if your wrong then your wrong, but it shows you care .
    You only reap what you sow ! ...
    Lots of Books all Subjects,Education, UFO,Space, Spiritual books, Cross Stitch, Needlework, Art & Craft Books & MANY MORE to mention ! Non Fiction, & Fiction.Dvds,Electronic games,Diecast Cars,Clocks,Pelham Puppet,Old 1970,s Lego Bricks, Lego Rare Funny Faces Bricks, Lego Flowers, Model Railway bits,Toys & Brick a brack & more...Forsale.http://uk.ebid.net/items/Newforest1959....

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

yes you should report.nothing wrong with that.

Thread Information