eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seller asking for more money after the end of an auction...

View bluejypsy's Feedback (+618)
    All-About bluejypsy
    View bluejypsy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Well would you believe it, it's happened again since my last post at 8.52pm. A £45 item to the U.S., paid via Paypal, no shipping included (how could there be). It's clear that at some point the, usually new, customer is offered a link that allows them to pay without finding out about shipping costs. It's not their fault, they should really come up against some sort of 'stop' in the system that requires that they contact the buyer and request an invoice if shipping is marked as 'Not Known'.
    If, when you list your item you are choosing the postal option of 0.00p postage then you are including the postage in with your item.
    To be able to adjust the postage to suit after the sale then I believe you have to choose the "not known" option. This was how it used to work I don't know that it has changed in some way recently. There does seem to be a lot of confusion of late, several threads covering the same subject. Perhaps there needs to be some store housekeeping going on where sellers check their listings and perhaps work out the postage on each item they are prepared to post away from home or to change the setting to "Not willing to ship abroad" this way the item will not come up in the search in other countries.

Special items for that special little person in your life.

Click here to visit Blue's Homemade Goodies.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluejypsy View Post
    If, when you list your item you are choosing the postal option of 0.00p postage then you are including the postage in with your item.
    To be able to adjust the postage to suit after the sale then I believe you have to choose the "not known" option. This was how it used to work I don't know that it has changed in some way recently. There does seem to be a lot of confusion of late, several threads covering the same subject. Perhaps there needs to be some store housekeeping going on where sellers check their listings and perhaps work out the postage on each item they are prepared to post away from home or to change the setting to "Not willing to ship abroad" this way the item will not come up in the search in other countries.
    Thanks Blue but I'm not a newbie. I'm more familiar with the site than most. It isn't a 'seller' problem. I don't want to add postage prices, it's largely a waste of time for a lot of what I sell. It should be possible to select postage 'Not Known' and not have buyers being taken off to pay prematurely.

Where are these other threads?

View brishada's Feedback (+209)
    All-About brishada
    View brishada's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Kedo

I think I get it… you are choosing the ‘Not Known’ option on the Selling Form and therefore entering 0.00 in the amount column to the left of that box. In the main body of the listing you are stating ‘contact for shipping quote’, which as many have said gets totally overlooked by buyers (they will only see the 0.00 value and think it’s free), yes?

Therefore when an invoice gets sent it actually shows as 0.00 value for shipping…

You are partly right when you say it’s an Ebid problem, the 0.00 should be ‘greyed out’ and somehow when an invoice is generated the buyer SHOULDN’T be able to pay until the cost is entered at your end. This WOULD mean however that a buyer can’t pay you until you have sent the invoice with shipping added.

Is that right?
    Blessings
    Sharon

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…Kedo selling on eBid for many years and as can you see many extra features don’t exist in here like new one likes ‘’brishada write ‘’ 0.00 should be ‘greyed out’ and somehow when an invoice is generated the buyer SHOULDN’T be able to pay until the cost is entered at your end. This WOULD mean however that a buyer can’t pay you until you have sent the invoice with shipping added’’ and that’s right….and many extra features which in many ways help buyers and sellers in one way or another as I say don’t exist in here like in other big auction site and I don’t know maybe this all extra features cost more money to put in auction system for eBid or this auction sites not like to copy other auction sites…but anyway as can you see after many years all this stuff not coming here, so is up to Seller how can list own item for everything and make sure don’t skip something because you don’t have many extra features to help you…as I say you like it or not only way for you just set up for your items prices for shipping with numbers how much cost or other way which I think is going to cut you sales if you don’t send international but this way or other way you have many items to edit again so as can I see you don’t like again to edit all yours item so if you leave like this as is for the future you going to have same problems time to time…

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brishada View Post
    Hi Kedo

I think I get it… you are choosing the ‘Not Known’ option on the Selling Form and therefore entering 0.00 in the amount column to the left of that box. In the main body of the listing you are stating ‘contact for shipping quote’, which as many have said gets totally overlooked by buyers (they will only see the 0.00 value and think it’s free), yes?

Therefore when an invoice gets sent it actually shows as 0.00 value for shipping…

You are partly right when you say it’s an Ebid problem, the 0.00 should be ‘greyed out’ and somehow when an invoice is generated the buyer SHOULDN’T be able to pay until the cost is entered at your end. This WOULD mean however that a buyer can’t pay you until you have sent the invoice with shipping added.

Is that right?
    Blessings
    Sharon
    That's pretty much it I think.

Forum Lurker
    View bf2007's Feedback (+12)
    All-About bf2007
    View bf2007's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am having a similar problem with a seller ,and I think the problem is to do with paypal as when I paid with paypal before receiving
    an invoice from the seller, paypal only charged me for the goods and not the shipping, so the when I received the invoice from the seller
    tyred to pay again and another item was added too my buying so instead of the one item I wanted ,now have two the same,
    seller sent me a new invoice with discount of second item so I would only need to pay for the one, and now getting error message from paypal
    that the invoice is not correct.
    I think the seller has now given up ,as not answering any messages I leave for them, have offered to buy boy items as not the sellers fault
    but has not replayed to me.
    Don´t know what to do now

Angry Grates me the sum

OK, I am going to go into details here to prove that the problem I am having is systemic, it is something that can be fixed VERY EASILY by ebid, but they don't seem to care to do anything.

Facts:
    - I sold an item via ebid in the auction format to a person in the USA. The hammer price of the item is $700.
    - I offer the following shipping options to the U.S. for this item:
    -> Canada Post Expedited Parcel - USA = C$12.00
    -> Canada Post Xpresspost - USA = C$18.00

Here is a transcription of the e-mail the buyer receives:
    eBid Invoice from marschenegger
    The total for this invoice is C$700.00.
    Dear (buyer's screen name withheld),
    Thank you for your purchase(s) from marschenegger.

Auction ID Item Title Qty. Price
    33454886 1917 Bank of Commerce $5 WHITE BACKGROUND rare 1 C$700.00
    Auction Subtotal C$700.00
    Shipping ~ Shipping option to be chosen by buyer choose now
    Item Total (not incl. shipping) C$700.00
    Auction(s) Total C$700.00
    Shipping Total choose now
    Invoice Total (not incl. shipping) C$700.00
    Here is a transcription of the invoice as it is shown on ebid (i.e. after the buyer logs in):
    eBid Invoice from marschenegger
    The total for this invoice is C$712.00.
    Dear (buyer's screen name withheld),
    Thank you for your purchase(s) from marschenegger.

Auction ID Item Title Qty. Price
    33454886 1917 Bank of Commerce $5 WHITE BACKGROUND rare 1 C$700.00
    Auction Subtotal C$700.00
    Shipping ~ C$
    Item Total
    C$712.00
    Auction(s) Total
    C$700.00
    Shipping Total
    C$12.00
    Invoice Total
    C$712.00
    Before anyone tells me that I'm doing something wrong, look at the two transcripts above. One tells the buyer at the very top that the total for the invoice is $700 and asks lower down to pick a shipping option from a drop-down list. The other tells the buyer that the total for the invoice is $712 because the first shipping option is selected by default.

IF THE BUYER DOES NOT LOG IN TO SEE THE ONLINE VERSION OF THE INVOICE AND COMPLETE PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL, AND IF HE DOES NOT READ THE REST OF THE E-MAIL HE RECEIVED FROM EBID, HE WILL THINK THE TOTAL HE CAN SEND IS $700.

I understand that I will not win any sympathy because the price of the item I am selling is high. What if I had a cheap bulky item, with an asking price of $20? If the buyer sends me $20 instead of $32, should I be happy and eat the shipping costs all because of a stupid error with ebid's invoice system? I don't think so. Ebid effectively enables the buyer to avoid logging in by giving him my address plus a version of the invoice where shipping is not entered into the total so he can mail a payment directly to me in the wrong amount.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME PROBLEM kedo IS HAVING. Kedo is getting PayPal payments without shipping added. That's even worse! I don't know what is causing that seller's problems. All I know is that my problem, one I have endured in the past, is the result of a loophole in ebid's invoice system, a loophole they refuse to close. I have opened a support ticket, and they keep telling me everything is OK because they see the online version of the invoice, not the one sent by e-mail. They asked me for evidence that I claim this happened in the past, but of course, it's too late, those past auctions are too old and all the logs are gone.

If the buyer sends me a payment in the mail for the wrong amount, I will inform ebid and ask them to cover the shipping cost. It's only fair since they created the problem and will not fix it. I showed them a copy of the e-mailed invoice and they don't seem to "get" the fact that buyers don't always read the entire invoice and would miss the part where they are asked to select a shipping option.

Mark
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...as I see you have two options for the shipping in USA and maybe this exactly cause problem offline e-mails from eBid, so why not you try to put in only ONE OPTIONS and ONLY ONE PRICE just chose whatever you like to charge and let see how this go...
    And by the way for all my items I have ONLY ONE shipping prices for Domestic and other price for International and like I say I never have problem I receive both e-mails (with log-in and without log-in) from eBid with same shipping price included...

I only offer one shipping option as well. Seems like that works for me. I know the U.S. shipping calculator doesn't work correctly if I offer 2 shipping options so that taught me a long time ago to only offer one shipping option.

looks like i have to offer international postage cost on all my listings to be save. there should be a better way.....

Thread Information