eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Default Re: Possibility of a co-ordinated Facebook event?

Now I stated that the ebid awareness day should have sellers and buyers using social media aspects including facebook and twitter. I also stated blogs and email. I am pretty sure even those who do not have twitter or facebook understand the easiest social media tool email. Emailing all your contacts is a real easy way for people to get the word out even if they are not using other web 2.0 tools.

As a large group of people I think if we got a majority of people involved we could get reach millions of people .

ebid needs to get promotions going even if they are celebrity charity auctions.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidationitems View Post
    Now I stated that the ebid awareness day should have sellers and buyers using social media aspects including facebook and twitter. I also stated blogs and email. I am pretty sure even those who do not have twitter or facebook understand the easiest social media tool email. Emailing all your contacts is a real easy way for people to get the word out even if they are not using other web 2.0 tools.

As a large group of people I think if we got a majority of people involved we could get reach millions of people .

ebid needs to get promotions going even if they are celebrity charity auctions.
    Indeed, this is what we are looking for and every bit of support helps. Just getting into the Facebook w/eBid posts but had a reply so it's positive. I'll keep after it and report findings here. As much as I would like to hurry this campaign along I feel we have not reached any where near enough members yet so if you will all be patient I would really like to follow this through. I am an online seller who enjoys making sales and firmly believe eBid is the site of the future...we just need to help it along a bit.

I think we need to get ebid involved for them to contact all the sellers and buyers. If ebid is not involved then I do not think we will be able to get enough people on board for this to be effective.

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidationitems View Post
    I think we need to get ebid involved for them to contact all the sellers and buyers. If ebid is not involved then I do not think we will be able to get enough people on board for this to be effective.
    I think ebid will want us to come up with a deffinet plan before they come on board, and in reality I do not blame them, as if this is not handeled well and we do not have all the bases covered, then we could all end up with nothing but egg on our face.

I would like to say thanks to Bykimbo for putting up the how to use a lot of the things we are discussing, which may help people.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post #145 Al ......I am waiting for a response from the support team to confirm they will publicize this idea to all members. Without it I'm afraid we do not have enough support.
    Post #173 liquidationitems .....I think we need to get ebid involved for them to contact all the sellers and buyers. If ebid is not involved then I do not think we will be able to get enough people on board for this to be effective.
    Post #174 hotandvintage ....I think ebid will want us to come up with a deffinet plan before they come on board, and in reality I do not blame them, as if this is not handeled well and we do not have all the bases covered, then we could all end up with nothing but egg on our face.
    What's confusing me at this stage is exactly what 'support' ebid would be giving - (initially, that is).
    Is the idea:
    #1. That eBid make a posting to encourage (endorse) further talk with a view to such discussions producing the final honed 'event' with all details in place.

or.......

#2. That eBid make a posting of an already honed event, complete with details.

'Cos if it's the first (#1.), then once some of the other members decide to input ideas and the honing is subsequently done, then eBid would still have the final say as to whether they see the finished concept as one worthy of implementing.

Al? or anyone?

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Steve,
    Support requested finalized details before they will "spread the word". I was hoping to spread the word first to help hone the idea.
    I also didnt want it to turn into anything complex. Just a quick event post on tens of thousands of members facebook event page inviting friends and friends of friends to come visit eBid.
    A link to a quick video link like Magnets posted would be perfect.
    Last edited by adruml; 14th March 2011 at 12:46 PM.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post
    I think ebid will want us to come up with a deffinet plan before they come on board, and in reality I do not blame them, as if this is not handeled well and we do not have all the bases covered, then we could all end up with nothing but egg on our face.

I would like to say thanks to Bykimbo for putting up the how to use a lot of the things we are discussing, which may help people.
    Yes, thank you bykimbo.

This is meant to be a very simple invitation to invite millions to come visit. There really needn't be an event here on eBid. The event is us posting on facebook inviting folks to visit. If we start getting too creative then yes we could end up with egg on our faces. We need simple and just an invite to come visit. Once here visitors can browse and decide if they want to buy, sell join or just walk (click) away. Getting them aware of eBid is all we are trying to do.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yeah..... Al ...... probably some of the confusion throughout this thread was simply due to what 'event' meant.

(an actual event on eBid to 'go to' ..... OR........ the event of just 'going to' eBid)

All along you were meaning the event of 'going to'......

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Don't forget, if the boys don't get on-board (and I agree it would be better if they did, but they'll need to hear a decent proposal first) we can still post to the official eBid page about it, so others will see it not just forum users. A small, but significant improvement. But something the guys can back would be even better!
    bykimbo! How do we do this "post to the official eBid page" you speak of.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    Yeah..... Al ...... probably some of the confusion throughout this thread was simply due to what 'event' meant.

(an actual event on eBid to 'go to' ..... OR........ the event of just 'going to' eBid)

All along you were meaning the event of 'going to'......
    Probably a bit of confusion I got caught up in the hype my fault sorry!

If we think about it all we need is lots of us to post On the event section of our facebook accounts a simple invite to visit eBid could be huge. We just need more Ebid members to join in. I could be wrong but I don't think we need to brainstorm an actual eBid event just a massive invite is what I had in mind.

Thread Information