Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watchers or Best Offers ?

Cool Watchers or Best Offers ?

is there any plans to include watchers to auctions or best offers option ? These would be great

another a suggestion would being able to tell which auctions have bids on them easily , by the color of the price, if you are not the seller. If I am surfing through the site as a buyer I like to see which items already have bids . Sometimes I think if there are bids it might be a good deal and I might investigate and also as a seller I like to be nosy and see what everyone else is selling or sold.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Watchers or Best Offers ?

In reply to your question.....

No

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liquidationitems View Post
    is there any plans to include watchers to auctions or best offers option ? These would be great

another a suggestion would being able to tell which auctions have bids on them easily , by the color of the price, if you are not the seller. If I am surfing through the site as a buyer I like to see which items already have bids . Sometimes I think if there are bids it might be a good deal and I might investigate and also as a seller I like to be nosy and see what everyone else is selling or sold.

I would like those things also

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always list at my lowest price so I certainly would not need a “Best Offer” system like they have on the dark side. Rather than “Best Offer”. If you always list at the very minimum price you will accept you will find your sales are far better.

You can already “Watch” items - maybe your request is to know the number of watchers. I used to find on feebay that the number of watchers can be quite high but this doesn’t reflect the outcome of the auction as many watchers are merely the curious or other sellers watching to determine a price.

Sorry, for the lack of my enthusiasm for the suggestion.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

morning op , with regard to best offer , your starting bid should be your best offer price...as we do not get bidding wars on here , it is best to start your item ay a price you would accept... if you do this then you cannot sell at a give away price....so again....your start price...is your best offer......papa.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool Re: Watchers or Best Offers ?

Well...''by the color of price''...I like that...I always like ''Pink'' color...

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    morning op , with regard to best offer , your starting bid should be your best offer price...as we do not get bidding wars on here , it is best to start your item ay a price you would accept... if you do this then you cannot sell at a give away price....so again....your start price...is your best offer......papa.
    I was referring to buy it nows with best offers, not auctions

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was referring to buy it nows with best offers, not auctions
    Personally, I see best offers as a turn off when buying. Makes me think that the seller has really jacked the original price up.......lots............and then I have to guess what they really want. I prefer just a buy it now, or auction, where the seller is happy with what they get, and I'm agreeable with the price. I've only done best offer a couple times, and only because the item was unique and the asking price quite outrageous. I feel like I'm being taken on a ride with best offer........same with hidden reserve prices. I don't like playing those guessing games. Just be honest and put down what you want to begin with. If more than one person wants it, then you receive even more as a seller.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Standard response from those that sell two bobs worth of 'Woolworth' items that can have no best offer price because there is hardly any profit in their items already. Why these sellers actually bother to comment on 'best offer' is beyond me.

I use best offer all the time on eBay and it works. I buy at auction, I may pay £70 for an antique that's worth £350 so I can afford to negotiate and buyers enjoy the negotiation or they just buy at the full price cos they are full of B.S. - I'm not complaining.

Perhaps these unbelievers should watch 'Antiques Road Trip' or 'Put your money where your mouth is' on BBC - real dealers buying cheap and negotiating a price, they are constantly asking, "what is your best offer?".

Jees - of course they don't want best offer if the average cost of their items is £2.00 :-) Although I am a paid up member of the free listing club, I can't use eBid in its present form and will wait until they get around to adding a best offer option. I will stick to eBay and my online shops which also have a best offer option.

If it didn't work, why are so many using it on eBay?
    This failure is why genuine dealers of expensive quality vintage and antique items are not coming over to eBid, if they don't supply like for like, who but the 'Poundland' type stores are going to come across?

I use it with great success on eBay as well. I am looking to move items, so I can go out and treasure hunt more. Usually if there is a profit, I'll accept the lower offer. This gives me the cash to go out and buy more. While still making a profit. It also shows the price a person would buy an item for more clearly than an auction. If you start an auction at .99 cents, and no one else bids, I don't think that it truly shows what an item is worth. I've accepted 3 Best offers this morning. It was all from the same buyer. I would have lost all the sales had I not gone down a total of three dollars. In the battle of inventory vs. cash, cash wins hands down.

It's really the only chance to price an item at what the seller thinks the value is, and contrast that with what a buyer thinks the value is. Not only is it worthy of merit, but it is educational as well. We all know our items may say what they are worth in a book, but the true value in an item is what a buyer would pay.

Furthermore, it should be an option, like it is on the other site. You wouldn't have to use it, but it would be great to have as an option.
    Last edited by trashandtreasure; 17th March 2011 at 01:52 PM.

Thread Information