My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Store Header

Post Store Header

In the store header it says "ALL CATEGORIES" I don't know if this is a marker for good things to come, if so great! But currently it is useless. It would be great if our "tag line" could go there. This would give us a double hit on the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) while improving the look of the header.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Store Header

ohhhhh - you'se so clever!! I don't know what the heck you are talking about, but it sounds very techy-clever!!! lol.......SEO.....
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoDakKlassics View Post
    In the store header it says "ALL CATEGORIES" I don't know if this is a marker for good things to come, if so great! But currently it is useless. It would be great if our "tag line" could go there. This would give us a double hit on the SEO (Search Engine Optimization) while improving the look of the header.
    It's not a marker for anything other than showing you where in the store you are - if you click on a category it changes to "WHATEVER CATEGORY YOU'RE LOOKING AT". The store blurb used to be there but it was moved to the 'About This Store' tab when the site was updated.

I wish they'd put that back, too, especially as it also showed when the seller last logged in.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

LOL.... SEO- A lesson in how the search engines find pages in on the www. All search engines have bots that "crawl" pages to determine the relevance in search results. Bots start at the top of your web page and scroll down left to right. They only read text. By re-using keywords on your page like the title of your product, you get better visibility in search results than your competitors. A word of caution, don't use it more than 3 times or the bots nail you for spamming and kick you lower in the search results.

Since ebid connects our tag line with our store name (mine is fashioned on a question that a potential customer may ask a search engine) having the tag line in the header would increases our store visibility when the question is asked.

LOL.... SEO- A lesson in how the search engines find pages in on the www. All search engines ... A word of caution, don't use it more than 3 times or the bots nail you for spamming and kick you lower in the search results.
    Three? That's a bit precise! I'd be surprised if all search engines do it that way. "Citation needed"?

But I agree with the gist of what you're saying. If you write like a spammer, expect to be marked down as a spammer.

PS: I'm not an SEO expert. I don't even play one on TV. Though if there's an agent out there who'd like to start me on an acting career at the right price...
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

I get the # 3 from Google, and experience... I have a client who's website I wanted to get top billing over her main competitor. Used the keywords twice... not quite there... used 4 times and plummeted, used three times and got top billing

I get the # 3 from Google, and experience... I have a client who's website I wanted to get top billing over her main competitor. Used the keywords twice... not quite there... used 4 times and plummeted, used three times and got top billing
    Fair enough, but keep in mind that Google isn't the only game in town.

Meanwhile, no offers from any agents. I'll have to try auctioning myself on eBid. Except I think selling pets is banned.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information