Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: how long does it take

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View futurespast's Feedback (+9)
    All-About futurespast
    View futurespast's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default how long does it take

i dont think i will be stopping on here much longer sales are slower than a snails trail, even though i am a payed up full for life member watching paint dry is more pleasing and a lot faster, i have never been disheartened in my life as i have trying to sell on here, i mean this quailty of glass should sell itself it can not be blamed on the reccesion as there are pleanty of people buying Whitefriars Glass because it is a buyers market at the moment, it's just that this site is not known enough yet. So maybe i will try in a few years time or at this rate my great grand children can.
    Please browse my store's and find something nice for your home thank you futurespast.
    http://whitefriars-crystal-glass-sales.ebid.net/

http://paperweight-palace.ebid.net

My Free Information blog on Whitefriars glass.
    http://gloriousartglass.blogspot.com/

Default Re: how long does it take

I recon at least 90% on here feel the same...yet we all plod on hoping for a sale....slow...slow....snail....pace.......yawnnnn nn :-)

Only had 4 sales since midnight

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I never see the point in these 'moaning' threads. If you are not happy either change your game or get out. Pointless coming here complaining and sulking 'I'm gonna leave...'. Quite honestly, I wouldn't buy from the posters of this kind of thread as they give a bad impression of themselves as someone to deal with.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by futurespast View Post
    i dont think i will be stopping on here much longer sales are slower than a snails trail, even though i am a payed up full for life member watching paint dry is more pleasing and a lot faster, i have never been disheartened in my life as i have trying to sell on here, i mean this quailty of glass should sell itself it can not be blamed on the reccesion as there are pleanty of people buying Whitefriars Glass because it is a buyers market at the moment, it's just that this site is not known enough yet. So maybe i will try in a few years time or at this rate my great grand children can.
    I love your about me page. Very friendly, informative and nicely laid out. So I decide to check out some of your lovely items/listings.

Ouch! I had so much trouble trying to read the description with the Impact font you are using so I gave up <- impact font - yet, further down your descriptions you have a very nice font, arial I think, that is very pleasing and easy to read.
    x

View arms87's Feedback (+321)
    All-About arms87
    View arms87's Listings
    Forum Posts

I feel the same, the sad truth is despite the quality of the site, and no matter what I do with my prices, it doesn't matter because nobody knows we're here.
    I have never met anyone in my day to day life who had heard about ebid before I told them about it.

I want this place to do well :/

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View futurespast's Feedback (+9)
    All-About futurespast
    View futurespast's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I never see the point in these 'moaning' threads. If you are not happy either change your game or get out. Pointless coming here complaining and sulking 'I'm gonna leave...'. Quite honestly, I wouldn't buy from the posters of this kind of thread as they give a bad impression of themselves as someone to deal with.
    HI
    If you knew me you would find i am not a moaner it,s just that when you pay a certain amount of money for something you expect it to at least work, even once would be nice if it works for longer that is a bonus and i dare say by you not buying from me is not going to make me lose to much sleep, and from the people whom have added to this thread 50% feel that it is a very slow place to sell even if your items are of very good quailty, of cause this is only my opinion of which surly i am allowed to say is this not a free speach country anymore? so sorry if i have offended you in anyway not intentional.
    Please browse my store's and find something nice for your home thank you futurespast.
    http://whitefriars-crystal-glass-sales.ebid.net/

http://paperweight-palace.ebid.net

My Free Information blog on Whitefriars glass.
    http://gloriousartglass.blogspot.com/

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View gyronny's Feedback (+1772)
    All-About gyronny
    View gyronny's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think new arrivals need to lose the ebay mind set. I came here after the other side made one stupid change too many, but I arrived assuming all was exactly the same.
    I don't sell vast amounts of books, nowhere near as many as I used to on ebay, but I do sell. For my first months, nothing at all and I was as frustrated as the OP.
    There are ways of increasing sales here, read the forums and listen to the old hands to learn more.
    I have since learnt to mentally shift downwards and wait for ebay to finally destroy the auction side of their business.
    I look on this as the site that will emerge from the ebay wreckage and will eventually be big.
    Don't give up, where else will ebayers go after ebay becomes a vast tat warehouse? My last half dozen sales have all been to newbies and I think we're picking up many of ebay's frustrated customers.
    Good luck

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello, OP. Have you told the Whitefriars board about your listings here? I'm not sure how much you are allowed to advertise on there, but surely you can use a signature link?
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

P.S. You have listings on the first page of Google shopping if I search for Whitefriars vase - you can't do much better than that! Oh, and if I add wave to the search, you show up as conspicuously better priced than similar items in the other place so you should get sales.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thread Information