Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Some explanation is needed...

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some explanation is needed...

And now they have done the strangest thing and paid.

If no one else is seeing the removals then maybe I just have different buyers.

So anyone know if ebid can add a fee, as easy as they remove it?

Just sent another ticket to find out.
    Last edited by hotandvintage; 21st April 2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: update

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post

I had a situation where eBid had removed the fees and when I ask them to charge them back to me they said they couldn't. When I found that out I was glad that I don't always ask for the fees back when a bidder doesn't pay.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Forum Lurker
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View hotandvintage's Feedback (+13)
    All-About hotandvintage
    View hotandvintage's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ropegg View Post
    I had a situation where eBid had removed the fees and when I ask them to charge them back to me they said they couldn't. When I found that out I was glad that I don't always ask for the fees back when a bidder doesn't pay.
    I did not ask for the fees back I just wanted to know if the buyer was coming back or not, as it suggests asking support under the section where it used to state there were no details.

Any of you that had the strikethrough buyers, are they still struckthrough?

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage View Post

My my! An honest buyer. Was starting to think they didn't exist but obviously one does. Still struck through are they?

Is anyone here really that bothered about making sales? Would it be better for us to simply have a nice, safe and cosy environment where we can all huddle together and swop selling stories from the old days?

After all making sales happen just causes us all work which can be a real pain in the rear end when you need to get your number of forum posts up! LOL

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HelenAndGraham View Post
    .................. Would it be better for us to simply have a nice, safe and cosy environment where we can all huddle together and swop selling stories from the old days?

After all making sales happen just causes us all work which can be a real pain in the rear end when you need to get your number of forum posts up! LOL

You must have been reading my mind.....

I'd be forgiven for thinking that our main goal is being part of the forums, with the selling as just a side issue ....
    All of us 'natives' on this 'island' can still sell to each other - seeds, trading cards, and other little bits & pieces and all 'play shop' together..... LOL
    Last edited by emporiumdays; 21st April 2011 at 06:06 AM. Reason: mistaken > forgiven

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

My my! An honest buyer. Was starting to think they didn't exist but obviously one does. Still struck through are they?

Is anyone here really that bothered about making sales? Would it be better for us to simply have a nice, safe and cosy environment where we can all huddle together and swop selling stories from the old days?

Must have been reading my mind. :-)

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Steve...how are you...my men...everything is ok or...?.......

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by emporiumdays View Post
    You must have been reading my mind.....

I'd be forgiven for thinking that our main goal is being part of the forums, with the selling as just a side issue ....
    All of us 'natives' on this 'island' can still sell to each other - seeds, trading cards, and other little bits & pieces and all 'play shop' together..... LOL
    Steve…peoples buy ‘’cheap’’ stuff I mean low price items and top of that is not brand name item...…and this is how USA works from long time ago and many make some of money…USA is the largest sales market in the world in buying power, so try to sell: cheap, couple cents or even $1.00 and guess what ? In here we have around 300 millions peoples and even if is half of this number buy something in that range of price and if the any seller catch even 1% of that believe me you WILL be make money out of even…stickers…cards…seeds and other little stuff…and eBid is perfect place for start because not have big fees…eBay make money before from what? From couple cents fees…heheheh….but after that greed make other way….I will not become greedy and I am very happy with my couple cents…....I sold ''again'' today some of my items...and now time is pack this stuff and go for sleep....good night Steve or good morning......in here is 3.20 AM so...huh...be good...stay safe....don't spend too much time on wrong place.......and keep listing instead of writing......I wish you good luck for everything...cao...cao....

LMAO looks like that might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by hotandvintage
    That's what buyers are meant to do, isn't it.

It's what my buyers do before they get struck through.

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, it actually costs money to have an internet connection, (for me around $300 per year), and of course PC's do wear out and need replacing. I would say that it 'costs' a member the best part of $1 a day to be on eBid.
    (Admittedly though, your PC gets used for other things too).

Anyway, if a person isn't making $7 per week after all other 'costs' - (forget wages), then you'd actually be going backwards.

So I think realistically, you have make this (what amounts to $30 per month)
    to pay for your connection and PC in order to break even, (and you're still not making wages).

Now that's of lot of seeds, or a lot of trading cards ....

I wonder if this is why every sale counts and it's best not to lose any buyers unnecessarily.....

Thread Information