eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi..i could really use some help here!

Default Hi..i could really use some help here!

Hello Everyone...I have been a Seller+ member of Ebid since Dec. 2010 and have never sold a thing. I am presently running 671 listings. I do sell on other sites but nothing here. Am I visible in this market? Thanking you in advance for any help that you could give me.

Donna

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Hi..i could really use some help here!

Hi Donna

It is quite difficult for many people to read large blocks of capitals, even I found it hard to read your descriptions. You might consider editing your descriptions into regular grammar so everyone can read them.

Consider editing at least 70% of your auctions and making them 'live' and not Run Until Sold. RUS listings remain at the bottom of the eBid search list. You can edit them to run for ie 7 - 9 - 10 days (you choose) and with a maximum of 10 auto relists. This way, your listings will rise to the top of the eBid search engine for all to see.

Also, you may consider creating another store for your jewelry and another store for your clothes and another store for your toys, books, home, porcelain and collectibles.

Hope this helps.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldieGoddess View Post
    Hello Everyone...I have been a Seller+ member of Ebid since Dec. 2010 and have never sold a thing. I am presently running 671 listings. I do sell on other sites but nothing here. Am I visible in this market? Thanking you in advance for any help that you could give me.

Donna

The advice you will be receiving will be...

Your All about Me page looks fantastic and you have some lovely items but your descriptions are all in CAPS and it is very hard to read and people won't finish reading your descriptions.
    Next is your items are Run Until Sold which brings you to the bottom of the list when someone searches your items.

Personally I sell elswhere as well and my descriptions have always been all CAPS so it hasn't hindered my sales until I cam to eBid so I changed my descriptions and...well that didn't help.

I took a look at how many views you were getting didn't appear to be a lot so I would suggest maybe some more or better keywords in your descriptions to at least gain more views.

In regards to your Run Until Sold listings. Let's just say I have read in these forums some folks argue for and some against. Myself I am a firm beleiver of, if you have something of interest at the right price buyers will find you and your item of interest hopefully the venue the item is listed in or on is user frIendly enough for the interested party to make the purchase.

The reason I type in caps is because I am blind in one eye. It doesn't seem to hurt my other selling sites. I have over 600 listings here and that is a lot to revise. I might try revising a few before taking on that job. Where do you add the key words? I thougnt that was in the title?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OldieGoddess View Post
    The reason I type in caps is because I am blind in one eye. It doesn't seem to hurt my other selling sites. I have over 600 listings here and that is a lot to revise. I might try revising a few before taking on that job. Where do you add the key words? I thougnt that was in the title?

Yes key words in the title. For example add eye make up to your title where applicable so a search for eye makeup will reveal your listings rather then only when the particular brand you are selling is searched.

If you were selling grammar lessons I would say revise your listings. For the items you are selling I can't understand why it would matter.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can email your buyers and let them know that you are on ebid. You can also use twitter and face book. If you will give me you twitter info I will follow you if you will do the same for us. You can also join us on facebook we have set up eBay alternatives-leaving FEEbay behind we discuss marketing and ways to promote each other mostly just women but we are all working together sharing ideas and retweeting each other

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree with the above, though I, too, use all caps (plain old bad nearsightedness in my case makes it easier for me to read listings in all caps). As SherMari said, definitely let former customers know you're here. Some members use social networking, while some of us (less tech adept) use plain old word of mouth. I try to mention eBid to people I meet almost anywhere I go, and while some people obviously think I'm a nutter, there are some who appear interested, so I discount the neg's and just go for it.

Also agree 110% with Al, IMHO having the right item at the right price makes all the difference.

Also, have you tried plugging your auctions in the Plug Your Auctions section of the forum? In addition, posting on the forum and adding a signature link to your posts gives members a chance to get to know you and what you're selling, as well as an easily clickable way to get to your listings.

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

Hi, I too have sold on other sites and just recently started selling on eBid, although I have been a member for a few years. I am learning how to work with Google to advertise my items..... that I am finding quite difficult, but I have managed to get a few items out there advertised under the Google search. Basically eBid and Google work together to help the sellers sell and the buyers find what they are looking for. You may want to check more into the Google merchant account to help get your items on Google. Best of luck to you and if you can figure out just how to get your store verified through Google, please get back with me, I could certainly use the help in this area myself!

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    .................. I try to mention eBid to people I meet almost anywhere I go, and while some people obviously think I'm a nutter, there are some who appear interested, so I discount the neg's and just go for it.

Oh Sue! ....... that comment's
    priceless and very funny!

Yes I think you made a good point by saying "...... posting on the forum and adding a signature link to your posts gives members a chance to get to know you and what you're selling ........"

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@OldieGoddess
    Welcome to ebid.
    What is the answer ?
    You sell on other sites, but not here !
    I don't like all caps, but other people say they don't mind, and I suppose I understand the poor sight thing.
    But it is a well known fact that all caps is harder to read, that is why books and newspapers don't use it.
    OK About Me page is important but will not double sales. Yours is OK to me.

You often see posts on here that people have not sold for a few months.
    The you see others when people have sold within a few days !

Posting in the forums helps you get known, but it should not be all.

Also we have to remember that ebid is the second largest auction site now and is growing like topsy.
    But we still only have 100th of the members (buyers) of ebay.
    So we have to keep working on promoting ebid and oureselves.

Also ebid seems to be best at selling collectibles and jewelry.
    Electronics, technology and make up are not so popular one here as yet (imho)

So the moral of the story is to keep working on your listings and hang in their otherwise ebay will continue to increase their fees etc.

Thread Information