eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: With whats going on over Feebay would now be a good time for eBid too....

Forum Newbie
    View jclaire's Feedback (+8477)
    All-About jclaire
    View jclaire's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: With whats going on over Feebay would now be a good time for eBid too....

Yes, sellers are finding ebid because they're fed up with ebay but we need buyers! I realize budget money is limited but a tv commercial would pay for itself 100 times over if the buyers would come. I have yet to meet anyone has heard of ebid. When they are looking for something they just go straight to ebay and search. Few google it, too much comes up and there are no pictures. People love pictures! How many times have you gone past the first page when googling something? Word needs to get out to people beyond disgruntled ebay sellers. I have been running my mouth off since I found this place but it's not enough. I don't know enough people

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: With whats going on over Feebay would now be a good time for eBid too....

Quote Originally Posted by jclaire View Post
    Few google it, too much comes up and there are no pictures. People love pictures! How many times have you gone past the first page when googling something?
    Google Shopping result for "Great Britain Stamp"

Page one with picture out of 20 million results. You cant complain about that.

Name:  not bad.JPG
Views: 114
Size:  150.0 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View aftech's Feedback (+493)
    All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

MPS16, tell us what you did to get that item first place in Google Shopping or is it just luck? It doesn't happen to a lot of other items on ebid.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1964)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see my items on Google Everything and Google Shopping all the time!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I repeat my oft repeated phrase.
    Can anyone who is advocating a tv campaign tell us how much a tv campaign in the UK and the USA would cost ?
    This should include the length of the ads, and if in prime time or late night.

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aftech View Post
    The reason you said about sellers not leaving feebay is correct.
    ebid has to have more buyers than this. Sellers find ebid more easily than buyers do. But no I don't think any businessman wants to grow slooooowly. Gazza and Mark are not showing it either. They recently initiated a new affiliate program which is GREAT. ebid is in high need of advertising and more advertising and more buyers and more buyer confidence.

On the fact of eBid needing more buyers ---- I think the buyers need a reason to buy on eBid as well as or instead of ebay.

The buyers are already on ebay and from my experience they are willing to purchase there for higher prices than the same item when listed on eBid so it seems the price is not the issue. I think there is no reason for the buyers to want to go elsewhere to places such as eBid because they are happy where they are. Just because the sellers are unhappy does little to make the buyers unhappy unless they are also a seller.

There seems to be almost no security measures for buyers there (eBid seems to have strong security measures on buyers) and a lot of eBid members seem to want it that way as it keeps the possibility of undesirable bidders on the site lower. I do find that quite often when the undesirables are kept out of something it also deters a lot of the desirable ones.

Think about it if you are buying someplace (online or in town) and you are happy with the services you get and any restrictions there may be --- will you probably keep buying there or will you go someplace else --- unless there is an incentive to get you to do so?

I think eBid needs to offer something (?????) to entice the buyer and lower their security on them -- just my personal opinion.

Bidders on ebay have little to worry about any offenses taken against them no matter why they make the bid even if it is from someone that may seem to be breaking a rule such as appearing to be shill bidding or even because they may be family or friends. Why would they want to come to eBid?

EBid needs to give the buyer something they don't already have -- whatever that might be.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

If anyone could find a good reason for buyers to look for alternatives to ebay and actually buy, they would be a millionaire.

They don't just need to advertise on TV. Facebook and Twitter are a good place to start. Think how many users there are there!! Ebid could advertise there.

But I do agree that some kind of Buyer Protection (Even though I advertise this myself on my items so I appear to be an honest seller), It would help if Ebid did the same. Also if Gumtree can advertise there website, I am sure eBid can. I would not look at the ITV channels as that is expensive , but look at Channel 5 for starters..
    Alex Loche
    TDS Retro Computers / TDS Brookenby

http://tds-retro-computers.ebid.net
    http://tdsbrookenby.ebid.net

View prescott9376's Feedback (+1371)
    All-About prescott9376
    View prescott9376's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have only just got back after being off for 6 months and 1 thing that stood out on the Eb@y boards was how many times Ebid was actually mentioned,(Ebid in full) there was even 1 Titled Eb@y V Ebid, time was that the thread would have been pulled Pretty Quickly.

Quite a bit of praise was levelled our way too with several members saying they had moved over had sold and had bought.

Another thing I have noticed since monitoring our Forums this week is how many new members we have who are posting for the first time, Many from the States.

By the way I should add when I say I have been away for 6 months its because I have been Poorly sick not because I have been in Jail.

Paul

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I repeat my oft repeated phrase.
    Can anyone who is advocating a tv campaign tell us how much a tv campaign in the UK and the USA would cost ?
    This should include the length of the ads, and if in prime time or late night.
    That can easily be answered via a google search.I did a rough guide to a radio ad here.

Quote Originally Posted by TDSBrookenby View Post
    ....Also if Gumtree can advertise there website, I am sure eBid can...
    Gumtree are owned by greedbay so they have the dosh.

Thread Information