eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For NPB Report, how long is reasonable time?

View aftech's Feedback (+493)
    All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default For NPB Report, how long is reasonable time?

ebid FAQ says that before a seller can report a NPB to ebid, they have to allow a "reasonable" amount of time after the auction. Well, that's VAGUE. It needs to be clarified IMO. Anyway, anybody knows what's the time frame ebid is looking at when receiving NPB reports? Thanks

Default Re: For NPB Report, how long is reasonable time?

Quote Originally Posted by aftech View Post
    ebid FAQ says that before a seller can report a NPB to ebid, they have to allow a "reasonable" amount of time after the auction. Well, that's VAGUE. It needs to be clarified IMO. Anyway, anybody knows what's the time frame ebid is looking at when receiving NPB reports? Thanks
    I don't think clarification is needed, I think sellers should be able to think for them selves rather than having decisions made for them.
    I would suggest to all sellers (that don't have it already) that they have a clear T&C page stating how long they would be willing to wait for payment under normal circumstances.

Personally I think a week to 10 days is ample time to await payment under normal circumstances, and extended if need be if in agreement with buyer.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I usually send at least 3 reminders over a 7-10 day period of time. I also tend to follow my gut & make exceptions. One time I had a buyer that did not respond to emaills/reminders, but something told me to sit tight & wait. I did, & their payment came in the mail. Was glad I waited.

All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    I don't think clarification is needed, I think sellers should be able to think for them selves rather than having decisions made for them.
    I would suggest to all sellers (that don't have it already) that they have a clear T&C page stating how long they would be willing to wait for payment under normal circumstances.

Personally I think a week to 10 days is ample time to await payment under normal circumstances, and extended if need be if in agreement with buyer.
    Clarification is needed when ebid makes a policy. I mean if I say I wait 2 days for payment, ebid will accept and refund my FVF?? I don't think so. So in that regard, clarification by ebid is needed. Anyway, that's not the point of this thread. I want to know from past experience of other sellers how much ebid considered "reasonable" time.

Clarification is needed when ebid makes a policy. I mean if I say I wait 2 days for payment, ebid will accept and refund my FVF?? I don't think so. So in that regard, clarification by ebid is needed. Anyway, that's not the point of this thread. I want to know from past experience of other sellers how much ebid considered "reasonable" time.
    In my experience I have had FVF's refunded when requested and normally after 8 days if I go down the NPB route, however if a member is suspended then I have claimed fvf's back a lot sooner depending on what they say regards a member being scrolled out

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

All my auctions state "please pay, or arrange payment within 7 days..."

So if I start sending payment reminders & requesting fvf's after 10 days...that is reasonable.
    If I start requesting payments etc. after just 3 days.......that is not reasonable.

eBid has to be led by each individual seller's terms, one size dosn't fit all imo.

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

I assume that buyers, like me, are not logged into eBid 24 hours a day. Also, I emphasize that anyone making multiple purchases must request an invoice before paying to get the full shipping discount. So, I don't rush anyone. I had one buyer who purchased around 20 items over a three day period.

If someone purchases one item, I wait two days (just to be sure they're not still browsing) and then send an invoice. If necessary, I then send payment reminders every three days. After three reminders, I decide they're NPB and go through the process to get my FVF refunded. So in total they have about eleven days before I give up.

All-About aftech
    View aftech's Listings
    Forum Posts

So it's readily possible to get FVF credited after 7 days total past the auction if I don't wannna give the buyer any exception. You all agree I assume.
    But still cancelling is a hurdle. Any experience with that? Have you requested FVF due to cancellation and was it accepted?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

How did you make the quantum leap from NPB to cancelled auction? Also, who cancelled the auction?

So it's readily possible to get FVF credited after 7 days total past the auction if I don't wannna give the buyer any exception. You all agree I assume.
    But still cancelling is a hurdle. Any experience with that? Have you requested FVF due to cancellation and was it accepted?
    Never done it under cancellation situation, but otherwise yes it's readily possible to get a FVF refund / withdrawal in 7 days.

Thread Information