All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default To Our Friends on the East Coast of USA

Stay safe and batten down the hatches.

http://www.daybreakingnews.com/post/...reaten-US.aspx

Let us hope it suddenly fades away.

Default Re: To Our Friends on the East Coast of USA

We are having quite a year here. What Mother Nature can't wreak havoc on the politicians make sure they can make a mess of it.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    We are having quite a year here. What Mother Nature can't wreak havoc on the politicians make sure they can make a mess of it.
    Ain't it the truth!

Have laid in an extra supply of chocolates, just in case.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smart plan, sues. Keep some by the bed, some in the car, some in the basement----you never know where you will be when the mood.......er......disaster strikes!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Smart plan, sues. Keep some by the bed, some in the car, some in the basement----you never know where you will be when the mood.......er......disaster strikes!
    LOL! My thoughts exactly.

Disaster is supposed to bypass me...the computer models still look like the storm will get us anyway. I fear for those that do get it, it is not a pleasant thing. Last time we had not electricity (no gas pumps, no nothing) or water for over a month. Put a roof on the old house three times, only to have it ripped away just the same. I am praying for all in the path.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minervabird View Post
    Disaster is supposed to bypass me...the computer models still look like the storm will get us anyway. I fear for those that do get it, it is not a pleasant thing. Last time we had not electricity (no gas pumps, no nothing) or water for over a month. Put a roof on the old house three times, only to have it ripped away just the same. I am praying for all in the path.
    That sounds awful, poor you. Have my fingers crossed none of us get hit this time, it's a major pain, or so bf says, (being from NC and having been involved in hurricanes before), thankfully there haven't been any major hurricanes here since I relocated from NY about 10 years ago.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

But what would happen if a major hurricane struck New York City?...
    And now officially Hurricane ''Irene'' could hit anywhere from North Carolina to New York.....

On Friday, September 16th, 1938, a Brazilian ship reported a huge storm in the Atlantic and weather forecasters expected it to make landfall near Miami. Luckily for Miami, the storm turned north and everyone expected it to head out to sea. Remember: this was long before satellite images allowed us to track these huge storms in real-time.
    Unluckily for people who lived in New York, Rhode Island, and Connecticut, though, the storm had just temporarily headed out to sea and was about to make landfall in New England. On the 21st, with no warning, one of the fastest-moving hurricanes ever recorded slammed into the New England coast. It caused massive damage in Long Island, giving the storm the name "The Long Island Express." Nearly 600 people died by the time it was all over.
    Can you imagine what a storm like that would do to this area today?
    In 1938, Long Island was still somewhat rural and undeveloped. Today it's a densely-packed urban area full of millions of people, homes, and businesses. And, quite honestly, I often think of New York as immune to these sorts of major storms….

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    But what would happen if a major hurricane struck New York City?...
    And now officially Hurricane ''Irene'' could hit anywhere from North Carolina to New York.....

On Friday, September 16th, 1938, a Brazilian ship reported a huge storm in the Atlantic and weather forecasters expected it to make landfall near Miami. Luckily for Miami, the storm turned north and everyone expected it to head out to sea. Remember: this was long before satellite images allowed us to track these huge storms in real-time.
    Unluckily for people who lived in New York, Rhode Island, and Connecticut, though, the storm had just temporarily headed out to sea and was about to make landfall in New England. On the 21st, with no warning, one of the fastest-moving hurricanes ever recorded slammed into the New England coast. It caused massive damage in Long Island, giving the storm the name "The Long Island Express." Nearly 600 people died by the time it was all over.
    Can you imagine what a storm like that would do to this area today?
    In 1938, Long Island was still somewhat rural and undeveloped. Today it's a densely-packed urban area full of millions of people, homes, and businesses. And, quite honestly, I often think of New York as immune to these sorts of major storms….
    Yikes, that's too true. Hopefully that won't happen; at least the NCers are used to this sort of thing, I can say from experience we NYers mostly aren't.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    Yikes, that's too true. Hopefully that won't happen; at least the NCers are used to this sort of thing, I can say from experience we NYers mostly aren't.

Sue,
    This morning I heard on the news by noon today the weather service would be able to determine if the coast of North Carolina would be evacuted or not. Any word?

Thread Information