Thread: google vs paypal???

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: google vs paypal???

Quote Originally Posted by RJMCoins View Post

Unlike the experiences mentioned above I have had numerous problems with PayPal. I have been notified that my identity may have been compromised more than once due to hackers

Same here...I just happened to be up very late one night when several emails turned up that were confirmation that my Paypal account had paid for Skype credits.

I informed Skype, my bank and Paypal that my Paypal account had been hacked and Paypal found in my favour and reversed all payments. My bank did the same as money had left my bank account as it was linked to my Paypal account and I had no funds in my Paypal account at the time.

I thought it had all got sorted out until a few days later when I checked my email and found one from Paypal saying that they had removed my bank account from my Paypal account due to it being associated with fraudulent activity.

I know have no bank account linked with my Paypal account and don't intend adding one.

I have heard many horror stories from paypal! Dont know how they seem to still be able to keep going really with some of the stories that are around!!

Easycosmetics, making beauty easy!

http://easycosmetics.ebid.net/

Good idea folks - keep putting possible buyers off using the most popular payment method.

Really good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Good idea folks - keep putting possible buyers off using the most popular payment method.

Really good idea.
    Very true but lets face it! There is truth behind every rumour!

Quote Originally Posted by Easycosmetics View Post
    Very true but lets face it! There is truth behind every rumour!
    I dont believe any of it until I hear both sides of a story.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Easycosmetics View Post
    I have heard many horror stories from paypal! Dont know how they seem to still be able to keep going really with some of the stories that are around!!
    You can find complaints and horror stories on the internet about every company including eBid. For every unhappy customer there are normally thousands of happy customers.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I dont believe any of it until I hear both sides of a story.
    This is also true which is why i said truth behind the rumour.
    Just have to read between the lines. Heard of someone who had just short of 1.5k taken from him by paypal. After some digging found out he was selling counterfeit dvd's (the china import knock offs) so good for paypal in that case and more fool him!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    You can find complaints and horror stories on the internet about every company including eBid. For every unhappy customer there are normally thousands of happy customers.
    I also agree this is for most things "rule of eight"

[I]If a person has a good experience on average they will tel 2/3 people who will tel 1/2;
    If a person has a bad experience they will tell at least 8 who will tell at least 2/I]

Says it all really!

Forum Newbie
    All-About johner64
    View johner64's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sold about 10 Rolex Tudor watches on ebay. On the 11th I stated that anyone with feedback under 10 contact me before bidding. Over the night I got a BUY IT NOW for 600.00 from a member who had a feedback of 3 positive and 4 negative. Even though he did not contact me he paid by paypal and buy it now and the money (this was a couple of years ago) was in my account immediatly. So I figured, what the heck, I got paid and that is that. Three weeks later he emailed me and said that the watch was not authentic.........I knew it was, but told him to send it back to me and I would refund the money he paid. He ignored this and filed a complaint with PAYPAL, who were to investiigate and make a decision if he had a valid complaint or what. It took about a month, but PayPal decided against me, even though PayPal was aware this buyer had terrible feedback, didn't follow my instructions about bidding, and he even called my house and thretened to kill me and tried to report me to my apartment manager that I was a drug dealer. It really sounds unbelieveable, but it's all true. PayPal told the buyer to destroy the watch, and they paid him the money he had paid for the watch, and sent me the bill. Well, that was the end of my business dealings with PayPal and Ebay as they were now one in the same. I had been on Ebay since 1998, and PayPal since 1999, with a feedback of 99%. I refused to pay PayPal the money they reimbursed this buyer as I know that he just had buyers remorse and he is wearing a nice Rolex Tudor on his wrist right now, a watch that he got for free

Forum Newbie
    View Heruur's Feedback (+180)
    All-About Heruur
    View Heruur's Listings
    Forum Posts

I came to ebid a while ago when papal froze my account with over 4 grand in it because they didn't like the number of "potentially high risk" international transactions. I am lucky to get a sale or two in a month with GC. Paypal is convenient until you get your account frozen. They are a horrible and greedy company that knows if they keep the buyers happy, new sellers will step in to sell until they get ripped off by paypal. The reality they created in the mind of the consumer is that it's business with paypal or no business online unless you are selling gray or black market goods or services...
    Heruur Electronic Specialties Co.
    ~If you can DREAM of it We can build it!~
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

If they have to favour one side or t'other, then I for one am glad they favour the buyers.

I prefer my customers to feel they are getting some protection.

I also do a lot of buying online - always using paypal, and am getting some protection that way too.

Thread Information