eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last years disaster around christmas with postage

Default Last years disaster around christmas with postage

Hello all

I'm sure those of us who were selling last December/January remember only too well the horiffic weather conditions which resulted in even the post not being able to get anywhere, let alone most people getting to work etc. Icy Roads and stuff.

On "the other" auction site that we like not to name, I was a top rated seller at this point. As people who are/were TRS's on this auction site know; once you get a certain percentage or number of low detailed seller ratings (1 or 2 star) you lose your TRS status

I recieved 7 low ratings from very ignorant buyers as a result of this, and to this day thats still a black mark (11 months on) preventing me from regaining top rated status.

Do you with it is worth me appealing this with that popular auction site? or will it get me nowhere? (my average ratings are 4.9 on everything!! the requirement is like 4.6!!)

I know I should really be asking this on the other auction sites forum, But I'm not a member of that sites community and have no interest in being so hope someone may be able to advise me here

thanks

Luke

themariobros - UK Based eBid seller

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Last years disaster around christmas with postage

Quote Originally Posted by themariobros View Post
    Hello all

I'm sure those of us who were selling last December/January remember only too well the horiffic weather conditions which resulted in even the post not being able to get anywhere, let alone most people getting to work etc. Icy Roads and stuff.

On "the other" auction site that we like not to name, I was a top rated seller at this point. As people who are/were TRS's on this auction site know; once you get a certain percentage or number of low detailed seller ratings (1 or 2 star) you lose your TRS status

I recieved 7 low ratings from very ignorant buyers as a result of this, and to this day thats still a black mark (11 months on) preventing me from regaining top rated status.

Do you with it is worth me appealing this with that popular auction site? or will it get me nowhere? (my average ratings are 4.9 on everything!! the requirement is like 4.6!!)

I know I should really be asking this on the other auction sites forum, But I'm not a member of that sites community and have no interest in being so hope someone may be able to advise me here

thanks

Luke
    To be honest the TRS now is equivilant to that well know french man Jacques Pooh. You dont get priority for anything they had a mass shake up and all trs sellers are at the bottom of the heap being outranked by cheap hong kong big boy sellers and the private ha ha business sellers pretending to be private seller but under a different name ..flood ebay twice monthly whit so much 99p tat that you dont stand a chance of getting back up high in the ratings.

I look set to lose my TRS very soon and to be totaly honest I dont care its become nothing more than a stick to beat the sellers with.. you have to bend so far over to keep the damed TRS that you are getting shafted good and proper.

Did you by any chance put an extra advise notice on your listings telling people that the weather will delay delivery and that it is out of your hand? Don't think #bay would do anything about it, they're too big but it might be worth asking. There's no problem posting on their site just go to Community-Discussion Boards and follow the instructions. You might be given out to here for this posting but since it affects every seller no matter where you sell you might get away with it. It is a valid question for eBid sellers coming up to the silly season.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Reality check time yet again... if , no, when, it snows and the uk is in its usual trumoil and choas due to snow up and down the country anyone with an atom of common sense would give leeway to an item bought being delayed.

Back in dolly day dream scambay land even if you were up to your neck in snow or floods the buyer would expect you to pop on snow shoes or a life jacket and trek or swim to the nearest post offic ..even if it meant the next town. There you would post the said item only for it to be delayed further down the chain by more snow or flood. How can you expect the ebay buyer to have any feelings for you ??
    You were supposed to take out your hot air gun valiantly battle through the snow metling it as you go and hand deliver their item.Because you didnt you are a bad seller and whoops bang goes your ratings.

The snow is the fault of the seller ..I thought everyone knew that lol

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    Reality check time yet again... if , no, when, it snows and the uk is in its usual trumoil and choas due to snow up and down the country anyone with an atom of common sense would give leeway to an item bought being delayed.

Back in dolly day dream scambay land even if you were up to your neck in snow or floods the buyer would expect you to pop on snow shoes or a life jacket and trek or swim to the nearest post offic ..even if it meant the next town. There you would post the said item only for it to be delayed further down the chain by more snow or flood. How can you expect the ebay buyer to have any feelings for you ??
    You were supposed to take out your hot air gun valiantly battle through the snow metling it as you go and hand deliver their item.Because you didnt you are a bad seller and whoops bang goes your ratings.

The snow is the fault of the seller ..I thought everyone knew that lol
    Lol, very true. I was going to stop listing over there as soon as the frosty weather hit so as to protect my hard earned reputation. I will keep the eBid listings going as buyers here should be more forgiving. I just can't face neg DSR score from buyers who have nothing better to do than criticize. The feedback system here is so much better!

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I also was selling over there during that weather. In cases where I sold to people overseas who might not know about our weather, I messaged them to explain, with a weblink to a relevant BBC news articles so they could see that I wasnt making it up, and I had no problems at all. I must say though I must have been lucky with the buyers I had from this country though, I didnt have any problems at that point.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View WiccaBasketUK's Feedback (+451)
    All-About WiccaBasketUK
    View WiccaBasketUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I too lost my trs during that time and got 5 low dsr's which are still on my account. I dont know how long they will stay there.

Penni
    Not a member yet? Sign up now for free:
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

LMAO HellsGrandma. Genuinely laughing aloud at that - funny because its true.

lodegrundrunner - I did have a notification on my listings, I also notified buyers upon purchase of the same, incase they didnt read my listings. And they still did me over. (This wasnt me not getting the post office btw, I still got to the post office as quick as I would've normally - it was the fact Royal Mail couldnt get around)

Penni, they'll be gone by the end of Jan I think, but that isnt really very useful - because we'll pay full whack fees for the entire christmas rush before our discount is back.

I also apologise if it was inappropriate to ask questions about that site here.

themariobros - UK Based eBid seller

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Send stuff freepost then they can't knock you!

Lost mine last year same thing, apparently if you lose it now you get 2 months grace to put things right and i think if you sell over 400 a month the period is judged over 3 months instead of a year.

Thread Information