Thread: Last years disaster around christmas with postage

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Last years disaster around christmas with postage

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    Lost mine last year same thing, apparently if you lose it now you get 2 months grace to put things right and i think if you sell over 400 a month the period is judged over 3 months instead of a year.
    Ha ha ha ha nearly wet myself laughing at that ... 400 sales a month with the way they are playing fast and loose with visibility ... 95% of people on the boards over there are going down the tubes thanks to ebay and their antics.

I am in fact looking forward to losing my TRS .. seriously I am ..over the past months its been causing me so many sleepelss nights, I worry myself sick that the buyer will for the slightest reason give low ratings without even any contact just because they can.

I dont add any extra on the postage price in fact at times due to my good packaging ive had to pay extra at my own expense .. you would think it would be a straight 5 no chance because the idiot buyers do not give any thought to the fact that its the postal service not me.
    The only drawback with free postage over there is that you have to factor it in to the item price so the buyer passes your item buy for a much cheaper one... its a real catch 22.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

The only drawback with free postage over there is that you have to factor it in to the item price so the buyer passes your item buy for a much cheaper one
    A lot of people searching for items to buy both there, and here, dont realise that you can set your search results to "cheapest first" and that automatically includes BOTH the item price AND the postage, and shows the cheapest total price.

I just found that out because I am "tight" - or economically challenged, whichever sounds better *grin*

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Jan quickly writes down 'economically challenged' in her little book for future use.

Quote Originally Posted by themariobros View Post
    LMAO HellsGrandma. Genuinely laughing aloud at that - funny because its true.

lodegrundrunner - I did have a notification on my listings, I also notified buyers upon purchase of the same, incase they didnt read my listings. And they still did me over. (This wasnt me not getting the post office btw, I still got to the post office as quick as I would've normally - it was the fact Royal Mail couldnt get around)

Penni, they'll be gone by the end of Jan I think, but that isnt really very useful - because we'll pay full whack fees for the entire christmas rush before our discount is back.

I also apologise if it was inappropriate to ask questions about that site here.
    Well then I think you did everything possible as a seller. Unfortunately there are some people out there who just have to complain about something and you got unlucky.
    Last edited by lodegrundrunner; 20th November 2011 at 09:49 AM.

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

Quote Originally Posted by themariobros View Post
    Hello all

I'm sure those of us who were selling last December/January remember only too well the horiffic weather conditions which resulted in even the post not being able to get anywhere, let alone most people getting to work etc. Icy Roads and stuff.

On "the other" auction site that we like not to name, I was a top rated seller at this point. As people who are/were TRS's on this auction site know; once you get a certain percentage or number of low detailed seller ratings (1 or 2 star) you lose your TRS status

I recieved 7 low ratings from very ignorant buyers as a result of this, and to this day thats still a black mark (11 months on) preventing me from regaining top rated status.

Do you with it is worth me appealing this with that popular auction site? or will it get me nowhere? (my average ratings are 4.9 on everything!! the requirement is like 4.6!!)

I know I should really be asking this on the other auction sites forum, But I'm not a member of that sites community and have no interest in being so hope someone may be able to advise me here

thanks

Luke
    Might be worthwhile appealing - there is a news item on their site dated 20th January dealing with these exact circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by darklisruthven View Post
    A lot of people searching for items to buy both there, and here, dont realise that you can set your search results to "cheapest first" and that automatically includes BOTH the item price AND the postage, and shows the cheapest total price.

I just found that out because I am "tight" - or economically challenged, whichever sounds better *grin*
    Trouble is on both sides most people stick with the default which over there is best match and what a mess that is for the buyer and the seller.

Just to give you an update on my email appeal to them, they completely ignored me. Nice eh. You wouldnt think I was paying them nearly £500 of fees a month.

I'll keep my post tasteful, and end it there!!

themariobros - UK Based eBid seller

I remember a couple of yeatrs back some bright spark in management said postpersons should be able to deliver post at a avr speed of 4 miles an hour, having done a bit of walking with a back pack you would have to be well fit to average 3 miles an hour.

When this idiot was challenged to try it he declined.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

When this idiot was challenged to try it he declined.
    hmmm... I hope he saw sense after that.

I fell in a swamp last week with a large bag on my back.

Good times.

Fortunately, I was not on my way to the post office.

themariobros - UK Based eBid seller

Thread Information