eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postage and perhaps that shopping cart feel???

Default Postage and perhaps that shopping cart feel???

Good evening,
    I have a large number of smaller items to list and would like buyers to buy more than one item. I have chosen to put 'not known' on the postage for each item.
    My question is perhaps a simple one, although I'm not sure of it
    If the customer buys and item....do I then have to put in a final postage value? If this is the case then it means, effectively, the customer would be able to buy a variety of items, checkout and then the postage can be calculated (by me) to give a final purchase value.
    This would be an ideal solution and all future business would be done via eBid.
    Is this the case or am I hoping for too much? :P
    Thanks
    Patrick
    Butterfly Effects
    *insert lots of information for a signature* - done!

Default Re: Postage and perhaps that shopping cart feel???

Quote Originally Posted by buysomethingnice View Post
    Good evening,
    I have a large number of smaller items to list and would like buyers to buy more than one item. I have chosen to put 'not known' on the postage for each item.
    If the customer buys and item....do I then have to put in a final postage value? If this is the case then it means, effectively, the customer would be able to buy a variety of items, checkout and then the postage can be calculated (by me) to give a final purchase value.
    Thanks
    Patrick
    Not replying to your question, but a few observations. Have you thought of doing the calculated postage method by weighing each item and adding a common box/packaging weight to each item? Then you can deduct the excess packaging weight if a customer purchases more than one.

As a buyer, I never purchase from a listing where the postage is not clearly stated. I skip those listings and select between those that have the S&H declared. That way I can easily compare the full price (list price plus S&H) amongst the sellers. I don't want to spend time emailing sellers to ask the S&H to my address, since I will not buy from them if the total price is too high.

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

I've just looked at your listings, and noticed that instead of individual info, you seem to have one generic pic and statement for all your VHS tapes:

"You're looking at an original VHS tape of the film/programme detailed in the description.

The certificate of the item is given in brackets.

To save time and costs, if you need more information on the contents then I would suggest looking at Google or IMDB. I may have watched most of them so you're welcome to ask for my opinion.

I have elected not to put the postage price on there. These each weigh about 400-450g and will be send by Royal Mail using whatever service you prefer and added to final price. If you order more than one then the postage will increase as per the weight/price table available on the RM website.

Any questions then please ask – the picture is just a representation."

I don't know if you want a customer's viewpoint on your listings, but if you do, I would say:

I don't buy from a listing that doesn't have a clear picture of the item itself on sale. A picture that is showing a multitude of items, one of which may or may not be the item for sale, does not entice me.

I also expect the seller to take the time to provide an adequate description of the item for sale, not tell me to go look it up. When the seller provides a description on the listing, I know the seller can be held to account if the item is not as described.

When used goods are listed, I want a seller to tell me what kind of wear is involved, if any.

Also, if you, the seller, have an opinion about a particular item you have used, why not include it in the listing to encourage an impulse purchase? An impulse purchaser won't want to wait a day or 2 to receive an answer from their email to you. Their impulse to buy may have led them to purchase from a different seller a few minutes after looking at your listing. Just a thought!

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good evening,
    Thanks
    Patrick
    You need to contact support@ebid.net and ask them to fix all of your auction listings. They are totally out of whack.

Stratford, Greater London, United Kingdom
    View billsstamps's Feedback (+31695)
    All-About billsstamps
    View billsstamps's Listings
    Forum Posts

I often sell a number of stamps or a number of books at the same time.

My listing indicates that there are postage discounts.

In AAL you have the option of creating an invoice for all items.

I create an invoice with any quantity discounts, (like Baker's dozen 13 stamps for the price of 12) and postal discounts (reweigh books and set new postage, or one P&P no matter how many stamps)

Job done
    Rev Dr Bill Hopkinson,
    Retired professor

BillsStamps

around 50000 stamps listed, based in London

When more than one item sells to the same buyer I am delighted!
    - only takes a minute to reweigh and give a discount...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    When more than one item sells to the same buyer I am delighted!
    - only takes a minute to reweigh and give a discount...
    Agree 110%. As a seller I combine shipping on jewelry items (easy as they all fit in the same box) and would be glad to do so on books as well, (though they'd have to be weighed at the P.O. d/t media mail rates being slightly different for different regions). At present I use the following notice on my listings:

USPS will be raising rates as of 1/22/12, purchase before 1/22 to save on shipping. Combined shipping is/will continue to be
    available on all jewelry items. Ask seller about combined shipping options for non-jewelry items.

Obviously this notice will be changing soon, re: shipping, but the bit about combined postage will stay as is.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thanks for the replies. The reason there is a generic pic and description for the videos is that it would cost me more, in time, than I would get from selling them for 99p, but I see your point.
    Will amend accordingly.
    Not sure exactly what 'out of whack' is supposed to mean though, but I will assume it means something like the other replies.
    Thanks for the advice.
    P
    Butterfly Effects
    *insert lots of information for a signature* - done!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks for the replies. The reason there is a generic pic and description for the videos is that it would cost me more, in time, than I would get from selling them for 99p, but I see your point.
    Will amend accordingly.
    Not sure exactly what 'out of whack' is supposed to mean though, but I will assume it means something like the other replies.
    Thanks for the advice.
    P
    Out of whack meaning all of your listing pages are disjointed as if you or someone has messed around with eBid's format. All the information/images are not where they should be.

Will amend accordingly.
    Thanks for the advice.
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Out of whack meaning all of your listing pages are disjointed as if you or someone has messed around with eBid's format. All the information/images are not where they should be.
    You need to remove the
    Code:
    <body> </body>
    tags from your auction descriptions, they are messing with the eBid page layout.
    The body tag for the whole listing page, is, & should be, set by eBid,
    the auction description is just one part of that page, set within its own div tags.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information