Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Why when "No Reserve" is ticked on auctions can't I bulk edit the prices?

Default Why when "No Reserve" is ticked on auctions can't I bulk edit the prices?

This keeps happening. This time I have 5 DVD prices I tried to lower via Bulk Edit, but they all failed.

Reason: "Buynow Error : BuyNow price must be more than or equal to reserve price."

Well, none of my auctions have reserves. I always tick the No Reserves box.

So it is annoying when this happens and I have to do a manual instead of bulk edit.

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...le=Vs-Sundries

But I love, love, lovethe Bulk Edit when it works! Such a great time-saver!

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Why when "No Reserve" is ticked on auctions can't I bulk edit the prices?

In effect, your starting price *is* a reserve i.e. you're not going to sell for less than that and the bulk editor is just being pedantic. If you put the same price in the starting and reserve boxes it'll process the edit.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Default Re: Why when "No Reserve" is ticked on auctions can't I bulk edit the prices?

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    In effect, your starting price *is* a reserve i.e. you're not going to sell for less than that and the bulk editor is just being pedantic. If you put the same price in the starting and reserve boxes it'll process the edit.
    That's what I end up doing every time I have to manually edit. But I always tick the "No Reserve" option on every listing when it is offered.

It is a small annoyance when this happens. (It is possible it is only happening on my listings that have only 1 quantity of the item, but I can't vouch that for certain.)

In this case with the 5 DVDs, I was lowering both the bid price and the bin price.

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Virtueandpraise View Post
    This keeps happening. This time I have 5 DVD prices I tried to lower via Bulk Edit, but they all failed.

Reason: "Buynow Error : BuyNow price must be more than or equal to reserve price."

Well, none of my auctions have reserves. I always tick the No Reserves box.

So it is annoying when this happens and I have to do a manual instead of bulk edit.

http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...le=Vs-Sundries

But I love, love, lovethe Bulk Edit when it works! Such a great time-saver!
    Can you give us an example auction and the prices you are trying to change to/from.

BuyNow prices can never be less that the reserve (single item) or starting price (multi item auction).

thx
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Can you give us an example auction and the prices you are trying to change to/from.

BuyNow prices can never be less that the reserve (single item) or starting price (multi item auction).

thx
    Thank you.

I am going to use the same 5 DVDs to illustrate my problem. http://us.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...le=Vs-Sundries

Their auction IDs are:

I have just tried to bulk edit their prices and failed again. The prices are currently $4.75 bid, and $5 BIN.

I just tried to bulk edit the prices back to $5 bid, and $6 BIN.

Reason given for failure to bulk edit: "Reserve Error."

Live, Learn, and Laugh -

Virtueandpraise

Thread Information