Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pond life

Forum Newbie
    View FRANCIS2000's Feedback (+87)
    All-About FRANCIS2000
    View FRANCIS2000's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry pond life

sorry but its my rant time (bad day and it got no better)
    pond life ,that's what its come down to pond life, we did a car boot sale to-day all we could see crawling round on the scrounge was pond lif, for years we have fed them encouraged them, lowerd our prices down to the bone, now we are working for next to nothing, all because we bent over backwards lowering prices again and again all for what ??? to feed this low life pond life, were has it got us i ask ??sales on here are slow its all down to pond life they are not just looking for a good dealas i must say on here sellers give the best deals around its the pond lifelooking to get something forless than it cost to produce, profit is not a dirty word( well to pond life it is) it keeps people in work, in house and home, dos the pond life care??? no as long as they can put one over you, or get something for next to note or better still free, as in not received in post, well i for one have had enough, quality goods quality service cost,larg shops are now finding to their cost cutting prices time and time again for pond life dos not pay, take a long look at the high street what happens when you keep lowering prices so pond life will spend, POND LIFE DO NOT SPEND, they will not pay the going rate, they only care about themselves first and last, its time to start seving the quality customer again and only the quality customers, YES quality customers are still out their, no they dont mind paying for quality goods and quality service
    quality customers pass by sites that are cheap as ceap means crap goods crap service in their eyes , this is a fact of life , list quality goods at a quality price make this a quality ste to be proud off , put it this way quality not quantity , quality sells
    end of rant

Default Re: pond life

I am constantly on the look-out for items at below the sellers perceived selling price.

I spend a lot of time looking for such items.

Therefore, I guess I am pond life - and proud of it.

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1964)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry to hear that you had a bad day...tomorrow will be better

The quality customers will find you on eBid and if they want the item, they will pay the price you are willing to sell the item for.

View shelleywelley's Feedback (+391)
    All-About shelleywelley
    View shelleywelley's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think there is a vast difference between looking for or getting a bargain and being pond life.

If on a car boot sale, I would expect a haggle. I don't mind this so long as the offer is a reasonable one. I do get annoyed at those who blatantly try to rip you off, these are closer to the pond life definition in my mind.

There are plenty around who seem to think the world owes them a favour and they should be given everything for nothing. Then, by the same token, there are plenty of lovely, kind, generous people.

Don't let the not so good drag you down.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FRANCIS2000 View Post
    sorry but its my rant time (bad day and it got no better)
    pond life ,that's what its come down to pond life, we did a car boot sale to-day all we could see crawling round on the scrounge was pond lif, for years we have fed them encouraged them, lowerd our prices down to the bone, now we are working for next to nothing, all because we bent over backwards lowering prices again and again all for what ??? to feed this low life pond life, were has it got us i ask ??sales on here are slow its all down to pond life they are not just looking for a good dealas i must say on here sellers give the best deals around its the pond lifelooking to get something forless than it cost to produce, profit is not a dirty word( well to pond life it is) it keeps people in work, in house and home, dos the pond life care??? no as long as they can put one over you, or get something for next to note or better still free, as in not received in post, well i for one have had enough, quality goods quality service cost,larg shops are now finding to their cost cutting prices time and time again for pond life dos not pay, take a long look at the high street what happens when you keep lowering prices so pond life will spend, POND LIFE DO NOT SPEND, they will not pay the going rate, they only care about themselves first and last, its time to start seving the quality customer again and only the quality customers, YES quality customers are still out their, no they dont mind paying for quality goods and quality service
    quality customers pass by sites that are cheap as ceap means crap goods crap service in their eyes , this is a fact of life , list quality goods at a quality price make this a quality ste to be proud off , put it this way quality not quantity , quality sells
    end of rant
    had a few myself this particular pond life bought a couple of items via me here then he wanted to buy the entire stock and at a knock down price i said no and blocked him he new this particulare item was not available [ new anywere else in the world so he thought he could sell it on at a proffit , i advised him not only did i want the proffitt for myself i wanted to attract the customers here to ebid and it had taken me a long time to source this item.

theres always some one who appreciates your items and there worth and willing to pay the going rate sadly it always seems to be pond life trying to get in there first if they havent the ability and contacts to source items for themselves why should they try to monopolise you and your stock, there basicly competiton or trying to be] and should be treated as such
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Rotherham, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View PATRIOT73's Feedback (+173)
    All-About PATRIOT73
    View PATRIOT73's Listings
    Forum Posts

lookin fer anything at best price possible is human nature

its like havin fish wiv chips.............................gus hand in hand
    "WALKING IS DEFINITELY OVERRATED"

Forum Diehard
    View JJcards's Feedback (+1672)
    All-About JJcards
    View JJcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't mind when I do these sales if someone tries to haggle,it is expected but when I have a tag of 75$ on something and a fella asks if I can go 10 on it well I would like to boot his rear back to the pond he crawled from

Heck I haggle with sellers but within reason,if I see something worth more than it is priced I will grab it if I can use it but in no way shape or form would I try to cut a seller down to 75-90% of what they are asking and the folk who do lowball sellers to the point of frustration need to be on the other end,just once I would like to run into one of em selling stuff so I can say take 5$ for your 200$ item and hope they remember me and walk on by next time they see me selling stuff

Pond life? Who do you think you are? Car-booties are full of people wandering about without any real intention of buying - same as the old Jumble Sales. Hopefully they will see something and be tempted.

Some people do well at 'booties and some don't. Think with your attitude you should give them a miss.... you will get further with a laugh and a joke and a bit of banter and if people see a happy stall they are curious, come over and buy....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Works both ways.I have seen things at boot sales with a price way above retail.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

I dont know what I would be, I luv getting what I could for nowt or next to nothing but there are some things that I am willing to pay that bit extra for mainly because of the quality of the item.

I recently had my kitchen done, I wanted a good top of the range microwave (neff) but in doing so I i paid a lot less for something else, even then I searched high a low for the cheapest price for the microwave.

where as if i buying say a writing pad, I would never ever pay out dear for one a cheap pukka pad would suit me fine
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Thread Information