eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things that might help the site.

Cool Things that might help the site.

1. I would like to suggest changing the sunglasses next to the users name from "low feedback" to "New Seller" when you hold the cusror over it.

The reason I suggest this is the first time I looked at this site I wouldn't even think of bidding on an item from someone with "low feedback". I can see the low number anyways and really don't need to read "Low Feedback" and "New Seller" doesn't set off alarms for me anyway. Just a thought.

2. When auction are ran "Until Sold" there should be a limit on the amount of time between the seller checking in on their auctions. Example I looked at an auction this morning and was going to bid until I saw that the user hasn't checked in on their auctions sense last year 2011.

I know I could email them but a new user to the site might not notice and pay and then get mad when their item doesn't show up and write to the staff at Ebid to complain. I have to admit if I was a new user and this happened I probably wouldn't return.

As always I hope everyone is doing well selling. I haven't listed anything lately and have been doing a local Flea Market. <--- but I wear my Ebid Tee Shirt at least one day a week there. I have had people ask me about the site and I suggest they check it out.

Anyways keep on selling.

Default Re: Things that might help the site.

You are correct about "New Seller" having a less ominous connotation than "Low Feedback". I know how annoyed I was when I first started selling here. I also remember trying to buy a few items to get some feedback, and a lot of sellers wouldn't sell to anyone with the sunglasses. So I found some things I wanted from other sellers with "Low Feedback." I think that has changed now, eBid is growing too fast for sellers to turn away new members.

There already is a time limit requiring sellers to check in periodically. We haven't been told exactly how long the time limit is. There are quite a few old threads discussing the problem. PLEASE report the seller you found (send an email to support@ebid.net), and ask them to check.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5881)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I opened this thread with a sinking heart thinking "Oh, no! Another newbie who thinks he can fix eBid" but I was wrong!

OP, I totally agree with you. Welcome and I wish you every success here and at your Flea Market!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phantom692 View Post
    1. I would like to suggest changing the sunglasses next to the users name from "low feedback" to "New Seller" when you hold the cusror over it.

The reason I suggest this is the first time I looked at this site I wouldn't even think of bidding on an item from someone with "low feedback". I can see the low number anyways and really don't need to read "Low Feedback" and "New Seller" doesn't set off alarms for me anyway. Just a thought.

2. When auction are ran "Until Sold" there should be a limit on the amount of time between the seller checking in on their auctions. Example I looked at an auction this morning and was going to bid until I saw that the user hasn't checked in on their auctions sense last year 2011.

I know I could email them but a new user to the site might not notice and pay and then get mad when their item doesn't show up and write to the staff at Ebid to complain. I have to admit if I was a new user and this happened I probably wouldn't return.

As always I hope everyone is doing well selling. I haven't listed anything lately and have been doing a local Flea Market. <--- but I wear my Ebid Tee Shirt at least one day a week there. I have had people ask me about the site and I suggest they check it out.

Anyways keep on selling.
    Good points, and while both have been made in different ways before it's nice to get confirmation, and I particularly like the wording change in number one as that's a neat solution to a problem that really bugs some people. Welcome aboard!

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Will get the wording changed for next upgrade.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Smooth.

I can't find a LIke button.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I opened this thread with a sinking heart thinking "Oh, no! Another newbie who thinks he can fix eBid" but I was wrong!

OP, I totally agree with you. Welcome and I wish you every success here and at your Flea Market!
    Yes, and so do I!

Thanks for your input phantom, and as you can see, your suggestion was replied to in a favourable manner.
    Bravo !
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Having the sunglasses 'wording' changed to 'new seller' won't make much sense for buyers only.

I suggest the wording could be 'new member' instead?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Having the sunglasses 'wording' changed to 'new seller' won't make much sense for buyers only.

I suggest the wording could be 'new member' instead?
    I guess, but it really only matters for sellers, doesn't it?

I suppose since they know what sort of member they are, they can show seller or buyer as appropriate.
    Last edited by bykimbo; 20th April 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Thread Information