eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallery Pictures

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinkbarbie23
    View pinkbarbie23's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Gallery Pictures

I was searching through collectibles just now and I noticed how many people do not use the Gallery to show the item pictures. Yes, I know it costs a whole 2%, yes I know it is something that should be included in any membership, however most people including myself are not going to click into each individual item to see the picture. That is ridiculous just do the Gallery. The items aren't really selling here that much anyway so if anything at all it will help. If I were not a seller and didn't know how it worked I would think that the site wasn't loading properly and get really frustrated. I personally feel that when the items picture isn't loaded into the gallery it makes the site look really unattractive. This is definately an issue that somehow needs to be addressed.

Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View sheffieldtony's Feedback (+1287)
    All-About sheffieldtony
    View sheffieldtony's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Gallery Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by pinkbarbie23 View Post
    I was searching through collectibles just now and I noticed how many people do not use the Gallery to show the item pictures. Yes, I know it costs a whole 2%, yes I know it is something that should be included in any membership, however most people including myself are not going to click into each individual item to see the picture. That is ridiculous just do the Gallery. The items aren't really selling here that much anyway so if anything at all it will help. If I were not a seller and didn't know how it worked I would think that the site wasn't loading properly and get really frustrated. I personally feel that when the items picture isn't loaded into the gallery it makes the site look really unattractive. This is definately an issue that somehow needs to be addressed.
    Personally I would not look at an item if it does not have a gallery pic. For what it costs to have a pic, it seems like penny pinching to me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/OldPostcards

Click on Link & Join EBid.
    http://www.ebid.net/uk/buddy/317570

Quote Originally Posted by sheffieldtony View Post
    Personally I would not look at an item if it does not have a gallery pic. For what it costs to have a pic, it seems like penny pinching to me.
    Yes, for the measly 2% it does seem a bit hopeful to get views. OTOH, as a buyer I may just snaffle something that other buyers pass over.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is definately an issue that somehow needs to be addressed.
    While I totally agree with your OP on some sellers not using gallery pics, I fail to understand how eBid is supposed to "address" the issue. It's up to a seller whether they use gallery vs. no pic. As Tony said, I will not click on a listing that has the dreaded "camera icon" ... not worth my time. It's a seller's loss when they won't spend 1% FVF more to have gallery pics.

It is a wasted opportunity for prospective sellers. They will only pay the 2% if they sell, and personally I would rather pay 2% and get the sale than 0% without the sale.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    It is a wasted opportunity for prospective sellers. They will only pay the 2% if they sell, and personally I would rather pay 2% and get the sale than 0% without the sale.
    Agree 110%.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Absolutely.
    I am only just starting on here and have been listing some paintings and prints...I have been trying to work out how to put on a gallery picture..I cant seem to get it , have been trying...need to have gallery pics but cant do it..please can you help

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pamelajonesart View Post
    I am only just starting on here and have been listing some paintings and prints...I have been trying to work out how to put on a gallery picture..I cant seem to get it , have been trying...need to have gallery pics but cant do it..please can you help
    I just looked at your auctions and they are gallery auctions so no problem.
    When listing just make sure you have selected the gallery option in Section 4.

And Welcome to the Forum!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information