eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CONFUSED with the sellers feedback.

Forum Newbie
    All-About CollectorsPlus
    View CollectorsPlus's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: CONFUSED with the sellers feedback.

Can you please tell me how I would even go about finding somebody with feedback or at least showing a bid on a solitary auction listing. Ebid does not make it easy to navigate to what would normally be straight-forward on other sites. Talk about confused - I have to go in and out of a mulititude of listings and constantly see zero bids. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CollectorsPlus View Post
    Can you please tell me how I would even go about finding somebody with feedback or at least showing a bid on a solitary auction listing. Ebid does not make it easy to navigate to what would normally be straight-forward on other sites. Talk about confused - I have to go in and out of a mulititude of listings and constantly see zero bids. What am I doing wrong???

Thanks

look at the other sellers who have replied on this thread for FB its already been stated FB is not a good indication of sales. ebid is not other sites you need a fresh mind set here , most sales on this site are buy nows, all my sales are this way ive sold 400 notes worth this month alone and theres still a long way to go.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks
    Most forum members have feedback, some have imported fb from other sites, while others have all fb from eBid. As stated already, not all buyers (or even most buyers) leave feedback, so it's difficult to judge sales from a fb perspective alone.

As Sid mentioned, many sales occur through BIN, so you won't see bids associated with these. If you want to see items with bids, check out the Popular auctions section on the homepage, (bottom of the homepage, under Exciting Auctions, popular tab).

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    Last edited by suesjools; 11th January 2013 at 01:07 AM.

Thanks
    Look to the left of where I'm typing now and under my user name you will see my feedback number.

If you want to see the things with bids on click on the big ebid button top left of this page which will take you to the front page. Click on the 'Popular' tab and then click on the little 'More' tab to the left. This will bring up a list of things with bids.

As Sid says lots of items sell here by 'Buy it Now' as we have to have a BIN price alongside our auction price to get our listings onto Google Products.

Note to self ... must learn to type faster than suesjools !
    Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 11th January 2013 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mugsxpress View Post
    hello and thanks for your reply..

how long have you been on ebid and how many sales do you do on average. Cos i am looking at others that sell what i sell and it does not look good. Sellers that have been on here for a couple of years still with less than 100 feedback and we have just done the xmas period..

I got 500 feedback over the xmas period on ebay and approx 700 sales.
    Wow! I am impressed that you had so many sales and such good exposure and traffic at ebay. It is hard to see why you would leave there and come here. Why not "stay there" for a while and move here...then drop ebay when you are satisfied that ebid alone will satisfy your needs? I have, just earlier this month, done the same thing. I sell my own art. If I had to depend upon my own sales here or on ebay...I would be the proverbial "starving artist"! Do your customers at ebay know that you have come to ebid?

pastorharry

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastorharry View Post
    Wow! I am impressed that you had so many sales and such good exposure and traffic at ebay. It is hard to see why you would leave there and come here. Why not "stay there" for a while and move here...then drop ebay when you are satisfied that ebid alone will satisfy your needs? I have, just earlier this month, done the same thing. I sell my own art. If I had to depend upon my own sales here or on ebay...I would be the proverbial "starving artist"! Do your customers at ebay know that you have come to ebid?

pastorharry
    Great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by mugsxpress View Post
    hello and thanks for your reply..

how long have you been on ebid and how many sales do you do on average. Cos i am looking at others that sell what i sell and it does not look good. Sellers that have been on here for a couple of years still with less than 100 feedback and we have just done the xmas period..

I got 500 feedback over the xmas period on ebay and approx 700 sales.
    While it's great that things are going so well on eBay at the moment, maybe you should also consider the direction eBay is heading and the attitude of their management and start to plan an escape strategy. Back in 1912 people were having a great time on a ship called the Titanic. But due to it's course and the atitude of Captain Smith and the owners things did not turn out too great.

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to agree with Kreative, I sell on both sites, but I vastly prefer ebid due to it being a safer platform for both buying and selling due to admin and feedback policies.

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am new to ebid too having defected from ebay because of their high handed approach to sellers and the sky high fees. . However, how does one get established with zero feedback? Yes I could import my 1500 plus feedback from ebay but that, to me, would be unethical and misleading to buyers on ebid. I have some items listed on ebid at the moment but not a single bid in sight but even worse very few views. Maybe I should go back to ebay, better the devil you know!

Forum Lurker
    View stampsandcoins1's Feedback (+272)
    All-About stampsandcoins1
    View stampsandcoins1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am new to ebid and worried that because I have zero feedback no one would be interested in my stock. I could import my feedback of 1500 100% feedback from ebay but I would consider that unethical and misleading to ebid buyers. It sounds to me that it is very difficult to get established on ebid, maybe I should go back to ebay, better the devil you know!

Thread Information