eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't Ebid show the number of bids in the galleries?

Default Re: Why doesn't Ebid show the number of bids in the galleries?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Maybe that's because there's no Bids shown.

If they started to show bids it might start to become an active auction site
    So people bid for things because they see other people bidding for them? Is that really true?

Personally I go looking for items I need and I decide what price I'm prepared to pay. If there aren't other bidders yet, that raises my hopes I may snag a bargain.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnwash1 View Post
    So people bid for things because they see other people bidding for them? Is that really true?
    That's a concept that I have never been able to grasp - but seems to be held by a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    That's a concept that I have never been able to grasp - but seems to be held by a lot of people.
    The only time I had a bidding war on this site was when there was a bid column, which was many years ago when I first started. I had a Star Wars figure and 2 buyers bid it up to $45. That was fun to watch. After the bid column was taken away, I have never had a bidding war again. So it must work.

After the bid column was removed, I put BINs on my items so they would be uploaded to google. I don't think there will ever be a bid column on this site, though ebid does call itself an auction site.
    Last edited by florida33549; 8th September 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    The only time I had a bidding war on this site was when there was a bid column, which was many years ago when I first started. I had a Star Wars figure and 2 buyers bid it up to $45. That was fun to watch. After the bid column was taken away, I have never had a bidding war again. So it must work.

After the bid column was removed, I put BINs on my items so they would be uploaded to google. I don't think there will ever be a bid column on this site, though ebid does call itself an auction site.

One example is definitely not conclusive proof. It is extrapolating well beyond the data available.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    One example is definitely not conclusive proof. It is extrapolating well beyond the data available.
    Could be. You have your opinion. I have mine. But it really doesn't matter what I think. eBid decided a long time ago that a bid column was not in their plans, so I have to live with their decision.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid decided a long time ago that a bid column was not in their plans, so I have to live with their decision.
    I have been on this site for sometime and so have you. One thing that I have appreciated here are the steady (even if slow) changes that have occurred on eBid. One example is the addition of the "MAO" feature. That feature was requested for a long time, and I'm sure there were many users who thought it would never come; but it did, and is reportedly effective.

My favorite buying platform is bidding, with outrageous low start rate, and free s/h. I can understand why eBid removed it long ago...........it was deemed detrimental to sales. That was then, this is now. There has been substantial growth to the site; it would not hurt to run a trial period of showing the bids. So many sellers have been asking for a bid column (visible bids); they have been asking for a long time (note the age of this thread and many others); why not a trial now of a bid column.

Bidding wars and seeing the bids is exciting and fun. BTW, there are bidding wars that can be seen on the front page, top right "Receiving most bids" link. The time for a trial may be now........no better time than the present. Please eBid, consider a trial run of showing the bids. Particularly in light of the fact that many new eBayers are migrating over here now, due to the most recent changes over there.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    I have been on this site for sometime and so have you. One thing that I have appreciated here are the steady (even if slow) changes that have occurred on eBid. One example is the addition of the "MAO" feature. That feature was requested for a long time, and I'm sure there were many users who thought it would never come; but it did, and is reportedly effective.

My favorite buying platform is bidding, with outrageous low start rate, and free s/h. I can understand why eBid removed it long ago...........it was deemed detrimental to sales. That was then, this is now. There has been substantial growth to the site; it would not hurt to run a trial period of showing the bids. So many sellers have been asking for a bid column (visible bids); they have been asking for a long time (note the age of this thread and many others); why not a trial now of a bid column.

Bidding wars and seeing the bids is exciting and fun. BTW, there are bidding wars that can be seen on the front page, top right "Receiving most bids" link. The time for a trial may be now........no better time than the present. Please eBid, consider a trial run of showing the bids. Particularly in light of the fact that many new eBayers are migrating over here now, due to the most recent changes over there.
    It would be nice.

I have always heard the argument that lack of bids showing was detrimental to the site so they removed the bid column. If that's the case, they should do away with the 'views' column which to me is more detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    Could be. You have your opinion. I have mine. But it really doesn't matter what I think. eBid decided a long time ago that a bid column was not in their plans, so I have to live with their decision.
    Indeed so. And who do you suppose DOES have a lot of data available? Who could that be? I wonder??

Why, eBid's owners, of course!

Long long ago they demonstrated they do have the technology to show the bids. But they've decided, up to the present time, not to show them. So either they're clueless idiots who should be listening to the opinions presented here on the basis of virtually no data, or else...

By the way, I suspect I've missed something (and no, I'm not being sarcastic). People keep saying this site is moving away from being an auction site, and recommending use of BIN. I've put very little on the site recently, so I've not been keeping track of changes, and all this Google shopping stuff goes over my head. I have various items in my attic that I'd be happy to sell rather than dump in landfill. I normally tackle this by putting on a somewhat low start price (but quite expecting it will be the only bid) along with a BIN price a bit higher, aimed at those who are impatient. Is this way of doing it being phased out?
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be nice.

I have always heard the argument that lack of bids showing was detrimental to the site so they removed the bid column. If that's the case, they should do away with the 'views' column which to me is more detrimental.
    A cummulative view column can present a bleak picture. I believe there is a way to get the views to reset; an option/preference selection.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    A cummulative view column can present a bleak picture. I believe there is a way to get the views to reset; an option/preference selection.
    I was referring to 'lack of views'.

Thread Information