eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Number of listings shrink categories increase...........

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Number of listings shrink categories increase...........

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    I repeat my question.

Are you prepared to pay for it ?

no ebid should pay for it

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    I repeat my question.

Are you prepared to pay for it ?
    Yes!

Forum Saint
    All-About tonyreddevil
    Forum Posts

no ebid

View Teddyrose54's Feedback (+158)
    All-About Teddyrose54
    View Teddyrose54's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I think most of us have already paid.

Maybe it is time for the people who keep posting negatively about eBid to walk their talk.

If you do not like empty categories or if you think you know of products that would sell like hot cakes on eBid, please get the stock yourself and start listing it and tell us how you get on. Tell us whether what you have been saying was correct or not. Please do not stand on the sidelines constantly moaning and doing nothing because that does not get anybody anywhere.

If you want a low cost selling environment like the one on eBid, you cannot expect extensive and regular advertising on television, radio, the printed media and the internet. Such advertising has to be paid for. If you want it, expect to pay eBay type fees.

I for one breathe regular sighs of relief that the management of this site do not constantly change the rules of the site and do not keep messing around with constant changes to the presentation of the site. I am grateful that they allow sellers to use their time effectively and enable them to get on with the job of listing and selling by having a nice looking straightforward to use site that does not get overcomplicated and so does not make sellers lose more time listing than is necessary – unlike a competitor site that I could mention.

No disrespect to anybody intended but Tazbar started off with one business model and changed to a different business model mid-life and then ran out of cash and went bust. EBid has survived for a long time and has outlasted a lot of dot com businesses that also did not make it so the management here must be doing something right. The eBid management should be given credit for that.

And to give some sense of perspective, I can remember when there were only around a quarter of a million listings across the various eBid sites.

Forum Saint
    All-About tonyreddevil
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post
    Maybe it is time for the people who keep posting negatively about eBid to walk their talk.

If you do not like empty categories or if you think you know of products that would sell like hot cakes on eBid, please get the stock yourself and start listing it and tell us how you get on. Tell us whether what you have been saying was correct or not. Please do not stand on the sidelines constantly moaning and doing nothing because that does not get anybody anywhere.

If you want a low cost selling environment like the one on eBid, you cannot expect extensive and regular advertising on television, radio, the printed media and the internet. Such advertising has to be paid for. If you want it, expect to pay eBay type fees.

I for one breathe regular sighs of relief that the management of this site do not constantly change the rules of the site and do not keep messing around with constant changes to the presentation of the site. I am grateful that they allow sellers to use their time effectively and enable them to get on with the job of listing and selling by having a nice looking straightforward to use site that does not get overcomplicated and so does not make sellers lose more time listing than is necessary – unlike a competitor site that I could mention.

No disrespect to anybody intended but Tazbar started off with one business model and changed to a different business model mid-life and then ran out of cash and went bust. EBid has survived for a long time and has outlasted a lot of dot com businesses that also did not make it so the management here must be doing something right. The eBid management should be given credit for that.

And to give some sense of perspective, I can remember when there were only around a quarter of a million listings across the various eBid sites.
    Yes i was on Tazbar and althought it failed it was far more more a friendly site than Ebid.Definelty

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by westlondoncarparts View Post

I guess I was pointed out as posting negativity so I will respond.

My posts point out observations. I do not complain sales aren't what they should be nor do I complain I am not selling. I will however comment when I see others complaining as such or when I see the same advice over and over and over again with nothing more than a wish and a prayer looking to the future. My entire point of my main post here is bringing out the fact eBidders are busting their a$#'s promoting this site while eBid does little.
    I have already walked the talk before I came here. What needs to be done to similate that walk here is not something I wish to do but I will keep my 3 (almost) exclusive listings here.

Same items which would sell like hotcakes elsewhere Iphones, Playstations and xboxes. No where am I going to get the money to invest in that?
    If eBidders cannot handle the true observations and wish to live in Fantasy land stop blaming forum users for negative remarks. Fix it as you all have been doing for how many years?

I
    f you want a low cost selling environment like the one on eBid, you cannot expect extensive and regular advertising on television, radio, the printed media and the internet. Such advertising has to be paid for. If you want it, expect to pay eBay type fees.
    Least amount of cost is great but fees here are too cheap IMHO. To have full variety of categories filled and buyers coming here direct instead of counting on Google, I would be more than happy to pay additional fees.

I agree.

Okay credit eBid for that!! Don't really care about Tazbar or what or how they did.

I'm not sure what your point is but 1/4 of a million listings how long ago and well under 4 million now? Is everybody supposed to be impressed with those numbers? Considering the categories which are either empty of full and what items make up the majority of the current listings I'm not impressed nor should anybody care if I am. If you are impressed with that growth then hurrah for you!
    You mention current sellers should fill the categories which I find a ridiculous statement. Why would a coin collector desire to get involved with electronics or musical instruments? Why would an auto mechanic want to start selling table linens along with carburetors.
    Why can't we as sellers desire Table linen sellers, musical instrument sellers etc come over to sell there wares? Or is the opinion here just fill the categories regardless if the seller knows anything about the items or not.
    My walk/talk for here is, eBid do something to help your own site. Get us more visitors!! Everybody here works hard to bring in new folks why can't eBid?

Forum Saint
    All-About tonyreddevil
    Forum Posts

i agree ebid should have enormous plans to advertise.?

Forum Master
    View tony41's Feedback (+10051)
    All-About tony41
    View tony41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    i agree ebid should have enormous plans to advertise.?
    There is no way eBid can mount an enormous advertising campaign. Earlier, you said that eBid should pay for greater advertising but that you were not prepared to pay for it. Make no mistake, the only eBid could amass the funds for a large advertising campaign would be to charge more until the site becomes more and more like TOS. If this is really what you want then why not sell on TOS and leave eBid to those who are prepared to do a little work to promote their sales and value the low cost of the eBid selling environment.
    Also, if eBid were to launch any advertising campaign, where would it be? eBid has sites in many countries. Which country or countries should get the advertising?

Forum Saint
    All-About tonyreddevil
    Forum Posts

why not the the U.K. and USA

Thread Information