eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can I remove item from E-bid if I have a bid ???

Default Re: Can I remove item from E-bid if I have a bid ???

Have just found out from my daughter that her bid has been removed ??? is there a problem with her buying it for her DJ boyfriend ????

and her account has been pulled WTF ??? some site this is turning out to be...

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's called shill bidding and is not allowed on ANY site

The words 'reputation' and 'down the pan' have suddenly sprung into my mind ... can't think why ?!

I had told my daughter about the single about 3 days ago who mentioned it to her boyfriend who is keen to buy the single from me, I can't see any problem with it if he wants to purchase it, I have just decided to pull it , wish I hadn't even asked now

Nice one Cornishmaid but as I have said my daughter only told me today she had put a bid on it how does this put my reputation down the pan, because someone else is willing to buy it ??? I take it no one from the staines area would be able to buy it either ???? as I said starting to have major second thoughts of having setting up an e-bid account..

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    It's called shill bidding and is not allowed on ANY site
    If shill bidding was involved then surprising that the seller's account hasn't gone also.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman1888 View Post
    ...wish I hadn't even asked now
    That's often the way when you don't get the answer you wanted. Well...actually...you did from kozersky, but their view seemed to be out of step with popular opinion.

I take it then that my daughter that does not even live here on a permanent basis can't have an e-bid account ????

Nice one Cornishmaid but as I have said my daughter only told me today she had put a bid on it how does this put my reputation down the pan, because someone else is willing to buy it ??? I take it no one from the staines area would be able to buy it either ???? as I said starting to have major second thoughts of having setting up an e-bid account..

I don't know if you are new to selling but auction rules apply to any site so I would suggest you study them. It's not just eBid that enforces them, these are the rules from TOS
    Shill bidding is when sellers—or someone they know—place a bid on their item to drive the price up. This is called artificial bidding. Often the people placing bids have certain information about the seller's item that other shoppers aren't aware of. To make sure no one gets an unfair advantage, shill bidding is prohibited on eBay.
    People who know the seller – such as family members, flatmates, or employees – can't bid on that seller's items, but they can use options like Buy It Now that don't involve bidding. Sellers with employees have to make sure their staff are aware of this policy and what the consequences are for breaking the rules.

Your daughter would have lost her account over there and probably you too !

Last edited by cornishmaid1961; 20th July 2014 at 01:33 PM.

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

I take it then that my daughter that does not even live here on a permanent basis can't have an e-bid account ????
    There is nothing wrong with your daughter having an eBid account,irrespective of where she lives.MBW has an account here.
    There is everything wrong in her bidding on your listings as there would be if MBW bid on mine.

Thread Information