Thread: Stripe Payments

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Stripe Payments

Quote Originally Posted by theElench View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I'm going to start adding BACS as a payment option to my new listings and see if anyone is interested. The way PP is going ATM there must be a growing number of potential buyers that have been locked out of their PP accounts for not giving in to their bullying.

If they are serious about anyone selling having to have a Merchant Account there could be a whole lot more in the future as PP balances reduce to zero from lack of sales proceeds. If this is all about fee evasion, this looks like a very clumsy way to stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony41 View Post
    I have had BACS as a payment option for a long time. I cannot remember anyone using it to pay for a sale on eBid although there were a very few who used it when I was selling on D**campe.
    I keep the option open because it doesn't cost anything. I am removing it (gradually) as an option for Europe as it has become much more expensive since Brexit. Yet another loss due to Brexit
    I have added a note that is sent out with my invoices with my bank details included. I thought that would save my buyers having to faff about swapping messages with me.

I trade on a few places, some have their own payment systems where buyers can use their cards and/or Google Pay/PP and others use Stripe.

I appear to be weaning myself off PP and will monitor the situation to see how it pans out

I have to agree with Tony, I've always added the "Cheques" option to my listings but no-one has ever bothered with it. But then again, when has PP ever tried playing-up before.

I'm happy with PP and with using it as my method of being paid here. Until now its been safe, reliable and everyone has used it, but if they are going to start excluding people without mobiles, demanding that all regular sellers become "Merchants" they're rocking their own boat. Probably half the sellers here, are here because they got sick of obay's demands and / or money grabbing, because they thought no-one could get by without their help. Looks like PP might be making the same mistake.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

I have to agree with Tony, I've always added the "Cheques" option to my listings but no-one has ever bothered with it. But then again, when has PP ever tried playing-up before.

I'm happy with PP and with using it as my method of being paid here. Until now its been safe, reliable and everyone has used it, but if they are going to start excluding people without mobiles, demanding that all regular sellers become "Merchants" they're rocking their own boat. Probably half the sellers here, are here because they got sick of obay's demands and / or money grabbing, because they thought no-one could get by without their help. Looks like PP might be making the same mistake.
    I used to buy my vape juice using PP but the company I buy from has removed that option very recently. I don't know how many other businesses have stopped using PP

So what did they replace PP with??

They're obviously loosing a lot of their income now that obay is really pushing UK sellers to sign up for their MP and has announced that world-wide change-over should be virtually complete by the end of the year. It makes no sense to me that at the same time PP seems to be making life difficult for account holders.

Unless it sees its future not as a payment portal for mass use, but wants to move into finance and credit?? In which case probably it wants to shed the more expensive to manage smaller selling accounts as quick as possible??

I don't understand what is going on but I don't want to be left up the creek without any way of getting paid for sales if PP suddenly decides to pull the plug.

As always with these conglomerates they will say nothing to help their customers apart from the very vague announcement that comes into effect at the end of April. I would not be at all surprised if the next thing I know will be when a buyer messages me to say that PP will not process their payment. It's exactly what obay would do and I don't trust either of them one inch.
    ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ---------- * ----------

http://uk.ebid.net/users/theElench

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

So what did they replace PP with??

They're obviously loosing a lot of their income now that obay is really pushing UK sellers to sign up for their MP and has announced that world-wide change-over should be virtually complete by the end of the year. It makes no sense to me that at the same time PP seems to be making life difficult for account holders.

Unless it sees its future not as a payment portal for mass use, but wants to move into finance and credit?? In which case probably it wants to shed the more expensive to manage smaller selling accounts as quick as possible??

I don't understand what is going on but I don't want to be left up the creek without any way of getting paid for sales if PP suddenly decides to pull the plug.

As always with these conglomerates they will say nothing to help their customers apart from the very vague announcement that comes into effect at the end of April. I would not be at all surprised if the next thing I know will be when a buyer messages me to say that PP will not process their payment. It's exactly what obay would do and I don't trust either of them one inch.
    The company I buy my vape juice now just has the option to pay by debit or credit card

I also buy my meds from a company that only accepts bank transfers

View Policequilts's Feedback (+996)
    All-About Policequilts
    View Policequilts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I prefer using Paypal or Stripe when it comes to selling online.
    This way, you aren't giving the selling site all your banking information and it's a "Handshake" for the payment processing.

I couldn't image me giving my banking information to each selling site that I have sold on from "Add*", "Bon*", "Ecr*", "Et*", "Web*", "Zib*". I feel safer using the "Handshake Banking". So glad to leave eB* without ending up with their managed payments.

Many sellers tell us to open a separate bank account. I could have one but it's still link to the others and to go to another bank to set an account, they want a balance of $200.

Just my feelings about using my bank account with selling site.

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Policequilts View Post
    I prefer using Paypal or Stripe when it comes to selling online.
    This way, you aren't giving the selling site all your banking information and it's a "Handshake" for the payment processing.

I couldn't image me giving my banking information to each selling site that I have sold on from "Add*", "Bon*", "Ecr*", "Et*", "Web*", "Zib*". I feel safer using the "Handshake Banking". So glad to leave eB* without ending up with their managed payments.

Many sellers tell us to open a separate bank account. I could have one but it's still link to the others and to go to another bank to set an account, they want a balance of $200.

Just my feelings about using my bank account with selling site.
    I'm not giving out anything useful when I hand over my bank details as the buyer can only pay money to me.

If there were a security breach then I would be safer than if I had filled in my debit card details and security code at checkout.

My PP account has been hacked in the past and PP deleted my bank account from my PP account with the reason it was associated with fraud.

PP also accused me of money laundering during a YDC because of all the transactions in and out. It took me a while to convince them I wasn't Mr Big

Kettering, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View deetee's Feedback (+764)
    All-About deetee
    View deetee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Now that I have dropped Paypal, I randomly came across my Stripe payment account

I have also done a test run in sending invoices out and it appears my buyers can pay me using their debit or credit cards

The big question I have is why is my account coming up as something I already use here as the two accounts appear to be linked already?

Has Stripe been integrated here in the past? That's the only explanation I can come up with

How do you use stripe on ebid...I'm thinking of ditching Paypal for eBid payments - thanks - dave
    DeeTee's stores

1st Class Stamps - Stamps of Great Britain and Worldwide, New and Used, Old and New.

The Vintage Store - Antique and Vintage Postcards, Porcelain, Frames and Pictures.

Sound and Vision - Lots of Great Films and Music.

The Bank Vault - Banknotes and Coins from around the World.

Google Plus +

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deetee View Post
    How do you use stripe on ebid...I'm thinking of ditching Paypal for eBid payments - thanks - dave
    I must have linked Stripe and eBid accounts several years ago as when I checked Stripe recently I have used an old ebid store (now renamed) for my business details.

I generated an invoice to myself to test how it all works and the invoice arrived with the 'pay with debit and credit card'.

Thread Information