Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bin/google shopping

Forum Newbie
    View Comicman48's Feedback (+339)
    All-About Comicman48
    View Comicman48's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Bin/google shopping

hi again all. ok, as i mentioned before im an ebay refugee, and ive started to try and sell on ebid. so, after my first batch of listings achieved zero sales, i tried again. ive now dropped my prices and postage and included an auction price and a bin with clearer terms of sale ( i hope). now ive had an increase in views by quite a margin, so something is working, but still no bids. can any long term seller of comics/books/magazine on ebid offer any advice on what i can do to actually get some sales? cheers for reading.

View BigKidsAttic's Feedback (+3720)
    All-About BigKidsAttic
    View BigKidsAttic's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Comicman48 View Post
    hi again all. ok, as i mentioned before im an ebay refugee, and ive started to try and sell on ebid. so, after my first batch of listings achieved zero sales, i tried again. ive now dropped my prices and postage and included an auction price and a bin with clearer terms of sale ( i hope). now ive had an increase in views by quite a margin, so something is working, but still no bids. can any long term seller of comics/books/magazine on ebid offer any advice on what i can do to actually get some sales? cheers for reading.
    Hi Comicman,

I'd get rid of the NM in your listings, as I had a look at a couple of your comics, and one of them looked like it had a small crease in the upper right corner (one of the Batman books).
    Also i'd try to get the pictures to be the right way up instead of on their side.
    I see you have combined shipping, that's good.
    I also see you have decided to not ship overseas, not good, as that limits you potential buyer base.
    Maybe also add more pictures such as back cover etc...
    I would also get rid of the Auction option unless you are happy to receive that amount, as i've never had more than one bidder for an item when I had my stuff on auction (currently slowly removing that from my listings).

Anyway, hope the above helps, and you get some sales.
    Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Comicman48
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BigKidsAttic View Post
    Hi Comicman,

I'd get rid of the NM in your listings, as I had a look at a couple of your comics, and one of them looked like it had a small crease in the upper right corner (one of the Batman books).
    Also i'd try to get the pictures to be the right way up instead of on their side.
    I see you have combined shipping, that's good.
    I also see you have decided to not ship overseas, not good, as that limits you potential buyer base.
    Maybe also add more pictures such as back cover etc...
    I would also get rid of the Auction option unless you are happy to receive that amount, as i've never had more than one bidder for an item when I had my stuff on auction (currently slowly removing that from my listings).

Anyway, hope the above helps, and you get some sales.
    Jason
    cheers Jason, thank you for the imput. ive tried getting my pics upright, which they are on my hard drive, but when i put them on here they turn - any idea on how i can fix that. i must have missed that one with the crease, ill have another look at grade. have you sold more as bins then opposed to auctions? cheers. Rob.

All-About BigKidsAttic
    Forum Posts

cheers Jason, thank you for the imput. ive tried getting my pics upright, which they are on my hard drive, but when i put them on here they turn - any idea on how i can fix that. i must have missed that one with the crease, ill have another look at grade. have you sold more as bins then opposed to auctions? cheers. Rob.
    Hey Rob,

I use Photo Gallery on my pc (Windows) to crop/rotate my pics before adding them here.
    I've sold a few items via Auction, but there has never been 2 bidders for that one item. I've sold far more items at "Buy It Now" even when they are slightly cheaper on Auction, hence why i'm getting rid of the Auction part on my listings.
    Set you're Buy-It-Now at the price you are happy with.
    Open up your listings to overseas and gain more exposure/potential buyers. And if you are worried about someone claiming it hasn't arrived, then set your overseas prices at Tracked price, that way you can proove if it has indeed not been delivered.
    I also have a rough guide to combined shipping prices in my "All About Me" page (not that some buyers look).

Jason
    BigKidsAttic - Action Figure Adoption Agency (Fee's Appy), and supplier of collectible comics.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Comicman48
    Forum Posts

Hey Rob,

I use Photo Gallery on my pc (Windows) to crop/rotate my pics before adding them here.
    I've sold a few items via Auction, but there has never been 2 bidders for that one item. I've sold far more items at "Buy It Now" even when they are slightly cheaper on Auction, hence why i'm getting rid of the Auction part on my listings.
    Set you're Buy-It-Now at the price you are happy with.
    Open up your listings to overseas and gain more exposure/potential buyers. And if you are worried about someone claiming it hasn't arrived, then set your overseas prices at Tracked price, that way you can proove if it has indeed not been delivered.
    I also have a rough guide to combined shipping prices in my "All About Me" page (not that some buyers look).

Jason
    cheers Jason - appreciated. i like the info you put on your comics, artists and such like - impressive.

Couple of points
    1. You need to fix your pictures. The comic books with the picture of the comic on its side will not work, change them to long ways, or portrait.

2. Your comic book prices BIN £1.95 and Auction £1.75 - not much of an incentive to place a bid if you only get 0.20 saving if you win the auction. I would raise BIN price slightly, and auction price lower. Selling things on Ebid takes time, it also takes time to get your items onto Google Shopping then indexed

Forum Newbie
    All-About Comicman48
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by retrogoodness View Post
    Couple of points
    1. You need to fix your pictures. The comic books with the picture of the comic on its side will not work, change them to long ways, or portrait.

2. Your comic book prices BIN £1.95 and Auction £1.75 - not much of an incentive to place a bid if you only get 0.20 saving if you win the auction. I would raise BIN price slightly, and auction price lower. Selling things on Ebid takes time, it also takes time to get your items onto Google Shopping then indexed
    cheers for the comments.

All-About BigKidsAttic
    Forum Posts

cheers Jason - appreciated. i like the info you put on your comics, artists and such like - impressive.
    Thank you,

Some buyers collect particular artists, writers, or characters, so any extra info helps.

Jason

Forum Newbie
    All-About Comicman48
    Forum Posts

Thank you,

Some buyers collect particular artists, writers, or characters, so any extra info helps.

Jason
    hi Jason, no probs, ive started correcting the pics, wot a chore, ive no idea how they ended upside down etc. i also found i dropped a clanger in the text, the perils of cut and paste, so ive corrected that, changed prices fr auction/bins as well. so just eh magazine to do now. cheers for the imput, i hope it makes a difference, im certainley getting more views than i did on ebay by a big margin.

Thread Information