eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help how do i set up instant payment through paypal

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by demondrivemaster View Post
    hi guys ive just joined up from the "other" site and im trying to set up my sellers account
    i only want to send and recieve payments through my paypal account
    is this possible and if so how do i do it
    and can i recieve instant payments in this way or do i have to rely on peoples honesty to make the payment

please help
    Hi ~ If you have paypal , when you request money from someone there is also an option which is free with paypal to create a proper invoice to send ~ it comes up under the request money button thingy & is really useful.

Talking

hi crystal.
    thanks for posting that info about sending an invoice through paypal.
    i found it really useful, i didn't know there was that option. i thought you could only make a request for money, which you would have a fee put on.
    i've had a fiddle about on my paypal account, and i think i may have it sorted - i just have to sell something now!
    anyway, much appreciated. i wouldn't have know that had it not been for you.
    tracy x
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Visit my store
    - PERSONALIZED PRINTZ BY TRACY -
    for many different gift ideas.
    Printed items, made and designed by myself, personalised just for you at no extra cost.
    Childrens Placemats/Rock Band Prints/Special Occassion Keepsakes/Childrens Achievement Awards, etc.

http://uk.three.ebid.net/stores/PERS...RINTZ-BY-TRACY

Smile New Shop

Hi everyone

I too set up shop here last week with all the negativity over on feebay this seems like a great opportunity. Today I have sold my first item on e-bid and started to panick wondering.

1. How on earth to get paid.

2. Where do I find my buyers address.

It all seems very complicated having read the above posts. I have had a quick look at paypal and am now off to try and send my buyer an invoice, thank you so much for that information I could not find any info anywhere on the site as to how to use paypal.

Is anyone else signing up for the PPPay?

I guess having used paypal for so long and feeling comfortable with it I was wondering if this other payment method is really necessary.

How do I get my buyers shipping information?

Any feedback at all would be really appreciated as I feel like a fish out of water at the moment.

All the best to everyone on e-bid

Sara
    Flaunt It Footwear

You will get an email from ebid giving all the buyers details; if it’s a Dutch auction you will receive this when the auction has run its course. You can also look at the “After Auction Log” related to that sale in your my eBid. PPPay works well if your buyers have done the penny check first UK and Europe only at the moment though.

Hi
    Glad I read this thread all the way through - lots of good advice and facts. Although the little grey cells are now a bit clogged.
    Followed the last few posts for using PayPal as payment option. Got that bit.

?Question (to clear my addled brain) - At the end of Auction with a SALE! Do eBid generate an invoice? OR do I need to generate and send an invoice to my buyers - whatever payment method they are using?

Sorry if this a repeat question
    I'm a Newbie - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Yes ebid do send and invoice out . but it is a good idea to send your own as well and state all your payment options.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMoon View Post
    Hi ~ If you have paypal , when you request money from someone there is also an option which is free with paypal to create a proper invoice to send ~ it comes up under the request money button thingy & is really useful.
    Hi,

The problem I had with this method is that it doesn't give the option to offer a choice of postage services for the buyer to choose from, to enable the final the total to be calculated.

I contacted PayPal only to be told this functionality was not available outside eBay and was referred to the PayPal developer's forum. I posted there with no replies at all eben though I said I would pay for this to be done for me.

If you know how to get around this problem can you please let me know? Doing manual invoices drives me up the wall and I'm always worried about making a mistake!

Or if anyone else knows how to produce an invoice that can list the methods of payment and postage services on offer, I'd love to hear from them!
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alisonofcoalway View Post
    Hi
    Glad I read this thread all the way through - lots of good advice and facts. Although the little grey cells are now a bit clogged.
    Followed the last few posts for using PayPal as payment option. Got that bit.

?Question (to clear my addled brain) - At the end of Auction with a SALE! Do eBid generate an invoice? OR do I need to generate and send an invoice to my buyers - whatever payment method they are using?

Sorry if this a repeat question
    I'm a Newbie - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
    They generate an after sales email which plugs ppay. it is not an invoice (unless you only accept pppay) because there is no way you can include your paypal, nochex etc.. details.

At the moment you will need to issue your own invoices, and keep asking EBID admin to update their systems so we can pre poplate their email with our payment details then it might just pass as an invoice!

Default Get It Sorted

ebid management!!! just read the above comments..you need to strike a deal with paypal or close,sellers need a quick and easy way of paying fees and receiving payments and paypal even though there are costs involved seems to work.. don't be 2nd place to "ebay" let them be silly overcharging,up their own ass followers to you!!! people will come in their 1000's ..right now i think i made a bad choice!!

Thread Information