eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Feedback revamp

Wakefield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View nobrassband's Feedback (+1072)
    All-About nobrassband
    View nobrassband's Listings
    Forum Posts

Once an item enters the postal system it is outside the control of the seller. Items shipped by surface mail can take 8 weeks or even longer to reach their destination. Domestic delays not caused by the seller are not unkown either. Even if the seller has obtained proof of delivery (which is wise for any shipment, inland or overseas), the seller could be nagged until the cows come home (or don't!) because of events outside of his control.

As for compulsory nagging of buyer and seller regarding feedback - I am not sure that that would necessarily put someone in the right frame of mind when they leave feedback.

Good communication between both parties, explaining when things have been posted, the carrier's estimated delivery target, proof of posting (always free from the P.O.), and just plain good manners are the best code of practice. People should accept responsibility for their own actions.

No more nagging from Nanny, thank you. Good intentions can sometimes backfire.

Books and More from nobrassband

~~~
    Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.
    (Isaac Asimov)

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazlannathai View Post
    As with others, I'd mostly say leave feedback the way it is .....

...... but I'd support a DATE-DRIVEN delivery feedback even though it would put me at a major disadvantage compared to most sellers.

Something like this -

The feedback system stays as it is now (but with more visible links)
    Each Feedback has the following date fields -
    1. (Input by system) Purchase date (date of Bid for BINs / close for auctions)
    2. (Input by Seller) Date payment received
    3. (Input by Seller) Date item despatched
    4. (Input by Buyer) Date item received

System then nags Buyer AND Seller every 5 days (after date 1) regarding No 2 (Maybe Buyer did not send - maybe Seller forgot to add)
    When No 2 completed, system nags Seller every 2 days for No 3
    When No 3 completed, system nags Buyer every 7 days for No 4.

Once No 4 is completed, system displays total days taken from purchase to delivery (on the feedback record).

The Seller's total AVERAGE delivery time could then be displayed alongside their feedback stats.
    The Buyer's total AVERAGE payment time could then be displayed alongside their feedback stats.

The system also nags Buyer for feedback (every 5 days?) after No 4 is entered.
    Once buyer has left feedback, system nags Seller for feedback (every 5 days?) if not left already.

The above date entering could be placed in the AAL area for both Buyer and Seller, as well as in the Feedback page - thus acting as an after-sale log item as well as a feedback supplemental info section.

NO option to turn off the nags (until user has feedback over 200?) as part of "user education".

This would really open up visibility of payment and shipping reliability per user, and really push home the purpose and importance of feedback in online trading - way too many people simply don't leave any and never communicate why.

As I said, it would disadvantage long-distance international sellers like me, but I think it would also benefit everyone (and discourage con-artists and scammers from even thinking of joining the site) - from that perspective, it's worth doing.

Gaz

Hi Gaz...how are you...???

about the above....just reading it left me feeling a little brain dead...seems a bit too complicated for me. I like simple stuff...

Barnsley, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View DaisyChain's Feedback (+76)
    All-About DaisyChain
    View DaisyChain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Im completely against any "nagging" of people to leave feedback. As grimbold said, it will not set a good state of mind when feedback is eventually left. Also Feedback is up to the user at hand. Whilst it is annoying when feedback isnt left, at the end of the day it is the choice for the user whether feedback is left.

We talk about trying to bring users to the site and many people have already cited that the site cn be confusing to newbies at times, surely adding any extra feedback options is simply confusing a already straightforward matter..........

I say do away with the Neutral.

Positive

or

Negative

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yeah I know

Thinking about it - the fulfillment average should be from date pament received to date delivered, not from date of sale.

I'm just trying to think of ways to provide useful data that is factual rather than subjective.

Gaz

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redsable5 View Post
    I say do away with the Neutral.

Positive

or

Negative

I disagree....there are times when I am not entirely happy with the sale but don't feel a negative is justified....I wouldn't want to use positive, which implies I am happy...but also wouldn't want to use a negative which would also be unjustified.

for example/ I have one neutral on my own feedback.

I sent the item asap after payment. Royal Mail did their usual fast delivery of almost two weeks first class...

The buyer thought it was me not sending the goods fast enough...

she left neutral feedback. (I of course responded so other buyers would know what the problem was)

I can understand her not wanting to leave positive if she felt she had not recieved perfect service...likewise I don't think I would have deserved a negative as I did my part and the delay was not my fault.

Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand (Not Singapore), Singapore, United Kingdom
    View gazlannathai's Feedback (+796)
    All-About gazlannathai
    View gazlannathai's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    for example/ I have one neutral on my own feedback.

I sent the item asap after payment. Royal Mail did their usual fast delivery of almost two weeks first class...

The buyer thought it was me not sending the goods fast enough...

she left neutral feedback. (I of course responded so other buyers would know what the problem was)
    I'd have left a feedback comment alongthe lines of -
    "This buyer thinks the post office forges postmarks just to make it look like the package was posted earlier"

Gaz

Thread Information