Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assistance selling on ebid !

Hi there and welcome!

Lovely items in your shop! The Dr Who Tardis is fab!

It is MUCH more of a community here, so post on the boards to keep in touch with what is going on - The Kitchen Table is a great board here, very addictive too!

Also, because you are allowed to 'advertise' in your signature, use that as much as possible to promote your items on the boards.

My first sales were from other sellers, many of them new themselves, who wanted to build up their feedback a bit - so it is a good idea really to buy a few things you like and it shows you are trying to become part of the eBid community.

Good Luck!
    Check out my shop at http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-IKEA-Plus-Shop
    • IKEA - great items on offer (Special request service offered!)
    • PLUS - lots of other goodies too!

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmenham View Post
    I have been experiencing exactly the same problem since I joined ebid in October too. Not one sale. Very frustrating. I am still selling on ebay on a daily basis but would prefer to switch over to ebid. I think that ebid needs to promote itself more as there is 10toimes more activity on ebay.
    Dave
    Hi another way of promoting this site is to send one of Gothicina's flyers in every package you sell on Greedbay. Unfortunately they have the old logo on , but the contact details are correct.

Also you could mention to them that they could have bought from here cheaper, (if that is true of course).
    Last edited by lofty100e; 16th April 2007 at 12:17 PM.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

Quote Originally Posted by dmenham View Post
    I have been experiencing exactly the same problem since I joined ebid in October too. Not one sale. Very frustrating. I am still selling on ebay on a daily basis but would prefer to switch over to ebid. I think that ebid needs to promote itself more as there is 10toimes more activity on ebay.
    Dave
    Just to say as others have done - DO pop your ebid store down as your signature - and use the avatar to show us what you sell if you like - these forums get a lot of readers - great for letting everyone know what you sell.

I have found it works well! So don't give up just yet!

Unhappy Zero sales!ANY advice welcome!!

I have been a member for a while now and upgraded to platinum a month or so ago. So far not sold a single item since upgrading to platinum but did sell 3 item when I was a gold seller??
    My items are basically the cheapest around and I sell very well on feebay including some whoelsale supplies so I am completely clueless as to why the items dont sell on ebid!
    Plenty of views but no sales.
    I have around another 300 items to get listed but with no sales on existing items it is a bit soul destroying!
    Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Thanks

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

A1 games, please do not give up on listing more items. You just don't know how many people have visited your shop, wanted to buy something, but because what they wanted wasn't there, just went away. (and possibly went to the dark side where it WAS listed)

A wise Ebid poster once said - "If you throw enough spaghetti at a wall, some of it will stick".

If every Ebidder took the trouble to stock their stores properly(Like they do their Ebay stores), then the traffic flow here will definitely increase. There is just no way to measure how many customers we as sellers have lost because customers browse and see so many empty shops on Ebid.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Price comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by A1GAMES View Post
    I have been a member for a while now and upgraded to platinum a month or so ago. So far not sold a single item since upgrading to platinum but did sell 3 item when I was a gold seller??
    My items are basically the cheapest around and I sell very well on feebay including some whoelsale supplies so I am completely clueless as to why the items dont sell on ebid!
    Plenty of views but no sales.
    I have around another 300 items to get listed but with no sales on existing items it is a bit soul destroying!
    Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Thanks
    Hi there,
    I agree with previous response - don't give up listing. and I know that this might be way too obvious but have you run price comparisons on your listings? I don't know much about games etc, so haven't a clue their value but I do know that I always compare prices several other places before I buy anything and then I compare prices as I list here - hence the reason I'm a slow lister. I think people who shop in the auctions are hoping to grab bargains and it's by doing so that the 'word of mouth' publicity kicks in. Hope this is helpful and apologies if it has already been suggested elsewhere but sellers here have very little to add on to thier items, especially Platinum members. Even at almost £100 for LIFETIME full upgrade, it is a snip at the price when you compare it to monthly store fees elsewhere, and we get five to try and fill
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View celticqueen's Feedback (+28)
    All-About celticqueen
    View celticqueen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have sold 3 items on the dark side in the last 8 hours .I only listed them on friday pm. No one has even viewed my ebid.this has made me more determined to keep plugging away at ebid. I'll crack it yet ! Now I'm putting a note in with all my greedbay purchases saying shop at ebid.

Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View nykmedia's Feedback (+922)
    All-About nykmedia
    View nykmedia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Quick suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by celticqueen View Post
    I have sold 3 items on the dark side in the last 8 hours .I only listed them on friday pm. No one has even viewed my ebid.this has made me more determined to keep plugging away at ebid. I'll crack it yet ! Now I'm putting a note in with all my greedbay purchases saying shop at ebid.
    In your listings, can you add what the painting is on each scarf. These are absolutely beautiful and I wish you luck selling them. It's next to nothing for a gallery auction here and it only gets charged once you sell the item, regardless of how many relists you do. If I'm looking for a quick bargain, I skim through the piccies and go for a closer look.

Hope this helps - I'll be back!
    Be my eBuddy - Join eBid HERE

Raising funds to help feed rescue ponies via my eBid Frugaldom store

Still winning with Racing Book Shop

Forum Lurker
    View artlandish's Feedback (+19)
    All-About artlandish
    View artlandish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Much has been said of the great many sales on the dark side as compared to here. It's true that turnover is higher on the dark side, but sellers need to look at profit as well. Turnover might be higher on the dark side, lulling sellers into complacency because there seems to be a continuous flow of money coming in - but what are they REALLY working for?
    Turnover might be higher on the darkside, but profit margins are definitely much higher here. This is the place to be if you really want to make the most of your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by celticqueen View Post
    Hi,
    as you're a silver member, & can't use gallery at the moment,
    it might help if you put in the title what the picture is of, or if it's abstract, the main colour.
    You could also use a picture of one of the scarves as your avatar, & change it every week or so.
    Kewtonia

"Dogs look up to you. Cats look down on you. Give me a pig. He just looks you in the eye and treats you like an equal." - Winston Churchill

My Stores

Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

My Alter egos
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web

Family
    LeadhillsOnline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Download free eBid Flyers | Free eBid & YDC Banners |

Thread Information