Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossed Out Username for Buyer

Forum Newbie
    View TimeLordRCB's Feedback (+6289)
    All-About TimeLordRCB
    View TimeLordRCB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Crossed Out Username for Buyer

I have just had my auction 1177242259-11730-0 sell and I have sent the buyer an invoice as normal.

However, when I look at the buyer I see their username - larahills - appears as crossed out.

Is this something I should worry about? What does a crossed out name mean?

Cheers,

Rick

View gizzpuss2's Feedback (+22)
    All-About gizzpuss2
    View gizzpuss2's Listings
    Forum Posts

I got one of those today. Two electronic keyboards were "sold" to a person who only joined an hour before buying them. Trouble is, I now have to go to the trouble of claiming the fees back.

South Queensferry, West Lothian, United Kingdom
    View HannaHolly's Feedback (+3177)
    All-About HannaHolly
    View HannaHolly's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MeddlingMonk View Post
    I have just had my auction 1177242259-11730-0 sell and I have sent the buyer an invoice as normal.

However, when I look at the buyer I see their username - larahills - appears as crossed out.

Is this something I should worry about? What does a crossed out name mean?

Cheers,

Rick
    larahills address is the big give away- Acton Londonderry ( last time i looked Acton was in London). I suspect she or he is really from Nigeria and they have been rooted out by EBID security measures. email support@ebid.tv to claim back any fees

Default So I guess it is better to not sell to....

I have an answer to my question.Had a New user buy it now an item yesterday and now their name is crossed out.I guess this is a deadbeat and the sale is no good.

Guess I will not accept bids from zero feedback users anymore and its such a shame as most people are basically honest.

Does anyone know if its possiblwe to send a COMBINED invoice here at Ebid? I just sent an invoice from Paypal but the user finds this suspect.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by grandmotherwind View Post
    I have an answer to my question.Had a New user buy it now an item yesterday and now their name is crossed out.I guess this is a deadbeat and the sale is no good.

Guess I will not accept bids from zero feedback users anymore and its such a shame as most people are basically honest.

Does anyone know if its possiblwe to send a COMBINED invoice here at Ebid? I just sent an invoice from Paypal but the user finds this suspect.

Cheers
    Hi,
    as a platinum member you should be able to send a combined invoice via the AAL. When you choose send invoice, the options to add the other auctions should be there.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Hi,
    as a platinum member you should be able to send a combined invoice via the AAL. When you choose send invoice, the options to add the other auctions should be there.
    Thanks so much and Have a GREAT Day in the UK

View rupert691's Feedback (+2286)
    All-About rupert691
    View rupert691's Listings
    Forum Posts

Evening all! : )

I had a 'crossed-outter' today too! My first, so I'm very glad I came across this thread, because I didn't know what it meant.

(I've sent our end-of-auction message, - just in case they wish to honour the sale. Not holding my breath though).

Looking through the Forum, there seems to have been a few of these 'crossed-outers' about recently. Is this a new thing, or becoming more frequent, because eBid is becoming busier?

All the best,

Simon.
    Promote your eBid Sales with us on 'Second-Life'. If you'd like to join the SL eBid Group, please PM me for an Invite to help Promote your eBid Store/Listings!

'Rupert's Books' for Unusual used books!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Strange, I had one too. It was a high value item. I don't know if it's a new phenomenon but it is new to me. My 'crossed-outer' had an apparently normal address too.

I started another thread on this - but have just come across this thread. Same thing happened to me today too - chh1 was the crossed out buyers name, location Australia.

Guess I'll have to e-mail EBid about this. Is it different mischief makers or one mischief maker who is registering under different ids I wonder?

Thread Information