Market Drayton, Shropshire, United Kingdom
    View Paulwillhappy's Feedback (+28)
    All-About Paulwillhappy
    View Paulwillhappy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Sh*t HGV's Lorry Driver Watch ?

http://www.shropshirestar.co.uk/2007...y-hits-bridge/

http://www.shropshirestar.co.uk/search/lorry+crash

I am convinced that the quality of Lorry drivers is on the slide.......

On my travels approx 200-300 Miles i drive per day i am seeing a serious deteriation of Driving skills and at least 2 major accidents per day.

Why is this ? Any idea's

Argos Lorry's on their side is a common sight followed by Quarry type lorry's that have flattened a bus stop or a Family of 5.

Could you please put links to Bad Lorry driver stories that are local to you area, Also i'm amazed that very few of these drivers are Jailed.

Or post your own experiences PLease.

Many Thanks

Paul
    Never take your loo for granted Camping sucks.......

DOH!

There's me thinking you had a time piece from a lorry driver.

All-About Paulwillhappy
    Forum Posts

Not a Time piece more like a twitching "Ring Piece"

View slinkyri's Feedback (+2931)
    All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

The main reason for this imo and in the opinion of a lot of people is because company's are demanding that these drivers do more and more, driving more hours than they should, take less breaks and then work again unloading and reloading when they reach the yard.

The reduction in their rates of pay is such that they HAVE to work way over the healthy number of hours every day and they are simply

knackered!

All-About Paulwillhappy
    Forum Posts

Angry

Hi Ri,

The perfect answer ! I was in a call when i heard a loading bay manager say to a driver " You Lied to me you said you'd be here at 2PM"

In fact it was 2:05 i was amazed that a delivery was refused for being 5 Minutes late......... What the Hell

had a lorry nearly squish me at a round about last week and yesterday i was doing 50mph in a 50 zone with a hgv right up my @rse honking its horn becuse i wouldnt go faster even though i felt intimidated in my lil 206cc i held my ground and the idiot over took me only to cut in right infront of me becuse the car infront of mine was also doing 50

recon they should be monitored carefully for hours worked but tiredness was not a good excuse for that kind of behaviour
    you can NEVER have too many pairs of shoes...

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

Angry

Most accidents are caused by car drivers who insist on pulling stupid manouvers just so that they can get past wagons. They pull out of junctions at the last minute causing wagons to slam on and take avoiding action which tends to leave a scene of devastation and the car driver just peeing off and leaving the wagon driver to take the rap.
    When a wagon has an accident its all over the news, but when a car driver has an accident no one gives a toss.
    Yes wagon drivers do have a lapse in concentration from time to time and have there own accidents and yes there are some appalling hgv drivers out there, mainly polish drivers who are working for peanuts.
    Next time you see an argos wagon on its side try to work out why it ended up on its side. Look at his skid marks what is the weather like, I think you will find that a majority of the time it was caused by some impatient prat in a car.
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paulwillhappy View Post
    Hi Ri,

The perfect answer ! I was in a call when i heard a loading bay manager say to a driver " You Lied to me you said you'd be here at 2PM"

In fact it was 2:05 i was amazed that a delivery was refused for being 5 Minutes late......... What the Hell
    I could tell you some dreadful stories Paul. The HGV driver USED to be quite highly thought of, paid well and had half good working conditions. Everything has changed. The cut throat behaviour of companies all vying for the same work reflects on the work force every time.

Horrible place this world is sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by mogmog2005 View Post

recon they should be monitored carefully for hours worked

We are monitored all the time we are in charge of a wagon we have rules and regulations to stop us from driving tired and to stop us from driving over our 9 hours a day allowence. How about shoving a tacho into Mr rep and Mr white van mans vehicles and seeing how many hours they do unregulated.
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frommetoyou View Post
    We are monitored all the time we are in charge of a wagon we have rules and regulations to stop us from driving tired and to stop us from driving over our 9 hours a day allowence. How about shoving a tacho into Mr rep and Mr white van mans vehicles and seeing how many hours they do unregulated.
    I totally agree there

Thread Information