My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sh*t HGV's Lorry Driver Watch ?

i know everyone makes mistakes when driving, i pulled out on someone tonight - and dont know why i did, but i feel that some (not all) hgv drivers use the size of the vehicle they drive to bully other road users.
    you can NEVER have too many pairs of shoes...

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by mogmog2005 View Post
    i know everyone makes mistakes when driving, i pulled out on someone tonight - and dont know why i did, but i feel that some (not all) hgv drivers use the size of the vehicle they drive to bully other road users.

If a copper spots them doing it then they will be prosicuted. We are not all Yorkie eating fat hairy ar$$ed truckers with a copy of the sun on the dash If you stop to talk to us we are quite well mannerd guys and girls who are just trying to do a job in an ever increasingly difficult industry.

By the way I am a fat hairy ar$$ed trucker who eats Yorkies but I dont read the sun.
    I can only make one person happy per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Perhaps if a bit more common courtesy was extended to all drivers there would be less agression on the road. Standards have fallen amongst all segments of road users in the last 30 years. We drive on the left, not the middle lane for instance. Turn the rear fog lights off when it isn't foggy, I could go on.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by frommetoyou View Post
    If a copper spots them doing it then they will be prosicuted. We are not all Yorkie eating fat hairy ar$$ed truckers with a copy of the sun on the dash If you stop to talk to us we are quite well mannerd guys and girls who are just trying to do a job in an ever increasingly difficult industry.

By the way I am a fat hairy ar$$ed trucker who eats Yorkies but I dont read the sun.

lmao, i never said that ALL hgv drivers are the same, it is probably the minority that get the rest a bad name but over the last few weeks i have had a few frightening experiences due to HGV drivers .

₪ ø lll ·o.

Happiness Is Like Strawberry Jam, You Can't Spread Even A Little Bit Of It, Without Getting Some On Yourself!

View slinkyri's Feedback (+2931)
    All-About slinkyri
    View slinkyri's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Perhaps if a bit more common courtesy was extended to all drivers there would be less agression on the road. Standards have fallen amongst all segments of road users in the last 30 years. We drive on the left, not the middle lane for instance. Turn the rear fog lights off when it isn't foggy, I could go on.
    OMG this driving in the middle lane for the entire journey is something that drives me and my husband right up the wall on sundays.

Why Sundays? Well on sundays we drive a white transit semi high van to and from East london from south east essex. These drivers in the middle lane sitting at 50mph sometimes and we are wanting to go at 65 - 70 so have to go into the outside lane to overtake and we can not speed up to 85 if a fast car comes up our a$$. The reason they don't drive in the left is (my friend overheard someone saying...... I just get into the middle and stay there) they then don't have to worry about traffic joining the road at each junction.

Arrrrrrrgh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by slinkyri View Post
    OMG this driving in the middle lane for the entire journey is something that drives me and my husband right up the wall on sundays.

Why Sundays? Well on sundays we drive a white transit semi high van to and from East london from south east essex. These drivers in the middle lane sitting at 50mph sometimes and we are wanting to go at 65 - 70 so have to go into the outside lane to overtake and we can not speed up to 85 if a fast car comes up our a$$. The reason they don't drive in the left is (my friend overheard someone saying...... I just get into the middle and stay there) they then don't have to worry about traffic joining the road at each junction.

Arrrrrrrgh!!!!!!

going down the M6 toll, me and one other car in sight.................yep the other car was in the middle lane , annoys me too hun.

₪ ø lll ·o.

If people drove with a little consideration, a signal from the car wanting to move from the inside lane to pass could be easily accomodated by a car in the middle lane just easing off the accelerator for a moment to allow them out then press on when they move back into the nearside lane. What is so difficult about driving like that.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by frommetoyou View Post
    Most accidents are caused by car drivers who insist on pulling stupid manouvers just so that they can get past wagons. They pull out of junctions at the last minute causing wagons to slam on and take avoiding action which tends to leave a scene of devastation and the car driver just peeing off and leaving the wagon driver to take the rap.
    When a wagon has an accident its all over the news, but when a car driver has an accident no one gives a toss.
    Yes wagon drivers do have a lapse in concentration from time to time and have there own accidents and yes there are some appalling hgv drivers out there, mainly polish drivers who are working for peanuts.
    Next time you see an argos wagon on its side try to work out why it ended up on its side. Look at his skid marks what is the weather like, I think you will find that a majority of the time it was caused by some impatient prat in a car.
    I saw the start of this thread earlier but had other things to do,so couldn't reply.
    I had to give up my job as an hgv driver when MBW became disabled.You have said more or less what I would have.Anyone who drives for a living,whether it be motorbike or 40 tonne truck, should have some form of electronic monitoring of the vehicle.I haven't kept up with the technology of tacho's but I'm sure they're more advanced than when I used them.How many "reps" limit themselves to a maximum 4½ hours driving then take a minimum 45 minute break?(Is it still that?)

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Perhaps if a bit more common courtesy was extended to all drivers there would be less agression on the road.
    Can't argue with that Ken.I remember an occasion at traffic lights where a cars exit from the junction was blocked, but as the lights changed he raced across, effectively cutting off my route and also about 20 cars behind me.
    Being the person I am,I applauded his actions.He wound his window down and said,"Is there a f****ng yellow box here?"
    I replied,"Do you need to be instructed what to do by paint then,you not capable of thinking of other drivers & having a bit of consideration?"
    His reply of,"Oi mate, you wanna shut the f*** up" made me realise how much bigger & younger he was.So I thought to myself,"Shutting the f*** up dear"!

Forum Diehard
    View QCPOTS's Feedback (+52)
    All-About QCPOTS
    View QCPOTS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slinkyri View Post
    I could tell you some dreadful stories Paul. The HGV driver USED to be quite highly thought of, paid well and had half good working conditions. Everything has changed. The cut throat behaviour of companies all vying for the same work reflects on the work force every time.

Horrible place this world is sometimes.
    If I may,== The cut throat behaviour of companies,

Is necessary, owing to the changes brought in by Government,

The vast increase in fuel prices, road fund licence fees,
    And allowing FOREIGN WAGON DRIVERS TO DRIVE OVER HERE
    They do not have to undertake the strict driving tests that our drivers do,
    And they can not understand our rules of the road,
    But by the same token, there is a lot of sh*t wagon drivers born and breed in this country,
    And is unforgivable when you read a storey like this one
    The number of lives this guy has endangered, JESUS,

Don’t run away with the idea I am, or was a wagon driver, I wasn’t

And I am just as furious about bad car drivers, and the dreaded
    EVIL CARNIVALS, on two wheels

But on a lighter note,
    Had a good week selling, so better load up, and bomb down to the P/O
    On my,

Tun + motability scoota, ,

Thread Information