Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D&G sunglasses

Default D&G sunglasses

I am putting this here as I wasn't too sure where to go... I am not too sure what to do either! Let me explain:
    Somebody here sells some D&G sunglasses from £3.99 to £5.99 a pair.... To start with a very unlikely price as they would retail around £60 to more than £100 normally!
    Also I used to work for the manufacturer of D&G suns, the real ones, before they lost the license to Luxottica the current manufacturer, so I know a couple of bits about these glasses. Luxottica would sell these glasses at £20 to £40+ trade price + vat. Even old stock would not go below half of that price and generally depending on the contract they have signed with Dolce Gabanna, it is even possible that old stock would not be discounted but destroyed. I know they used to do that for other brands.
    All the glasses are sold with a case, I did not see the mention of a case on the listing I saw. The paper tag attached to the glasses seams all wrong too.
    But it is possible that someone could get D&G glasses for very cheap if they get them in an auction from a shop which has gone bust, still I doubt that they would get them for less than £5 a pair, so to sell some at £3.99…..
    Anyway, I am 99% sure the glasses are fake. Should I say something or should I not as there is that 1% chance I could be wrong???
    Caroline

Just click on the following link to see my auctions.
    http://uk.three.ebid.net/perl/main.c...er&go=%A0Go%A0

i bought some and then when they arived so fast i was delighted.
    left feedback ...

within about half hour i had given them to my daughter. 100% FAKE Id say.... and the tag is DG not D&G ... anyway what do you expect for 3 quid odd ? But then it was about 7 quid with p&p ... ive never seen my daughter wear them and i certainlt wouldnt.

Buy in haste - repent at your leisure

West Bromwich, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View merlin's Feedback (+3081)
    All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

they are dg not d&g i can get them from my sorce and on web site it clearly states dg

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_man View Post
    they are dg not d&g i can get them from my sorce and on web site it clearly states dg
    Which is why i didnt alter my feedback from poss ... cus it was MY OWN FAULT for not realising that DG is not D&G

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes View Post
    Which is why i didnt alter my feedback from poss ... cus it was MY OWN FAULT for not realising that DG is not D&G
    i would sooner have dg i mean who wants to walk around with DAG on there face

Ive walked about with this face for 37 years and ive had all kinds of strange looks as a result ... i cant imagine having DAG written on it would make matters any worse

All-About merlin
    View merlin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fairywishes View Post
    Ive walked about with this face for 37 years and ive had all kinds of strange looks as a result ... i cant imagine having DAG written on it would make matters any worse
    well if the plastic surgery goes wrong ya can`t do much about it can you

anyway i like them eyes

Once upon a time peeps said i had lovely eyes, teeth, boobs, legs, hair.

Now its just the eyes

My teeth are still ok though lol

LATER ... x

Hair's mostly gone, legs are creaky, never had boobs, teeth have fillings, and I need glasses to see this PC ..... Aah well must be old age I guess
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

View GinaMichele's Feedback (+20)
    All-About GinaMichele
    View GinaMichele's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cpeuf1 View Post
    I am putting this here as I wasn't too sure where to go... I am not too sure what to do either! Let me explain:
    Somebody here sells some D&G sunglasses from £3.99 to £5.99 a pair.... To start with a very unlikely price as they would retail around £60 to more than £100 normally!
    Also I used to work for the manufacturer of D&G suns, the real ones, before they lost the license to Luxottica the current manufacturer, so I know a couple of bits about these glasses. Luxottica would sell these glasses at £20 to £40+ trade price + vat. Even old stock would not go below half of that price and generally depending on the contract they have signed with Dolce Gabanna, it is even possible that old stock would not be discounted but destroyed. I know they used to do that for other brands.
    All the glasses are sold with a case, I did not see the mention of a case on the listing I saw. The paper tag attached to the glasses seams all wrong too.
    But it is possible that someone could get D&G glasses for very cheap if they get them in an auction from a shop which has gone bust, still I doubt that they would get them for less than £5 a pair, so to sell some at £3.99…..
    Anyway, I am 99% sure the glasses are fake. Should I say something or should I not as there is that 1% chance I could be wrong???
    Therefore in answer to your question Caroline, if the ad states DG then they are ok if it states that they are D&G then it could be a tad iffy.

Ok started getting grey hairs at 16..............thank god for hair dye....mind you me other half is totally grey.....opps better change that silvery-white as he likes to say and hes 37 mind you i like it ...think he looks like spike from buffy *slurp*
    Personalised Gifts for your loved ones at:

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/AnythingGoes

I’m ready to tell you my secret now.......................I see daft people

Thread Information